Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
vze2363v

Re: Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

Post by vze2363v » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:56 am

beautifuldreamer wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Checked my status of replacement today- it used to say that it wasn't matched to a DME and requested either I sync up with the dream mapper or have my Doctor fax my prescription -

I had my doctor fax my prescription -
and now the status says that my DME will receive my replacement machine and the DME will contact me when it is available -

very interesting . . . I wonder which DME they are sending the machine to. . .
My status turned into "Not Matched To A DME" after I filled out the online questionnaire with my medical conditions on it. I called Philips today and asked about this as I did NOT want them to go through the business I got my original Systems One from who have become incredibly shady over the last few years. She said she can't control who the DME will be and the best I can do to ensure I'm getting what I'm supposed to get as a replacement is call Philips after I've received the machine and make sure whatever they give me isn't part of the recall. Apparently, they're expecting the DME's to come up with machines they have in their own inventory. I can guarantee that if the people I bought my machine from get a new machine from Philips to replace mine, they'll take it and sell it as new then send me some messed up machine someone else was using. That's a very sad thing to say, but that's their new business model. SMH.

Additional Comments: DreamMapper & OSCAR

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:36 am

beautifuldreamer wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:52 pm
beautifuldreamer

I wonder which DME they are sending the machine to
Wizard DME and Tattoo Studio
411 Alverson Rd
San Diego, CA

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:30 pm

I called Respironics today to see if they could tell me which DME it was being shipped to - the person on the phone said they cannot see that information, that they only see the same thing we can see when we log on to check our status . . .

they said likely they will send it to a DME that is accepting the recall replacements, one that is located in the same zip code area . . .

My current DME said that others who have had the same status that I have on the Philips site (replacement being shipped to DME), that Philips doesn't actually send the replacement to the DME and will send directly to the patient . . .
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:26 pm

My doc faxed prescriptions for the System One 50 and System One 60 last week, but the status is still showing "please fax us your prescription." anyone else seen anything change at the portal when they faxed the prescription?

aStuff

Post by aStuff » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:46 pm

remstarcpap wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:26 pm
My doc faxed prescriptions for the System One 50 and System One 60 last week, but the status is still showing "please fax us your prescription." anyone else seen anything change at the portal when they faxed the prescription?
Give it another day or two. Mine script was faxed over last Tuesday and I saw that the web site updated today.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:50 pm

remstarcpap wrote:
Mine said that for around 2 or 3 weeks and now it says that my replacement was shipped to my "DME" . . .

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance. Fax is such archaic tech, and you never know if it's really received.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:39 pm

Recently I contacted my current DME, not the one where I originally got my System Ones from - to inquire their advice on the status of one of my system ones saying the replacement has been shipped to my DME.

The person was very nice and willing to assist me to make contact with her Philips representative - I think she is making progress - as the other two machines status used to say that no DME has been found, just today has switched to Prescription needed (like what the one that has shipped used to indicate).

I am going to contact her again, to ask about the prescriptions that are required - to see what her advice will be, since two of the devices are ASVs, and one of the devices is a BiPap, how to juggle what my current prescription is and what to submit to Philips . . .

So as an idea for those of you who do not have a DME or have moved, or their DME is no longer in business, or purchased from outside of a DME, you might consider asking some of the DME's that are in your local area, to see if they can provide assistance - from what I have heard, not all DME's are getting involved with the Philips recall. . .

Holocron

Post by Holocron » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:55 am

remstarcpap wrote:
Mine was supposedly faxed around 10/20. Reconfirmed with physician prescriber that all requested information by Philips was faxed.

No changes yet to site.

Additional Comments: Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier for daily use. (Not listed above) Airmini for travel.
Daily Driver (normally sans recall): Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier / DreamWear Nasal Cushion
Travel Unit (now currently daily driver during recall): ResMed Airmini / AirFit P10

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 pm

Today I received, unannounced to me, a replacement for my DS1 bipap which I reported on the Philips website well over 1yr ago now. I didn't scream & holler or complain so that is likely why it took so long. The problem is this - I received only the bipap blower part NO power supply and NO humidifier.

I was quite surprised just how small just the blower portion is. If you don't use a humidifier this may be an option for a travel cpap. So I will prob have this replacement bipap for sale soon, I won't have a need for this one.

It is a Dreamstation Auto BiPap DSX700S (DS1) it has a mfg date in 2022 so I have to think it has zero hours as in "New + Never Used".

If you are interested just send me a PM and we can work things out.

It apparently was shipped from the VA. The problem is that I shipped the entire unit back to the VA when they asked for it. Let's face it w/o the blower why would I need the power supply, the humidifier, or the modem?

Apparently, it was much later in the recall when they asked the user to only send the blower back?

So I called the Philips # listed in the paperwork and after 50 min. on hold I was helped by a most gracious lady who confirmed all my info and created a ticket to send those replacement items directly to my home.

So the moral of the story is - "Help is on the way".

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:17 pm

I have both a PR DreamStation BiPAP Auto and a PR System One (Series 50) BiPAP Auto that are affected by the recall. Both machines were registered at the PR recall site within days of the recall announcement. The DreamStation is my daily machine and the System One has been my back up machine ever since my insurance was willing to replace the System One when it turned 5 years old. The DreamStation just had its 6th birthday.

My new sleep doc's office has confirmed that they have faxed a script for replacing my PR System One (Series 50) BiPAP Auto to the PR fax number as requested on the PR website. They faxed the script a week or so ago. And yet, when I go to the PR site to check on the status for this machine, I still see this:

As for my PR DreamStation BiPAP Auto, I've been seeing this for about a month:
And the concern I have is that at the time I filled out a PR questionnaire, I answered the question about whether or not I'd seen any foam particles floating in my humidifier tank honestly with a "No" because at that time, I had not seen any such particles.

But a couple of weeks ago? I saw my first black thing floating in the humidifier tank and it sure looked like a foam fragment to me. And I have seen more than one such particle.

That's what's led to my current Experiment with an AirCurve 10 Vauto curtesy of Pugsy. And after informing the new sleep doc about seeing the possible foam particles in the humidifier tank, along with double checking the age of my DreamStation (it just turned 6), the sleep doc thinks I should just replace the machine with a new machine providing insurance will pay. And his office has faxed a script to a local DME (that I've never worked with) and the DME is supposedly in the process of contacting my insurance to see if they'll authorize a new machine.

I decided to contact the new DME today and ask the question: Would they be willing to fill the script with a Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto? I haven't yet heard back, but to be honest, it's only been a couple of hours since I left the message.

This whole situation is getting frustrating. Hubby's PR System One Series 60 Auto CPAP is also under recall and I see the same message that I get for my System One BiPAP when I check on the status of his machine re the recall.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

JimmyMc

Post by JimmyMc » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:30 pm

remstarcpap wrote:
We lived for 15+ years in Australia, before moving back to the US in 2018. I was shocked that the doctors and other medical professionals were still using FAX machines here. In Australia, ALL the health system is essentially on the same system - a doctor in Adelaide can access (with your identification) anything they need. Radiology, prescriptions, test results. And NO ONE is using a FAX machine for ANYTHING.

I commented on the situation to my new GP here, and added as an aside "I'm not using a pager, either".

shimon

Post by shimon » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:00 pm

JimmyMc wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:30 pm
We lived for 15+ years in Australia, before moving back to the US in 2018. I was shocked that the doctors and other medical professionals were still using FAX machines here. In Australia, ALL the health system is essentially on the same system - a doctor in Adelaide can access (with your identification) anything they need. Radiology, prescriptions, test results. And NO ONE is using a FAX machine for ANYTHING.

I commented on the situation to my new GP here, and added as an aside "I'm not using a pager, either".
The US health care system is broken and dysfunctional and the only part that works properly is the profit stream.

shimon

Post by shimon » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:03 pm

remstarcpap wrote:
I just called and spoke to one of the Phillips reps and she said it can take up to 30 days for them to process all the faxes and update that page. I told her they should state so on the Patient Portal and of course she had no answer. Told her I wasn't blaming her but that she should pass it up the chain but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Philips sure isn't handling this recall in a timely nor effective manner.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:37 pm

shimon wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:03 pm
I just called and spoke to one of the Phillips reps and she said it can take up to 30 days for them to process all the faxes and update that page. I told her they should state so on the Patient Portal and of course she had no answer. Told her I wasn't blaming her but that she should pass it up the chain but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Philips sure isn't handling this recall in a timely nor effective manner.
I got the same response after calling 10 days after the fax went out. I asked if she could confirm they received the fax. The answer was no.
AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.