Most comfortable full face mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rob K

Most comfortable full face mask?

Post by Rob K » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:34 pm

I've been using nasal cushions and nasal pillow masks for many years. I still need a full face mask for back up when I'm congested. Everything I own and I've tried in the past are terrible and did not work well at all for me. None fit my face very well and ended up leaking a lot. I move a ton in my sleep which causes leaks. I also would get a lot of leaks from lower jaw movement. I'm not able to wear what I have since they torture the hell out of me so I need to try something new. It's been several years since I purchased a full face mask so was hoping I could get some help narrowing down the options.

Which full face masks are the most comfortable? Which masks are most versatile and have worked well for a lot of people? I also would be glad to hear about the masks that worked best for you personally and why. Something minimalist would be ideal.

Rob K

Re: Most comfortable full face mask?

Post by Rob K » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Anyone have experience with the Resmed F30 vs F30i ?

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Was reading and old thread and it sounds like the Resmeds are more comfortable and have worked better for people than Dreamwear.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:54 pm

I have used FF masks for all of my 14 CPAP years and have found that masks with the forehead support are the most stable and have the fewest leaks. I like the F&P masks....Simplus or Vitera.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:21 pm

It kind of depends if you want a FFM that covers your nose or a hybrid type that sits under your nose. Of course everyone is different but I have the F&P Vitera and it is comfortable but I started wearing the Dreamwear FFM and it is comfortable too. Then I picked up a F&P Evora Full and I think it is even more comfortable than the Dreamwear. However, you could only get the Evora Full from Australia at the time I got mine but I believe it has just recently become available online in the US.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:02 pm

In 12 years, I have discovered that a squirt of Mucinex in each nostril,
along with a breathe right strip, allows me to continue
using my nasal pillow mask--no matter what!

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:06 pm

I'm sort of leaning toward one that does not go over my nose. My thoughts are the under the nose type may work better for me. That was one of the problematic areas in the past with all the masks that I tried. I have a small size nose with a narrow bridge and would get a lot of leaks along the sides of my nose. I would have to crank the head gear down pretty tight which was not comfortable and it left marks.

edam

Post by edam » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:03 am

LSAT wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:54 pm
I have used FF masks for all of my 14 CPAP years and have found that masks with the forehead support are the most stable and have the fewest leaks. I like the F&P masks....Simplus or Vitera.
I use the F &P Vitera mask but with Simplus headgear which works well

KEEPER4560

Post by KEEPER4560 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:40 am

I recently switched from a nasal cushion to the ResMed AirFit F20, which has been pretty comfortable to me.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:25 pm

I also have a narrow nose bridge. I have tried several different full face masks, and keep coming back to my ResMed Air Sense F20 mask.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:07 pm

How does the F20 compare to the older F10? The F10 is what I struggled with starting out on cpap, before I learned about nasal masks.

Cujo

Post by Cujo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:24 pm

Rob K wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm
Was reading and old thread and it sounds like the Resmeds are more comfortable and have worked better for people than Dreamwear.
I switched from the Dreamwear to the F30i. I run relatively high (15-20) pressures and was getting leaks with the Dreamwear. My Doc suggested the F30i and I haven’t looked back since! Normal full face masks would leave a sore on the bridge of my nose. . . I do have to cinch the F30i relatively tight and use that in combo with a chin strap to keep my mouth somewhat closed while I’m sleeping. The chin strap was a game changer for me. It is still fairly comfortable and what I really like is that the hose connects to the top of my head. It stays completely out of my way. That’s just my .02 and I do realize that everybody’s fit and sleeping position will be different.

Good luck with everything! :D

tbeb

Post by tbeb » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:50 pm

I'm using a Phillips Dreamwear full face mask and a Pad A Cheek mask liner. My pressure is normally 11.5. For me the mask liner has reduced leaks.
Phillips Dreamstation with Humidifier, Phillips Dreamwear Full Face Mask

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun May 01, 2022 7:19 pm

Thanks for responses everyone. I have other threads going and busy with a lot of things in life so the full face mask search is going real slow.

iPuck

Post by iPuck » Tue May 03, 2022 6:10 am

I just bought the Dreamweaver Full face. I was going to purchase the ResMed F30i but I only fit the SW cushion and that's an additional cost, which annoys me they are almost price gouging.

I read so many reviews and seems like these 2 are the most comfortable and have all the latest innovations; tube on top; cushion under the nose, etc.