Philips Respironics Recall V2.0 Questions and Answers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jlfinkels

Re: Philips Respironics Recall V2.0 Questions and Answers

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 pm

I got the notification today (12 Sep 2022) from Philips that my machine is ready. They asked for my Doctor's contact info so they could call and get my settings to program before sending out. It is over a year since I submitted the online "paperwork".

It seems a mystical, magical process regarding how they prioritize things. I do not mean that as a slight against Philips as they had to deal with over 5M devices in 100 countries. It is a massive effort where one could nitpick many things, but it does not in the end help. I hope for others the pace picks up for them and they get their replacement machines ASAP.

Until then...

Last edited by Jlfinkels on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 pm
I got the notification today (12 Sep 2022) from Philips that my machine is ready.
yay!

eta: was the notification email or snail mail?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:17 pm

zonker wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 pm
Jlfinkels wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 pm
I got the notification today (12 Sep 2022) from Philips that my machine is ready.
yay!

eta: was the notification email or snail mail?
Email with a link to go to a Philips secure email server to create an account and enter my Doctors contact info.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:17 pm

Email with a link to go to a Philips secure email server to create an account and enter my Doctors contact info.
oh! guess i best go back to checking my email again.
:oops:
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

AEC

Post by AEC » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:41 am

I’m still waiting for any news about a replacement or repair of my Dreamstation Go travel machine. Has anyone gotten a repair or replacement of their Dreamstation Go?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:44 pm

Sad.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:36 pm

The great tainted Peanut Butter recall....... Filed claim in May 2022. Received email that promised coupons in July and that went by. Then promised mid-September. Don't have coupons for replacement peanut butter yet.
How hard is it to print and send coupons. Is Philips the parent company of Jif?
Has anyone received their Jif coupons. I would have preferred to just get reimbursed for the other brand I had to buy!! :lol: :lol:

Will a SoClean machine clean peanut butter off a CPAP mask? :mrgreen:

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:05 am

With the latest email instructions from Philips I updated their database by powering on the Dreamstation, pairing it with the DreamMapper app, and running the update process as explained. I then called Philips DreamMapper support (1-844-240-1649) to check on it and they verified the information regarding settings has been received. The settings will be used to program the replacement machines before sending them out.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:46 pm

Assuming they will require the same for my System One, I opened a Dreammapper account. Settings>Data Connection took me to a page where I could download DreamMapper Data Card Uploader. Couldn't get the Mac version to install, and resorted to using my Windows machine. The Windows version worked, but Dreammapper said the data was too old. I put the card in the machine, powered it up, took a few breathes, and turned it off. Seeing card activity, I tried again with the Upoader application. Now Dreammapper says "low usage," so I guess it worked. It wasn't at all obvious, so I thought I'd post the steps so others with old machines won't struggle as much as I.
AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.

stunnerman

Post by stunnerman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:13 pm

Hello,

Just checking in from Canada.... I registered mid/end of July 2021, and still have not received even an email from Phillips. I just wanted to see how others are making out. Any Canadians get theirs yet? I think if Canadians start seeing or hearing about actual deliveries here - we won't lose hope. I realize many people are in the same boat all over the world. I just haven't heard of many Canadians receiving their deliveries. I hope everyone who is expecting a replacement receives theirs right away!!

Thanks!

bueller555

Post by bueller555 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:38 am

I registered my CPAP machine with Philips in August 2021 and I got an email on Nov. 17 that my replacement unit is being shipped and should arrive this week. They sent a tracking number and I should have it this Wednesday. I assume that the Dreamstation 2 is being delivered, but I'll know in a few days.

rcs914

Post by rcs914 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:51 pm

Received my Dreamstation 2 about an hour ago. Considering Phillips initially told me it would ship by the end of January (when I got any information at all about a replacement) I'm pleasantly surprised.

One note - on setup basically all comfort options that are mentioned in the quick start guide are missing. FLEX is totally missing. RAMP+ and Humidity can be set when the device is on and blowing air, but those are missing under the comfort menu, as well as heated tube temperature. Not sure what this is about but it seems kind of petty and annoying.

The most annoying thing is that the Dreamstation 2 apparently doesn't have auto start/stop at all! This feature worked very poorly on the original Dreamstation compared to my Resmed S9 or my Devilbliss machine. Evidently Phillips has just deleted it completely, which just seems insane. *OH WAIT* I just read in the booklet "if your home care provider has enabled the Automatic On feature the device will automatically turn the airflow on when you put on your mask and breathe" :evil:

The fact that they have all these settings effectively disabled when they don't specifically have anything to do with your therapy seems like utter BS to me.

*update*

Ok I figured out how to get into the menu to change settings, which is insanely easy to do. However, there still doesn't seem to be any way even in the provider menu to turn on the "Automatic on/automatic off" feature. WTH?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:18 pm

rcs914 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:51 pm
Ok I figured out how to get into the menu to change settings, which is insanely easy to do. However, there still doesn't seem to be any way even in the provider menu to turn on the "Automatic on/automatic off" feature. WTH?
I have heard this complaint before and after a lot of cussing and discussing it appears that feature can only be accessed by the Care Orchestrator people. Whoever the heck they are...DME I suppose.

There's a thread here discussing this very feature....earlier this year I think.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:22 pm

rcs914 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:51 pm
*update*

Automatic on/off is still supported by the DreamStation 2, however it is no longer user settable, even in the provider settings.

It is only settable in Phillips Care Orchestrator cloud based software.

Another reason to boycott Philips and their crap products.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:22 pm

It is only settable in Phillips Care Orchestrator cloud based software.

what the absolute $@#&?

for the love of pete, WHY?
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac