Philips Dreamstation 2 need help (asap)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
s7unned

Re: Philips Dreamstation 2 need help (asap)

Post by s7unned » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:09 am

GrumpyHere wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 am
s7unned wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm
How to turn off this feature?
Link to a copy of Provider Guide/Clinical Guide

https://www.mediquip.co.il/wp-content/u ... ovider.pdf

Page 1 How to Access Provider Menu

Page 7 Device Settings Menu

Turn off Automatic On

Turn off Automatic Off
ty for answer but this is from previous model DS1. We have Dreamstation 2

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:35 am

s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:24 am
So there is no option to change that? What if i restore device to factory default? What should i do? Were literally life depend on that assuming we can't change cpap or buy new model
I have looked at the provider manual......factory default is for Auto On to be enabled or on....so restoring to factory default won't fix your problem.

Are you sure you were actually in the provider setup menu area and still couldn't find a way to disable Auto On?

Did you do this?
DS2enterprovider.PNG

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

s7unned

Post by s7unned » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:37 am

Yes we did, there is no such feature in this menu, unfortunately :(

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:48 am

s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:37 am
Yes we did, there is no such feature in this menu, unfortunately :(
Sigh....Another reason to no longer recommend the Respironics machines.
That is a feature that should be EASILY controlled by the PATIENT and Respironics has made it difficult to manage by putting it under the control of DMEs and their proprietary software assuming equipment suppliers will do what is in the best interest of the patients and it simply isn't going to happen.

First they encrypt the SD card files to lock us out and now this.

Sad to say but it looks like you are at the mercy of your equipment supplier to make the change via the proprietary software or figure out a way to get a different machine like a ResMed S9 or AirSense 10 model which have SmartStart (Resmed's version of Auto On/Off) which is easily accessed by the patient.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm

s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:58 am
Because we need to ensure constant flow for oxygen supply, but it just stops when mask is slightly moved, which easily could happen while sleep. We also cannot let this happen, coz when it suddenly stops, oxygen will fly directly into machine which is dangerous. We did order a pressure valve to fix that, but it will arrive not soon in our country.
No, it won't work the way you think it will. It takes Respironics machines at least a minute to shut down after the mask is *completely off*, not "slightly moved".
Oxygen getting into the machine is not optimal, however you can bleed the oxygen into the hose after an antibacterial filter, so most, if not all of the oxygen will vent through the mask even with the machine off.
s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:58 am
So my question is how can i get into care orchestrator?
You can't.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

s7unned

Post by s7unned » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:39 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm
No, it won't work the way you think it will. It takes Respironics machines at least a minute to shut down after the mask is *completely off*, not "slightly moved".
Oxygen getting into the machine is not optimal, however you can bleed the oxygen into the hose after an antibacterial filter, so most, if not all of the oxygen will vent through the mask even with the machine off.
My provider told me same aftem my complain. I admit that there's possibility of wrong setup and use of machine (im not the person who use it, its relatives in other part of country. But anyway its very frustrating that there's no chance to change that setting.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 pm

From the DreamStation 2 Provider FAQ....

https://www.apria.com/wp-content/upload ... _03-21.pdf

Pretty much crippled the machine for necessary and useful user settings.

auto on off.jpg
auto on off.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 749 times

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:07 pm

s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:39 pm
palerider wrote:
My provider told me same aftem my complain. I admit that there's possibility of wrong setup and use of machine (im not the person who use it, its relatives in other part of country. But anyway its very frustrating that there's no chance to change that setting.
Resmed devices will shut off within a few seconds of taking the mask *off*, but they won't shut off if the machine thinks that the mask is still on, just having a really hug leak.

Respironics machines have always been *very* slow to shut off, even with the mask laying on the floor, blowing for over a minute before they finally stop.

I don't know that the nightmarestation2 is like that, but I have no reason to believe that they've improved it's abilities.

I think you're worried for nothing.

my late brother had supplemental oxygen on his CPAP for several years, and would often forget, or neglect, to turn off the oxygen concentrator for some time after he'd gotten up and taken the machine off, while it worried me, there was, fortunately, never any problem because of that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

KrisCrossed

Post by KrisCrossed » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Not sure if this will help as all my limited experience is based on being in the US, but if you're out of options...the Philips Patient Support Team can talk to the Care Orchestrator Team. I have gotten their help over an issue with my Dreamstation 2 because I bought the unit from a supplier that does not use Care Orchestrator. Have the serial number of the unit in your email or available for the phone call to identify it.

I'm wondering if your unit calls out daily to send data. If it calls out, I'm thinking it can receive instructions, too.The status code of 0-3 means a successful call and you can check if this is happening under the Patient menu by tapping 'Settings' then scrolling the menu til you get to 'Modem call'. Tap 'Modem call' for more details. Best of luck in getting this fixed.

Philips PCMS Patient Support Team
Sleep and Respiratory Care
PAR

Philips Respironics
Pittsburgh, PA 15239
Tel: 800.345.6443
Email: pcms.support@philips.com

Team Hours: 12 PM- 5:00 PM EST
Airsense 11 Autoset
AirTouch F20 Full Face Mask
Northern California

s7unned

Post by s7unned » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 am

KrisCrossed wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:34 pm
Not sure if this will help as all my limited experience is based on being in the US, but if you're out of options...the Philips Patient Support Team can talk to the Care Orchestrator Team. I have gotten their help over an issue with my Dreamstation 2 because I bought the unit from a supplier that does not use Care Orchestrator. Have the serial number of the unit in your email or available for the phone call to identify it.

I'm wondering if your unit calls out daily to send data. If it calls out, I'm thinking it can receive instructions, too.The status code of 0-3 means a successful call and you can check if this is happening under the Patient menu by tapping 'Settings' then scrolling the menu til you get to 'Modem call'. Tap 'Modem call' for more details. Best of luck in getting this fixed.

Philips PCMS Patient Support Team
Sleep and Respiratory Care
PAR

Philips Respironics
Pittsburgh, PA 15239
Tel: 800.345.6443
Email: pcms.support@philips.com

Team Hours: 12 PM- 5:00 PM EST
Thank you! We pretty much gave up on this machine, we did buy resmed 10 yesterday. Also i dont think we can reach Philips support from Ukraine, but i will save this info just in case, thx.

s7unned

Post by s7unned » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:18 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:07 pm
Resmed devices will shut off within a few seconds of taking the mask *off*, but they won't shut off if the machine thinks that the mask is still on, just having a really hug leak.

Respironics machines have always been *very* slow to shut off, even with the mask laying on the floor, blowing for over a minute before they finally stop.

I don't know that the nightmarestation2 is like that, but I have no reason to believe that they've improved it's abilities.

I think you're worried for nothing.

my late brother had supplemental oxygen on his CPAP for several years, and would often forget, or neglect, to turn off the oxygen concentrator for some time after he'd gotten up and taken the machine off, while it worried me, there was, fortunately, never any problem because of that.
thank you, thats good to know!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 am

s7unned wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 am
we did buy resmed 10 yesterday.
Which one?

onward60

Post by onward60 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:47 am

s7unned wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:39 pm
palerider wrote:
You are being a wonderful support to your relatives. They are fortunate to have you helping them. :)

s7unned

Post by s7unned » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:52 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 am
Which one?
Resmed airsense 10. We didn't have much choice tho, as soon it appeared on sale we bought it. As i can tell from what i read, it has this feature smart start which we lack in ds2