Looking for assistance interpreting information

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lynninnj

Re: Looking for assistance interpreting information

Post by lynninnj » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:44 pm

JDMnc1103 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 pm
Looking at the chart I posted earlier, could anyone give me information regarding settings? Do I still need to make adjustments? Pressure? Ramp? I don’t really know how to read the chart and tell what O2 levels are.
you could try watching a tutorial like this one https://youtu.be/FMkBatUVu7s

I found his mouse clicks painful but learned a lot.

I think you need a particular O2 meter to incorporate with oscar but I can’t personally direct you there.

I could offer opinions on the data but I will defer to a veteran.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

JDMnc1103

Post by JDMnc1103 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:42 pm
Let’s give the recovery another couple of days before looking at the settings. For O2 levels you’d need a recording oximeter. Click on the Oximetry link on the Welcome page of Oscar for information about oximeters that are compatible with Oscar.
lynninnj wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:44 pm
JDMnc1103 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 pm
Looking at the chart I posted earlier, could anyone give me information regarding settings? Do I still need to make adjustments? Pressure? Ramp? I don’t really know how to read the chart and tell what O2 levels are.
you could try watching a tutorial like this one https://youtu.be/FMkBatUVu7s

I found his mouse clicks painful but learned a lot.

I think you need a particular O2 meter to incorporate with oscar but I can’t personally direct you there.

I could offer opinions on the data but I will defer to a veteran.
Okay. I looked at the Oscar page and have now ordered an appropriate oximeter but it will take a few days to arrive. I will post charts over the next couple of days to see where we are at on the CPAP. I appreciate you and your time very much. Thank you both.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:52 pm

He needs to be pain free and off the meds and sleeping decently to get some sort of typical report.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JDMnc1103

Post by JDMnc1103 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:52 pm
He needs to be pain free and off the meds and sleeping decently to get some sort of typical report.
Well he is never going to achieve that goal unfortunately. He's had about 10 surgeries, one of which was to put pins and plates in his neck. He is never pain free. Also, he never seems well rested. EVER. He isn't taking pain medication at all for the foot surgery anymore. He says it is just a little sore now, not painful. I am posting last night's Oscar data below. He is napping right now and as you can see, slept all night with low AHI. :?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:19 pm

JDMnc1103 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am
Well he is never going to achieve that goal unfortunately. He's had about 10 surgeries, one of which was to put pins and plates in his neck. He is never pain free. Also, he never seems well rested. EVER. He isn't taking pain medication at all for the foot surgery anymore. He says it is just a little sore now, not painful. I am posting last night's Oscar data below. He is napping right now and as you can see, slept all night with low AHI. :?
Well I meant "pain free" from at least the recent surgery or pain reduced to a point it no longer is a huge sleep disruption.
The other aches and pains fall back in to the "status quo" and it is what it is.
The original concern was the large number of central apneas flagged where there never has been such a problem in the past before the toe surgery. Those centrals could have been related to the pain meds suppressing respiration a bit or they could also have been awake related flagging and in that case not a problem if awake.

At this point since things are seemingly returning to normal I don't know that I would be doing much of anything.
Last night's report is quite decent and if he says that he slept fairly decently and feels decent (or decent for him) then I don't know that I would be in any big hurry to go changing things.

Now the only change I might consider if someone just wants to try something new to see if it helps or hurts sleep quality or how someone feels might be increasing that minimum pressure up to around 6 cm ish....and see if smoothing out that pressure graph makes any difference or not.
It's not something that is urgent though...but something you might consider experimenting with.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JDMnc1103

Post by JDMnc1103 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:29 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:19 pm
Well I meant "pain free" from at least the recent surgery or pain reduced to a point it no longer is a huge sleep disruption.
The other aches and pains fall back in to the "status quo" and it is what it is.
The original concern was the large number of central apneas flagged where there never has been such a problem in the past before the toe surgery. Those centrals could have been related to the pain meds suppressing respiration a bit or they could also have been awake related flagging and in that case not a problem if awake.

At this point since things are seemingly returning to normal I don't know that I would be doing much of anything.
Last night's report is quite decent and if he says that he slept fairly decently and feels decent (or decent for him) then I don't know that I would be in any big hurry to go changing things.

Now the only change I might consider if someone just wants to try something new to see if it helps or hurts sleep quality or how someone feels might be increasing that minimum pressure up to around 6 cm ish....and see if smoothing out that pressure graph makes any difference or not.
It's not something that is urgent though...but something you might consider experimenting with.
Thanks pugsy. It’s very apparent at this point that the meds were causing the large rise in AHI. His sleep quality is always kinda low. I guess he may be tired for other reasons and not due to the CPAP. I will continue to watch his pressure lows/highs and then decide if we are going to adjust pressure low to 6 cm. Thank you for all of your help.