Oscar Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Fourbtgait

Oscar Question

Post by Fourbtgait » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:58 pm

Tried using search mechanism, but….
So my Resmed Airsence 10 has correct date/time, though uses military time.
Oscar, when looking at the details page, sets time up left to right 2, 3, 4 etc. under preferences, drift clock, it’s set to 0.
Would I change those numbers to correlate to actual night time time?

palerider

Re: Oscar Question

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:46 pm

Fourbtgait wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:58 pm
Oscar, when looking at the details page, sets time up left to right 2, 3, 4 etc. under preferences, drift clock, it’s set to 0.
I don't understand what you're asking.

You set the clock on the machine correctly, Oscar displays what's set on the machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Fourbtgait wrote:
You are using a Resmed machine that allows you to set the correct time. So the time stamps on your data will be correct.

Those of us using PR machines cannot set the machine's internal clock---it is preset to GMT time and we cannot make any corrections once that clock gets out of whack. And the PR machines' internal clock batteries are notorious for "clock drift"---in other words, after using a machine for several months or years, the internal clock can be substantially off the correct time. Oscar's clock drift settings allow a PR user to let Oscar calculate the actual times you used the machine according to your computer's local time setting.

For example, when I quit using my PR DreamStation a couple of weeks back the internal battery had gained 1:13:50 of "time". In other words, if I turned the machine on at 1:00 AM EST, that's the same as 6:00 AM GMT, but my PR DreamStation records that "on" time as occurring at 7:13:50 AM GMT. Without the time offset, the Oscar report (as well as a locally done Encore report) would say that I had turned the machine on at 2:13:50 AM local time. Putting a "clock offset" of -1:13:50 in Oscar allows Oscar to take the time stamps written by the PR DreamStation that say I turned the machine on at 7:13:50 AM GMT and (correctly) display that I turned the machine on at 1:00 AM EST since my computer's clock setting is GMT -5 right now.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 am

The AS11 is set to GMT time and cannot be reset.
The AS10 can be reset with difficulty.

Fourbtgait

Post by Fourbtgait » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:46 pm
Fourbtgait wrote:

You set the clock on the machine correctly, Oscar displays what's set on the machine.
I go to sleep at 10 PM.
Oscar time scale below graphs shows 2, 3, 4, 5.etc till waking at 7 am.
It does not go 10, 11, 12, 1.

Fourbtgait

Post by Fourbtgait » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:16 am

LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 am
The AS11 is set to GMT time and cannot be reset.
The AS10 can be reset with difficulty.
So if I understand you, the AS10 is set for GMT, which is what Oscar shows below the graphs?
When setting up the AS10, I did not see an option for choosing PT zone or any other.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:24 am

The AirSense/AirCurve 10 model machines have a clock you can actually set to whatever your local time is.
Explained in the manual.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf
Now it is military time though...so people have to learn that 22:00 is 10 PM.
Sometimes going backwards with the clock (fall back DST change) can't be done when there is still some data within that 24 hour reporting session. Usually not a problem when someone wants to change the clock right before bedtime.

The AirSense 11 models don't have a clock that the patient can set. They only have a time zone setting to choose from and people can't go changing the time zone itself when there is prior data on the machine. If someone wants to change the timezone they have to erase all past data stored on the machine and start fresh.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:51 am

Fourbtgait wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:46 pm
Fourbtgait wrote:

I go to sleep at 10 PM.
Oscar time scale below graphs shows 2, 3, 4, 5.etc till waking at 7 am.
It does not go 10, 11, 12, 1.
Set the machine time so it's correct.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:47 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:24 am
The AirSense 11 models don't have a clock that the patient can set. They only have a time zone setting to choose from and people can't go changing the time zone itself when there is prior data on the machine. If someone wants to change the timezone they have to erase all past data stored on the machine and start fresh.
That's another backwards step in the design of the AirSense 11 model if you ask me.

One of the things that I really appreciated when I started using the AirCurve 10 you've lent me is that I can actually set the clock instead of having to go through an elaborate process of monitoring with a computer when I turn the machine on and when I turn it off during a 10 minutes or so session of breathing with the mask during the daytime, just so I could figure out what the appropriate clock drift is.

Yesterday I had to go through this process with my husband's PR machine: I wanted to see if a known pee-break in his data possibly corresponded to a potentially restless period with a nasty cluster of events in my own data. But it had been well over a year since I'd last done the calibration for his PR System One Series 60 machine's internal clock. It's now off by -2:09:43 from what it should be.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Fourbtgait

Post by Fourbtgait » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:18 pm

To clarify.
Yesterday afternoon I verified the date/time in machine.
Correct date.
Time was 6:46 PM. Machine showed 18:46. Correct time since the day I set it up.

Oscar on daily page, details, does not show when I started it last night, at 20:00 nor shut it off at 05:20, but a different set of numbers.

Thanks anyway

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:25 pm

It would help to see what you are seeing since you say it is incorrect.

Did you verify that you have the correct time zone chosen in your OSCAR profile???? If the profile time zone is wrong that will throw off all the time/clock stuff you see on the report.

Note profile time zone is not the same thing as the little box we see in OSCAR for DST setting.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Fourbtgait wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:18 pm
To clarify.
Yesterday afternoon I verified the date/time in machine.
Correct date.
Time was 6:46 PM. Machine showed 18:46. Correct time since the day I set it up.

Oscar on daily page, details, does not show when I started it last night, at 20:00 nor shut it off at 05:20, but a different set of numbers.

Thanks anyway
You need to show us two screen shots from Oscar.

1st: Take a screen shot of the CPAP preferences page so we can see what your offset is.

2nd: Take a screen shot of the daily data page with the incorrect times.

If we can see both of those things, then we might be able to help you.