Where can I sell my un-used CPAP machine in Canada?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
samurai3005

Where can I sell my un-used CPAP machine in Canada?

Post by samurai3005 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:49 am

Sorry if this post is not appropriate but I cannot find the specific sub-thread for this topic.

I have an un-used Airsense 11 that was bought in Canada. To the best of my knowledge, currently all the CPAP sites that buy used machines are all US-based and they cannot buy Canadian machines due to issues related to region modems, hence, my question on the topic subject.

Julie

Re: Where can I sell my un-used CPAP machine in Canada?

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:43 am

Wish I knew what you've been told by whom - what do you mean by 'region modems'?

And an unused machine would be 'new', no? Or has it been sitting unused for a long time for some reason?

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 am

samurai3005 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:49 am
Sorry if this post is not appropriate but I cannot find the specific sub-thread for this topic.

I have an un-used Airsense 11 that was bought in Canada. To the best of my knowledge, currently all the CPAP sites that buy used machines are all US-based and they cannot buy Canadian machines due to issues related to region modems, hence, my question on the topic subject.
Assuming that you or somebody else in your household uses a CPAP machine, it would be sensible to have a spare machine on hand. In my case, my old machine (an HC-231 from 2006) is my backup machine. It came in handy when the replacement machine (Everest 3) broke. Then it came in handy again in 2021 when my Dream Station 1 was recalled.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 am

samurai3005 wrote:

Where are you and the machine located? Is the machine an AutoSet?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm

As you may have guessed, person to person sales are not strictly verboten,
however, many, in good conscience will urge one to not abandon treatment,
if that is intended.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:54 pm

You can advertise it here, ensure your take pics, including run hours, details and price (including shipping, cad or usd). Be aware that if your listing has any red flags, or the price is is not reasonable, members will comment. Our obligation is to novices and not you.

Look up member LSAT, he routinely sells devices and has an impeccable reputation. He has set the bar for reputation, quality and prices. Like it or not people will hold you to similar standards on prices, and you simply don't have the same reputation as he has.

Also consider online buy and sell sites. I have bought and sold a few machines on FB MarketPlace and kijiji. Both sites do not allow complete CPAP machines to be sold, but a lot slip by. I've had listing taken down and others stay up. It's hit or mist. Include pics, details and run hours.

samurai3005

Post by samurai3005 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Thank you everyone for the responsiveness!
Julie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:43 am
Wish I knew what you've been told by whom - what do you mean by 'region modems'?

And an unused machine would be 'new', no? Or has it been sitting unused for a long time for some reason?
CPAPLiquidators told me they only accept device purchased in the U.S and "The machine modems are different, so the connectivity features would not be available."

Yes. The machine is new and unused. It's only been sitting for 2 months. I've only gotten around to sell it now that I've got some time off on my hands.
D.H. wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 am
samurai3005 wrote:

Assuming that you or somebody else in your household uses a CPAP machine, it would be sensible to have a spare machine on hand. In my case, my old machine (an HC-231 from 2006) is my backup machine. It came in handy when the replacement machine (Everest 3) broke. Then it came in handy again in 2021 when my Dream Station 1 was recalled.
Thanks for the considerate advice! Unfortunately the device was no longer needed. Sorry I couldn't tell you more about my situation.
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 am
samurai3005 wrote:

Where are you and the machine located? Is the machine an AutoSet?
I am in Vietnam. And yes, the machine is an Airsense 11 Autoset by ResMed. Feel free to see the pictures.
https://imgur.com/a/XbYUfVO
Despite my location, I can guarantee shipment to the U.S/Canada and cover for all the cost related to shipment.
chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm
As you may have guessed, person to person sales are not strictly verboten,
however, many, in good conscience will urge one to not abandon treatment,
if that is intended.
I understand your concern. Thank you! However, I can assure you this is not a case of treatment abandonment, regretfully.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:54 pm
You can advertise it here, ensure your take pics, including run hours, details and price (including shipping, cad or usd). Be aware that if your listing has any red flags, or the price is is not reasonable, members will comment. Our obligation is to novices and not you.

Look up member LSAT, he routinely sells devices and has an impeccable reputation. He has set the bar for reputation, quality and prices. Like it or not people will hold you to similar standards on prices, and you simply don't have the same reputation as he has.

Also consider online buy and sell sites. I have bought and sold a few machines on FB MarketPlace and kijiji. Both sites do not allow complete CPAP machines to be sold, but a lot slip by. I've had listing taken down and others stay up. It's hit or mist. Include pics, details and run hours.
Thank you for the advice. I'm from Vietnam and my friend gave me the machine when he came back from Canada without knowing that I no longer needed it, for reasons I cannot tell him. And you are absolutely spot on. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to trading CPAP machines (I'm just an owner that no longer needs the machine so I'm not even sure about which is a good starting sell price), which is why I'm looking for hassle-free sites that buy CPAP like 1800cpap or secondwindcpap (those 2 refused me already. One said they are not looking for the Airsense 11, and another went radio silent after saying they are waiting for the CFO approval of buying overseas machines).

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:19 am

Why do you think you no longer need the machine - were you re-tested?

Apnea doesn't get 'cured' any more than your eyes are cured by wearing glasses... you continue to need glasses unless something unusual happens.

latskogkatt

Post by latskogkatt » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:03 am

Why do you think you no longer need the machine - were you re-tested?
This may be a total misread on my part, but from what OP has said, I'd guess the machine was for someone else in their life, who, for whatever reason, is no longer a part of it.

Jerleemax

Post by Jerleemax » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:55 pm

I need to sell a brand new cpap as well I got tired of waiting for the insurance to come through so bought one myself. Then I recieved one two weeks later :(. Never been used reeked airsense 11. Not sure where to sell it.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:51 pm

I would recommend you keep it as a back up. Since my wife and I both use the same model machines, we own four of hem so we each have a spare in case something happens to our machine.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.