Transcend 365 settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
davidk74

Transcend 365 settings

Post by davidk74 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:40 am

Hello,
My name is David and am new to the forum. I suspect I have had OSA for a long time but recently decided to do a sleep study where I registered an AHI of 60. While I am waiting for Kaiser to provide a device I have purchased a Transcend 365 device for travel. I am on about day 5 and am running into some issues. Twice now the device has ramped up to a pressure of 17 and sounds like a jet engine. The noise and pressure wakes me up. This is fine but the issue I am having is it stays at that higher pressure even after waking and breathing fine. Is there a way to have the device drop the pressure sooner or manually reset to a lower level? I can turn it off and back on but that screws up the compliance data. I did RTFM but cannot find any mention.

Great forum! It has been really helpful.

Pugsy

Re: Transcend 365 settings

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Any compliance usage requirements aren't going to be harmed by just turning off the machine and then restarting it.

Compliance requirements normally are 4 hours or more within a 24 hour period. The hours don't have to be consecutive at all. You could do it in 4 one hour sessions or 8 30 minute sessions...as long as it adds up to at least 4 within 24 hours that is enough.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

davidk74

Post by davidk74 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. Turing it on and off works for me. Kaiser is not looking at this device anyhoo since I purchased it out right.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 09, 2022 2:01 pm

The advice will work on whatever machine Kaiser ends up getting you as well.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.