Oracle 452

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lovedby2

Oracle 452

Post by Lovedby2 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Hello! I need to change my F20 full face mask because my nose is wrecked from a full face mask. I have irritation and permanent marks from the mask. I was thinking of the Oracle 452. Anyone out there using this? If so, can you tell me your experience? Thanks!

ChicagoGranny

Re: Oracle 452

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:49 am

Lovedby2 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 pm
I was thinking of the Oracle 452. Anyone out there using this?
There is one person here who has used it for a few years. "One" should tell you how very unpopular this mask is. It forces you to breathe through your mouth all night. You have to use something to close your nostrils to prevent pressure from leaking out. Nasal breathing is healthy. Mouth breathing is not.
Lovedby2 wrote:
I need to change my F20 full face mask because my nose is wrecked from a full face mask.
You have the mask fitted and/or adjusted improperly. Watch some youtube videos of fitting and adjusting this mask. There are also some things that can protect the bridge of the nose while using this mask. Some members should come along with tips. You can edit your post and change the title to something like F20 FFM Damaging Nose. This will help get the attention of F20 users.

Also, there are newer masks that don't touch the bridge of your nose. You can view photos, specs, ratings and reviews of various models at the forum sponsor's page cpap.com.

It's better to get a FFM working well before chasing that Oracle.

roadcycler

Post by roadcycler » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 am

Have you looked at the resmed f30. It is a modified full face mask in that it covers your mouth but fits under you nose.

amenite

Post by amenite » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Lovedby2 wrote:
Hello! I need to change my F20 full face mask because my nose is wrecked from a full face mask. I have irritation and permanent marks from the mask. I was thinking of the Oracle 452. Anyone out there using this? If so, can you tell me your experience? Thanks!
I've been using it for about a year. The nose plugs they give you with it never worked well for me so I wind up using 3M micropore tape to seal off the nostrils which generally seems to work OK. IIRC they mention you can train yourself to close off your sinuses, but that never worked for me maybe due to my pressure (14-16cm), YMMV. Leak rate is very low for me with this mask. Dry mouth is moderate/tolerable when using humidifier. I don't see any return insurance on this on CPAP.com but it's not super expensive. May be worth a try.

BTW there is more than one user of this thing lurking about the forum:
https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t183 ... oblem.html

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:09 pm

amenite wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm
Lovedby2 wrote:
I've been using it for about a year. The nose plugs they give you with it never worked well for me so I wind up using 3M micropore tape to seal off the nostrils which generally seems to work OK. IIRC they mention you can train yourself to close off your sinuses, but that never worked for me maybe due to my pressure (14-16cm), YMMV. Leak rate is very low for me with this mask. Dry mouth is moderate/tolerable when using humidifier. I don't see any return insurance on this on CPAP.com but it's not super expensive. May be worth a try.

BTW there is more than one user of this thing lurking about the forum:
https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t183 ... oblem.html

Actually there isn't any return insurance cost because a while back cpap.com made all their masks essentially no return insurance and they all have a free 30 day return policy thing..
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -cpap-mask
Need to read the fine print and the 30 days means from time it gets shipped to a person until cpap.com gets it back...but it can be returned and a refund issued.
So probably actual 3 weeks or so depending on how quickly a person gets the mask and they ship back to cpap.com.
So the purchased return insurance was done away with and replaced with all masks come with a 30 day return policy.

Right now there is a 20% off promo code for a pre Black Friday sale.
Promo.....PREBF21
Excludes machines.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

amenite

Post by amenite » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Nice, it's been so long since I ordered one I was expecting to see the insurance option. I think last time I bought 3 of these, still working through my stash.