Shzond Water Distiller

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Donnasnorer

Shzond Water Distiller

Post by Donnasnorer » Mon May 02, 2022 9:14 pm

Several months ago I bought a Schzond water distiller when confronted with a shortage of distilled water. It has worked well until yesterday, when after it completed its cycle and had emptied all the water into its jug, it "seized up" and I could not get it open to clean it. It seemed like there was a vacuum created within the unit. Finally my husband was able to pry it apart with a screwdriver. We e-mailed the "contact information" about this problem, and promptly got a very courteous response "sorry you are having problems, suggest you contact the manufacturer, have a nice day." I think the response came from Japan, but I have no idea who the manufacturer might be. We got the unit from Amazon. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it? If you are familiar with a pressure cooker, it is like trying to open it before it has vented all the steam out.

palerider

Re: Shzond Water Distiller

Post by palerider » Mon May 02, 2022 9:40 pm

Did you try waiting for a while?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 03, 2022 7:48 am

It is possible that calcium has built up on the seal.
This is another reason why CLEANING is important.

Donnasnorer

Post by Donnasnorer » Mon May 09, 2022 8:33 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:48 am
It is possible that calcium has built up on the seal.
This is another reason why CLEANING is important.
Yes, I think you are right. It was sorely in need of cleaning. Today we were successful in getting it to produce several gallons, and to get it back open again. I cleaned it up with lemon juice this time. I hadn't been on this site for a long time and am glad to see you are still posting! Keep the faith!