Mask Indicator Icon Resmed 10 Machine.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sophie66

Mask Indicator Icon Resmed 10 Machine.

Post by Sophie66 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:41 am

Hi, I'm new to using cpap, just one week. I have a trial machine. Unable this weekend to contact the shop where renting it from .
Last night I checked the 'my options' on the machine and the Mask icon was lit up red. I tried 2 times removing and refitting my ResMed F20 mask but red light remained on. I made sure the hose was properly plugged into the machine and also unplugged and replugged the machine to power supply but red light remains on. It feels like the air pressure in the mask just isn't right? Stopped using the cpap for now. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

robysue1

Re: Mask Indicator Icon Resmed 10 Machine.

Post by robysue1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:09 pm

I want to make sure I understand what you are talking about.

You write:
Last night I checked the 'my options' on the machine and the Mask icon was lit up red. I tried 2 times removing and refitting my ResMed F20 mask but red light remained on.
Are you saying that you ran Mask Fit and got Mr. Red Frowny Face? And that you tried running Mask Fit a second time and you still got Mr. Red Frowny Face?

Or, are you saying you looked at the Sleep Report and Mr. Red Frowny Face was showing up there?

Here's why it's important:

If you were running Mask Fit, the only way to get rid of Mr. Red Frowny Face is to run Mask Fit again with the mask properly sealed. Until the mask seal is such that you aren't leaking excessively, Mr. Red Frowny Face will keep showing up. Unplugging and replugging the machine is not going to change that.

But if you are looking at the Sleep Report, that Mr. Red Frowny Face is about what happened the last time you ran the machine and there's nothing you can do about it.

My advice is to find some videos about how to properly fit your mask to your face and then try fitting the mask and running Mask Fit again. If you can't get a good fit, you should call your DME and tell them that you are struggling with getting the mask to seal.

Good luck with fixing your problem.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls