Cleaning climate line tubing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KittyMom22

Re: Cleaning climate line tubing

Post by KittyMom22 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:51 am

All I know is I've had mine for less than 2 weeks and it's already starting to smell a little funky

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:18 am

KittyMom22 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:51 am
All I know is I've had mine for less than 2 weeks and it's already starting to smell a little funky
Note to wash upper lip. :wink:

JPB

KittyMom22

Post by KittyMom22 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:22 am

:lol:

I have a full-face mask and I wash that every day and my whole face before bed. I've come to the conclusion it's the moisture from the humidifier and maybe the heating element itself. The whole room has a slightly funky smell in the morning. I need to run a dehumidifier.

I also need to buy a new bucket to do the hose in.

Ray4852

Post by Ray4852 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:34 am

I use the hurricane dryer. it does a nice job drying out my hose, mask and cushion. you can buy one from amazon for 180 dollars. it takes 15 minutes to fully dry out my hose. a must for people who want to keep their equipment dry and fresh.

KittyMom22

Post by KittyMom22 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:44 am

Thanks!

Ray4852

Post by Ray4852 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:53 am

KittyMom22 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:22 am
:lol:

I have a full-face mask and I wash that every day and my whole face before bed. I've come to the conclusion it's the moisture from the humidifier and maybe the heating element itself. The whole room has a slightly funky smell in the morning. I need to run a dehumidifier.

I also need to buy a new bucket to do the hose in.
try living without the heated hose and humidity. do you think you really need it. when I started with cpap. I turned off the heated hose and humidity. every house collects moisture and humidity everyday.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:10 am

Ray4852 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:34 am
I use the hurricane dryer. it does a nice job drying out my hose, mask and cushion. you can buy one from amazon for 180 dollars. it takes 15 minutes to fully dry out my hose. a must for people who want to keep their equipment dry and fresh.
KittyMom22 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:44 am
Thanks!
Instead of wasting $180 for the Hurricane Dryer to dry your hose, plug your hose into your ResMed, select Maskfit, and run it one or twice, it will dry the inside of your hose as good as the Hurricane Dryer will.

Air 11 owners, can also use the TestDrive feature as well.

Ray4852

Post by Ray4852 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am

I tried it. it didn't work for me. the hurricane dryer did a better job.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:50 am

Ray4852 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am
This statement simply doesn't make sense. Saying it did a better job, I'll accept, but stating it didn't work, is nonsense.

Air blowing at 50-100 LPM, through your system over any residual moisture, *will* blow the moisture out and accelerate evaporation.

This is simply not debatable.

Stating physics doesn't work for you, takes away your credibility and gives the appearance of justifying a bad purchase.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:58 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:50 am
Ray4852 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am
This statement simply doesn't make sense. Saying it did a better job, I'll accept, but stating it didn't work, is nonsense.

Air blowing at 50-100 LPM, through your system over any residual moisture will blow the moisture out and accelerate evaporation.

This is simply not debatable.

Stating physics doesn't work for you, takes away your credibility and gives the appearance of justifying a bad purchase.
I run the maskfit feature on mine. You have to let it get to where the heat in the hose and empty humidifier dry it out. Takes about 5-10 minutes.

When I first started I bought an inflatable pump (for air mattresses and pool floats) and attached that to it to blow out the "big stuff" early in the day and by evening it was dried out.

I think sweating in the bed will create a bit of funky smell to the room. ::shrug::: what's a gal to do.

Did you get a hose hanger? I like mine and it kinda hangs it in "half" rather than one long heavy hose a'hangin. It gets pretty dry during day and I mask fit it for five or ten and it's done. I went to sleep last night with some residual moisture and I didn't notice any difference.

A full blown rainout though and you cant miss it. You thankfully arent there yet.

Also i wouldn't try to dry out an entire room with a dehumidifier. The heat in your home will do that just fine all by itself. jmho

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:15 pm
Stop when you become nearsighted.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:08 pm

KittyMom22 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:51 am

I'm grateful for a good sense of smell--but glad it is not a sensitive as yours.
I have a little sage and citrus air freshener from Yankee Candle
that adds a light fragrance that cancels light funk.

KittyMom22

Post by KittyMom22 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:24 pm

lynninnj wrote:
I run the maskfit feature on mine. You have to let it get to where the heat in the hose and empty humidifier dry it out. Takes about 5-10 minutes.

When I first started I bought an inflatable pump (for air mattresses and pool floats) and attached that to it to blow out the "big stuff" early in the day and by evening it was dried out.

I think sweating in the bed will create a bit of funky smell to the room. ::shrug::: what's a gal to do.

Did you get a hose hanger? I like mine and it kinda hangs it in "half" rather than one long heavy hose a'hangin. It gets pretty dry during day and I mask fit it for five or ten and it's done. I went to sleep last night with some residual moisture and I didn't notice any difference.

A full blown rainout though and you cant miss it. You thankfully arent there yet.

Also i wouldn't try to dry out an entire room with a dehumidifier. The heat in your home will do that just fine all by itself. jmho
I already run a dehumidifier in the basement and I barely use any heat. It's humid in New Jersey, girl! I bought a small one for Mom that she didn't want and it's past the return date. All I have to do is take it out of the box.

This is definitely a different smell. Not a "me" smell. 🤢

Thanks for the drying tip! No, I don't have a hose hanger but my aquarium siphons did fine draped over the shower head so I'm hoping I don't need one.

I also plan to use my hair dryer.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:10 pm

KittyMom22 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:24 pm
lynninnj wrote:

I already run a dehumidifier in the basement and I barely use any heat. It's humid in New Jersey, girl! I bought a small one for Mom that she didn't want and it's past the return date. All I have to do is take it out of the box.

This is definitely a different smell. Not a "me" smell. 🤢

Thanks for the drying tip! No, I don't have a hose hanger but my aquarium siphons did fine draped over the shower head so I'm hoping I don't need one.

I also plan to use my hair dryer.
All I got is dry air from the baseboards right now, soon to be followed by dry air from the pellet stove. Even with the pot of water that steams on top all day it’s dry!

The maskfit definitely won’t cause damage to the mask and hose in 10 minutes and it doesn’t involve having to attend to it. I just set alarm on my phone and carry on.

Good luck with the funky smell. So long as the kitties don’t hold their noses.

🤓

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

tyrinryan

Post by tyrinryan » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:00 pm

kitty mom: please tell us how the hair dryer works. way back I used a heat gun and destroyed a tube ymmv.