Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
amenite

Re: Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

Post by amenite » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:44 am

Holocron wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:03 am
Looks like there is a fresh recall…

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-08-29/
Dutch medical device maker Philips (PHG.AS)said on Monday it has expanded an earlier recall of some respiratory machines to a total of 1,700 devices globally due to possible contamination of a plastic component with a non-compatible material.

The company's subsidiary, Philips Respironics, has not received any reports of patient harm due to the issue but announced the recall to prevent future occurrences, a Philips spokesperson said.
I was wondering why this guy was bouncing a week or two ago when I read about it. Related?

https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/news/ ... ssion.html

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:58 am

Last paragraph in the Reuter's story:

"Philips' market value has slumped by over two-thirds since last year's recall, leading the company to replace Frans van Houten with Roy Jakobs as chief executive officer in mid-October."

amenite

Post by amenite » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Bookbear wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:58 am

"Philips' market value has slumped by over two-thirds since last year's recall, leading the company to replace Frans van Houten with Roy Jakobs as chief executive officer in mid-October."
That, combined with yet another recall in the pipeline, I guess there was no other way it could have gone

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:45 pm

amenite wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:07 pm
Bookbear wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:58 am

That, combined with yet another recall in the pipeline, I guess there was no other way it could have gone
Yep....the buck has to stop somewhere at some point in time and replacing the CEO really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Captain howdy

Post by Captain howdy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:03 pm

I registered mine here in Australia. But it is going to take forever for them to even look at the paperwork. So i bought a Resmed. Way way better already. When i finally get a new one or refurbed model i'm hopefully going to sell it and get some of my money back. F.U. Philips
Rice, uh, raw fish and seaweed

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 pm

Captain howdy wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:03 pm
I registered mine here in Australia. But it is going to take forever for them to even look at the paperwork. So i bought a Resmed. Way way better already. When i finally get a new one or refurbed model i'm hopefully going to sell it and get some of my money back. F.U. Philips
When you get a chance you might want to update your equipment profile to show your ResMed machine.
Right now it is still showing the DreamStation.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Captain howdy

Post by Captain howdy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:30 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 pm
Captain howdy wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:03 pm
When you get a chance you might want to update your equipment profile to show your ResMed machine.
Right now it is still showing the DreamStation.
good spot. cheers
Rice, uh, raw fish and seaweed

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:56 am

tisket wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:43 am
They never did repair or replace my System 1. Last I heard from them was in January.
I had purchased my System one from Cpap.com a few months after the DS1 was released. Registered it for the recall when it started and like you have not received a replacement.
The January email was the last i received from Philips about it. Status showed a DME was assigned to me and i would received notice when the replacement shipped. It did say they hoped to have replacements complete by the End of 2022 but i'm not holding my breath. I have been using a Resmed Auto 10 but it keeps getting motor life exceeded messages every time now.

pswartz

Post by pswartz » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:23 am

We have three BiPap Auto 960P / System One 60 machines which were registered over a year ago. Finally, 2 of them have been matched and “assigned to a DME for fulfilment”. The problem is that other than my main machine, which I did get from a DME many years ago, the others were acquired “used” so I have no idea which DME they were matched to :( .

So, I called Apria, the one where I got my machine originally. They told me that they are NOT handling device recalls and further, not selling any Phillips machines.

I then called Phillips – not the Recall number, but one of the customer care numbers. They were actually very helpful, apologetic, and informative. They told me which DME’s my three machines were fulfilled through, and that the replacements would come from Phillips and not the DME’s (even though the status page says otherwise). They indicated that they are close to providing BiPap Auto replacements and that once shipped, the tracking numbers will be posted on the Status page. They said by end of year.

Two contacts for folks if they are interested: Phillips customer care 1-844-537-2403 and pcms.support@philips.com. Both phone and follow-up email were helpful.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Interesting - tonight I checked on the status of replacement - i submitted 3 serial numbers for system 1 paps - two are not matched to a DME, and one says that my DME will contact me when the replacement arrives- the DME I used to have is no longer my DME (Apria) - left them when I left Kaiser and moved to a state that didn't have Kaiser Permanente available . . .

Actually I had given my system ones to a friend who is using them, and I had hopes that I could give him the replacement devices when I receive them . . .

hmmm, I think it will take a miracle for me to receive the replacements . . .
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:23 am

beautifuldreamer wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 pm
Interesting - tonight I checked on the status of replacement - i submitted 3 serial numbers for system 1 paps - two are not matched to a DME, and one says that my DME will contact me when the replacement arrives- the DME I used to have is no longer my DME (Apria) - left them when I left Kaiser and moved to a state that didn't have Kaiser Permanente available . . .

Actually I had given my system ones to a friend who is using them, and I had hopes that I could give him the replacement devices when I receive them . . .

hmmm, I think it will take a miracle for me to receive the replacements . . .
Their ASV models have always come last even when releasing a new model line.
My own personal thoughts on people getting ASV replacements...if it shows up before the end of 2023 I would say go out and buy a Powerball ticket because luck is sure on your side.
They haven't begun to satisfy just the cpap/apap/reg bipap model needs yet.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:17 am

Unlike some unfortunate people my Philips is just my back up and camping machine, although I do use it a fair amount. I had bought a used Resmed Vauto several years ago through the forum for my nightly home machine. It's been 10 months waiting so far for me and I needed a machine so I was forced to buy something. I could have removed the foam myself but decided I would move on from Philips and bought a Breas Z2 Auto for my back up, camping and travel machine. Philips actually did me a favor because I also bought lithium batteries to run the Z2 in camp which cut my battery weight down a tremendous amount, a much nicer setup than what I was using. If they ever get around to fixing my System One I'll give it to a friend of mine that has no back up or camping machine. If they completely drop the ball then I'll have to remove foam for him.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:32 pm

I suspect, like me, a lot of people have replaced their Phillips machines with a different brand. Why don't they offer a refund, or at least a partial refund, instead. They would get out from behind the backlog and people would be better satisfied. They could prorate the refund based on age of the original machine. As long as it at least covers my copay for my ResMed machine I would be happy.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:51 pm

mummmz wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:32 pm
I suspect, like me, a lot of people have replaced their Phillips machines with a different brand. Why don't they offer a refund, or at least a partial refund, instead. They would get out from behind the backlog and people would be better satisfied. They could prorate the refund based on age of the original machine. As long as it at least covers my copay for my ResMed machine I would be happy.
Because the still have an obligation to be profitable or at least minimize losses.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:01 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:51 pm
Because the still have an obligation to be profitable or at least minimize losses.
Before they go bankrupt? Yes, I suppose they do.