What type of mask should I buy in the CPAP machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
arthurbrewer

What type of mask should I buy in the CPAP machine?

Post by arthurbrewer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:32 am

How to Properly Care for Your Finished Sewing Projects

Taking care of your sewing projects is essential to maintain their longevity. Handling fabrics carefully is necessary for making children's crafts, home decor, gifts, or clothing. You can ensure that your masterpieces last for years in top shape by adhering to these simple instructions.

This is post-sewing care, but how can one ensure the sewing project turns out strong, sturdy, and perfect before sewing? Using good-quality sewing tools and fabric can profoundly impact the final result. Visit CraftsSelection.com and learn about the best craft products to create impeccable sewing projects. With thorough product reviews and machine side-by-side comparisons, you can quickly determine which sewing machine is best for your needs and budget.

✫✫✫ Find More Info: Image Top Sewing Machines and Crafts Supplies CraftsSelection.com

Caring for Your Sewing Projects in 5 Easy Steps

Washing and Drying

Washing and drying, as directed on the care label, is the most essential step in maintaining your sewing project. This may seem obvious, but even if you believe you know how to care for the cloth, the care label may contain detailed directions that you must follow. For instance, you can machine-wash some fabrics, while others should only be hand-washed. Some fabrics should be line-dried, while others can be tumble-dried at a low temperature. When in doubt about how to care for a particular fabric, it's preferable to wash and line-dry it.

Ironing

Use a cool iron to iron your sewing projects. A hot iron can harm the cloth and the stitches. You can also use a press cloth to protect a delicate fabric from the iron heat.

Storing

Make sure to keep your sewing projects dry and cool when storing them. This will lessen their chances of fading, shrinking, or becoming mothballed. You can keep your sewing project in a cedar chest, a plastic bucket, or a garment bag.

✸✸✸ Check This Out: Image CraftsSelection Best Sewing and Craft Product Reviews

Spot Cleaning

If something spills on your project, clean the area right away. By doing this, you can stop the stain from setting.

To clean the stain, blot it with a clean cloth dampened with water. A mild detergent can also help remove it.

Taking to the Dry Cleaner

It is recommended to take your project to dry cleaning if it is made of fragile fabric or has been stained. The dry cleaner has the tools and know-how to handle your project without causing damage.

Conclusion

Enjoy the fruits of your sewing efforts, ensuring your finished products will be valued and vibrant for years. Maintaining your sewing projects not only shows your love and care for them, but it also shows how much effort you put into each stitch.

☞☞☞ See It Here: Image Top Craft Product Reviews CraftsSelection

Take advantage of exploring the top product reviews available on CraftsSelection.com. Our website offers well-researched product buying guides, comprehensive evaluations, and a curated selection of best quality products to simplify and enhance your sewing experience. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced sewist, Crafts Selection will make your sewing journey smooth and enjoyable.
Last edited by arthurbrewer on Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sheriff Buford

Re: What type of mask should I buy in the CPAP machine?

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 am

Be prepared for people coming outta the woodwork singing high praises for their mask. Everyone should love their mask. But what I like may not be good for you. The search for a suitable mask is often a long, tedious journey. A "nose" mask is less cumbersome, but for good therapy, you must be able to keep your mouth closed all night and only breath through your nose. If you are a mouth breather, a full face mask will allow you to breathe through your nose and/or mouth. Once you answer these questions, you can know what type of mask your grandfather will need. Then the journey begins. We can and will help you.

Sheriff

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Also note that many of us developed "mouth breathing" because of our apnea.
After using cpap for a while, I open my mouth less--usually to slobber on my pillowcase.
I now use nasal pillows because pressure on top of my nose causes congestion.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:37 pm

arthurbrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:32 am
My grandfather is also old this year. His breathing is very poor. So I want to buy you a CPAP machine. But I don't know whether to buy a nose-mouth mask, a nose mask, or a cannula type. Can anyone who has experience with it give me an opinion?
-------------------->
How to Choose an Initial CPAP Mask for Newbies

1. If you had a sleep lab titration and liked the mask that was used, and that mask was recommended by your medical team, then go for it.

2. If not 1., then did your medical team recommend a nasal mask or a full face mask (FFM)? For many people, nasal masks are easier to use assuming they don't mouthbreathe, leak air out the mouth or get air inflating the cheeks while using CPAP during sleep. If you have any of these problems, you may need to use a FFM. (Despite what you may see in the forum, there are many of us that find FFMs are easy to use, do not leak and are not uncomfortable.)

3. Once you have decided whether you need to start with a nasal mask or a FFM mask, begin looking at the mask descriptions and images at https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks.php . This is the website of this forum's host.

4. For a newbie, you should select a popular mask that gets high rankings from the reviews. Some people in this forum get excellent usage out of masks that are not popular and do not get good reviews. They might rave about the mask to you. But for a newbie, you want to start with a popular mask with high rankings. After you get some experience, you can experiment with masks that pique your fancy but are not so popular.

5. Once you have a category (nasal or FFM) of masks selected, you can go to that category on CPAP dot com's web page and sort by Biggest Sellers and then by Rating. You can check the ratings and read reviews.

6. When you receive your mask and machine, you should watch the mask manufacturer's videos (On CPAP.com's web page or on youtube.com) for instructions on use and adjustments.

7. If you have any problems using the mask, please start a new thread here and ask for help.

8. It's not unusual to try different masks before settling on one that works well for you. If you find yourself buying a fourth or fifth different mask, the problem may be with the way you are trying to use the masks, instead of the mask itself. Please get help from the experienced forum members.

- ChicagoGranny

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 am
Be prepared for people coming outta the woodwork singing high praises for their mask.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True.

Ray4852

Post by Ray4852 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 pm

I'm new with cpap therapy, 9 weeks. I learned by watching YouTube videos first. got opinions and reviews about different mask. went to stores and looked over the mask I wanted to dry. the mask I use now the F30i. what I like about this mask. the hose connects from the top of my head. I have a hook on the wall above my head to help keep the hose away from me while I sleep. I looked at the F30 mask. this mask the hose connects from the front of mask. if you move around. the hose will be a problem. F30i. I can sleep on any side I want. this mask is good for mouth breather. I'm going to stay with this mask. everybody is different. some like the nasal mask. its looks like a good one. but I breath a lot from my mouth. do your home work first. the mask will make or brake you. none of these mask are perfect.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm

I thought everybody know this, but that does not seem to be the case.

With a few oddball exceptions, any mask can be used with any machine.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:48 pm

D.H. wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm
by D.H
Acquired reading impairment is sometimes called alexia.

JPB