What if Optimizing Pressures Doesn't Fix Sleep?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rubicon

Re: What if Optimizing Pressures Doesn't Fix Sleep?

Post by Rubicon » Fri May 13, 2022 3:52 am

So ptemperature's in?
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri May 13, 2022 5:19 am

Rubicon wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:52 am
So ptemperature's in?
'Perature is already a subpoint of "Pain."

But Pizza-timing is in.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri May 13, 2022 8:57 pm

Thanks for posting all that lazarus. That is going to be very helpful for a lot of people. I'm one of the unfortunate few that have optimized pressures and been through your entire list of things several times over the years. Addressing all of those things has not resolved my very broken sleep so still feeling pretty terrible most days though the years. I'm hoping someone can post the list of things to try for phase two when none of that stuff works. :)

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat May 14, 2022 1:06 pm

Rob K wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:57 pm
. . . phase two when none of that stuff works.
Maybe reading Dr. Krakow's book, Sound Sleep Sound Mind? It has done wonders for some friends of mine, so they say.

Phase three might be seeing one of those superstar sleep docs, such as Dr. K, who specialize in those who have not found success with phases one and two.

Not whole-heartedly endorsing. Just passing on what I've heard others say.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sat May 14, 2022 7:11 pm

I'll take a look at that book. Another book I have is called No More Sleepless Nights by Peter Hauri PH-D from Mayo Clinic. I've also taken sleep classes at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. My second sleep doc was at Mayo but he didn't take the time to really help figure out what was going on. He just rehashed what my first doctor did and sent me on my way. After that I spent a some time trying to figure things out on my own and gained a lot of insight. My third and current doctor won't admit that he doesn't know what is going on. He seems to be avoiding me, won't say he can't figure it out, won't refer me to someone else, so I guess I have to move on to a new doc at this point. It's hard to find a doctor that can think independently and take the time to study the details. Seems like most of them just want to do a sleep study and put you on a machine and send you on your way. If anything else needs to be addressed then medication must be the answer. I know a lot about what is going on in my sleep but don't know what is causing it. I'm really at a loss as to what to do next. Find another doctor I guess.