Did I lose all my SD Card data? Need OSCAR help.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gator5000e

Did I lose all my SD Card data? Need OSCAR help.

Post by Gator5000e » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 pm

So I did something stupid. I had a machine out for a repair and used another machine while it was out. Both were ResMed Air Sense 10s. The one machine was out to repair for quite a while. After the repaired machine came back, I didn't switch back to it for quite a long time, at least 5 or so months. Last night I finally made the switch to the repaired machine.

So I pulled the SD card from the substitute machine I had been using since the first unit went out for repair. When I put the SD card in the repaired machine, the screen read you are using an SD card from another machine. I didn't see anything about overwriting or erasing data. I pushed okay and the moment I did I knew I screwed up. BTW, the message should really say that if you continue you will overwrite and erase all data. Even though I should know better.

Anyway, I used Oscar today for the first time in quite a while. I probably hadn't used it since July. Of course I started Oscar and got the notice the upgrade was available and I updated to 1.30. I opened Oscar 1.30 and it converted the previous data in the program to the new version. Then I inserted the SD card from last night and imported the data from the SD card. After it finished I was only able to see last night's data. No other dates were available.

So did I just lose all that data? If so, is there anything I can do to get it back from somewhere?

If I put a new SD card in the substitute machine that i was using from the date the first machine went out for repair until last night, will that machine load all the data for the time I had been using it onto the new SD card?

And if the answer is yes, can I combine the data from the two cards onto one card via my computer?

Does this make any sense?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Pugsy

Re: Did I lose all my SD Card data?

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm

Gator5000e wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 pm
If I put a new SD card in the substitute machine that i was using from the date the first machine went out for repair until last night, will that machine load all the data for the time I had been using it onto the new SD card?
You won't get the detailed graphs or data because those detailed files go directly to the SD card.
You will get summary data though because that is all that is stored on the machine's internal storage memory.

Your other questions are beyond my computer skills but the OSCAR gurus might be able to help depending on how often you download from the loaner machine as well as your older data.
I am going to change your subject topic line to include OSCAR to get their attention.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Did I lose all my SD Card data? Need OSCAR help.

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 pm

Gator5000e wrote:
So did I just lose all that data? If so, is there anything I can do to get it back from somewhere?
Just curious as to why you think you need it?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 pm
Gator5000e wrote:
Just curious as to why you think you need it?
I was just going to ask the same question. Aside from looking back a week or two I have never gone back to look at the many years of data on my card or on Oscar.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:26 pm

LSAT wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm
I was just going to ask the same question.
That would make twice that you asked him. :wink: https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1388800

Gator5000e

Post by Gator5000e » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:52 am

Well, the SD card is what I bring in to my doctor when he wants to check on how I am doing. If I lost all that data he wouldn't be able to see the history other than data from the other night forward. Not that he understands any of it anyway. They use a program which prints out a very basic profile of the sleep history.....nothing like Oscar. And he certainly doesn't analyze the data like we can do with Oscar. But I also like to see how I have been doing over the course of time as the info you get in the myAir app is extremely limited and not overly accurate. But I guess what is done is done.

Thanks for the thoughts.

killa0039

Post by killa0039 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 pm

So wait...doctors are still able to read SD cards? I was told last year that nobody used those anymore...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 pm

killa0039 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 pm
So wait...doctors are still able to read SD cards? I was told last year that nobody used those anymore...

Sure they CAN but they opt to take the lazy way out and not. The ability to use the cards is still there but it is much less work to just log into the cloud.
So able??? Yes. But they simply choose not to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm

Depends on the doctor. The sleep clinic we use still checks the data on the cards. They have us bring in our machines to be checked every six months.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.