Airsense 10 portable battery/power source help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SprintCAR97

Airsense 10 portable battery/power source help!

Post by SprintCAR97 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Hello,

Going on a camping trip next weekend where there will be no power source for 6 hours due to “quiet time” and have become overwhelmed on goggle with all of the options and what will and won’t work. Local supply store wasn’t helpful, “just go Google it”. Looking for others who’ve been in the same situation and what they used. I have been a Cpap user for over 10 years and can not even take a 10 minute nap without my machine. TIA!

CowFish

Re: Airsense 10 portable battery/power source help!

Post by CowFish » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Get a Jackery 300. You can plug your machine into the 110v standard outlet, and it will easily last 8 hours.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:52 pm

I don't have the one linked below, but one that is very similar. With the humidifier and heated hose turned off it will power my Dream Station 2 easily overnight. Very handy unit that has also served other duties when we had some power outages and I also use it to power a small acoustic guitar amplifier when at a location where I can't plug into an outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Portable ... C98&sr=8-6

SprintCAR97

Post by SprintCAR97 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:05 pm

CowFish wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:48 pm
Get a Jackery 300. You can plug your machine into the 110v standard outlet, and it will easily last 8 hours.
Thank you, will it power the humidifier and heated hose?

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:54 pm

SprintCAR97 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:05 pm
CowFish wrote:
I'm surprised no one else jumped in here.
SprintCAR97 wrote:will it power the humidifier and heated hose?
NO.

Turn the humidifier and heated hose OFF.
You can put water in the humidifier - just no heat + No heated hose - turn that OFF too.

Search this forum for more battery info.
I don't know the specs for what you linked here but I doubt you will find any single battery config that will last 8 hrs on 110V. And if you did you likely won't like the price or the weight.

If you are using any battery you will first need the correct DC cable to fit your cpap. Even then I would try it at home to make sure you have everything you need and sleep the nite with it so you know if it will indeed last the nite and then how much is left.

At all cost avoid using the 110 power supply when you are on battery.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:10 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:54 pm

we were waiting for you.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:28 pm

zonker wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:10 pm
SleepGeek wrote:

we were waiting for you.
I smelled the bait.

I'm sure you were a big help.
I like your humor but...
Your silence is your best help.
Last edited by SleepGeek on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:42 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:28 pm
I smelled the bait.

I'm sure you were a big help?
ouch! ya big bully. why you gotta treat me like that?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:16 am

SleepGeek wrote:
SprintCAR97 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:05 pm
CowFish wrote:
SprintCAR97 wrote:will it power the humidifier and heated hose?
NO.

Turn the humidifier and heated hose OFF.
You can put water in the humidifier - just no heat + No heated hose - turn that OFF too.

Search this forum for more battery info.
I don't know the specs for what you linked here but I doubt you will find any single battery config that will last 8 hrs on 110V. And if you did you likely won't like the price or the weight.

If you are using any battery you will first need the correct DC cable to fit your cpap. Even then I would try it at home to make sure you have everything you need and sleep the nite with it so you know if it will indeed last the nite and then how much is left.

At all cost avoid using the 110 power supply when you are on battery.
Don't mean to be piccune, but technically - Yes, that power station will power the CPAP with heated humidity and hose. Practically, - No, using a heated humidifier with heated hose will consume a lot more energy and you risk not making it through the night.

Iamstumped

Post by Iamstumped » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 am

I have the AS10 and AS11. I use the PO160UPS battery, that you can find on our sponsor CPAP.COM or at PORTABLEOUTLET.COM
In the past, I have used the FREEDOM battery found on CPAP.COM

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:39 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:16 am

Don't mean to be piccune, but technically - Yes, that power station will power the CPAP with heated humidity and hose. Practically, - No, using a heated humidifier with heated hose will consume a lot more energy and you risk not making it through the night.
Thank you sir for making me learn the word "picayune" (not picking on your spelling, am grateful to learn a new word).

Maybe I will call Resmed weekly and ask if they have invented the DC/DC adapter yet. Think it would help if they thought there was a high demand?

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:39 am

We have an RV. I use the dc adaptor. My husband put in a car plug port to his scooter batteries.(2 agm batteries hooked together) I've gotten 4 nights with humidity easily. Can probably get more just have't tested it yet. (I don't use a heated hose I'm in Az). I've heard horror stories of the Jackery only working for part of the night. I've never tried it but how do you fully re charge it the next day ? You would need to run the generator for quite a long time I imagine.

SprintCAR97

Post by SprintCAR97 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:06 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:39 am
We have an RV. I use the dc adaptor. My husband put in a car plug port to his scooter batteries.(2 agm batteries hooked together) I've gotten 4 nights with humidity easily. Can probably get more just have't tested it yet. (I don't use a heated hose I'm in Az). I've heard horror stories of the Jackery only working for part of the night. I've never tried it but how do you fully re charge it the next day ? You would need to run the generator for quite a long time I imagine.
Quiet time is only from 1 am to 6:30 am, so it can recharge for a good part of the day/night. Thanks

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:56 pm

SprintCAR97 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:06 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:39 am
Quiet time is only from 1 am to 6:30 am, so it can recharge for a good part of the day/night. Thanks
Oh thats good. I've heard horror stories of some rv places with only 2-4 hour windows to run generators. We use our rv to get away from people, generally lol so we usually don't have to worry about quiet times. Our tanks run out of room before we run out of power.

Going to vegas in another week or so tho to see daughter. We will be in a rv park with hookups for that one. Still a bit too hot to be without a/c.

SprintCAR97

Post by SprintCAR97 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:01 pm

Iamstumped wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 am
I have the AS10 and AS11. I use the PO160UPS battery, that you can find on our sponsor CPAP.COM or at PORTABLEOUTLET.COM
In the past, I have used the FREEDOM battery found on CPAP.COM
Thank you, sent a pm.