Did you get your flu vaccine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by D.H. » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Got a adjuvanted flu vaccine (i.e. the one for age 65 and older) this week. No side affects to report. This is the first time I was old enough for this one.

ILoveFlowers

Post by ILoveFlowers » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:40 am

Yes, I got the same one, too. It packs a punch but to me, it's worth it. I've been really sick with the flu in the past.
AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Airfit P10 mask

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:21 am

Wife and I got the High Dose Flu vax about a week ago. My arm was sore a bit for a day or so, my wife had a slightly elevated temperature. About the same as last year. I'm holding off on the Pfizer booster shot until I speak with my PCP about a possible reaction I had to the first two.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:32 am

SummerTime wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 pm
I got the booster (Moderna) Sept. 10th
Moderna Booster ??

:?: :?:
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:49 am

JLROhio wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:32 am
SummerTime wrote:
Moderna Booster ??

Please, enough already! Call Dr. Soto's office (Pulmonary and Sleep Associates) at (415) 878-0225), and ask if they were giving the Moderna booster shot on September 10th, 2021 in their office. We had to show our cards before they would give the shot!

It doesn't feel good when someone questions me the way you did! Maybe you don't tell the truth, but I do :!:
Resmed AirSense 10 Auto For Her
Masks: N30 - P10

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:56 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:25 pm
SummerTime wrote:

FYI: Doctor told me that if you get Shingles one time, you can no longer get the shots - not sure why.
--------------------------->
Even if you’ve already had shingles or had the original Zostavax vaccine, you should still get the Shingirx vaccine, she stresses. https://nyulangone.org/give/community/s ... es-vaccine
---------------------------->
You may get the Shingrix vaccine even if you've already had shingles. Also, consider getting the Shingrix vaccine if you've had the Zostavax vaccine in the past, or if you don't know whether you've had chickenpox. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... q-20057859
---------------------------->
The CDC says you should get vaccinated with Shingrix even if you aren't sure you've had chickenpox and if you've already had shingles. Although it's uncommon, you can get shingles more than once. In addition, you should get the Shingrix vaccine even if you already got the Zostavax vaccine. https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... es-vaccine

Thank you for this information. If you want to sue my PCP let me know and I'll PM you her name.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 am

SummerTime wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:49 am
Call Dr. Soto's office (Pulmonary and Sleep Associates) at (415) 878-0225), and ask if they were giving the Moderna booster shot on September 10th, 2021 in their office. We had to show our cards before they would give the shot!
Some questions:
1. Did the clinic record the third shot on your card?
2. Did the clinic administer a half dose? (This is the Moderna plan for dose #3, and the half-dose vials have not been shipped yet.)
JLROhio wrote:
Moderna Booster ??
MDs can legally administer off-label doses of drugs and vaccines.
SummerTime wrote:
It doesn't feel good when someone questions me the way you did! Maybe you don't tell the truth, but I do
:roll: Good grief. He only asked a legitimate two-word question.

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:10 pm

1. Of course they did!

2. I don't know for certain. You too can call the office. I seem to remember someone saying it was the full dose.

As far as my reply to Ohio -- it was justified. He could have asked his question(s) in a much different manner.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 pm

With my oncologist's approval, I got the over-65 quad on 9/3.
He wanrs me to wait until after chemo to get the covid booster.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:17 pm

SummerTime wrote:
JLROhio wrote:
SummerTime wrote:
Moderna Booster ??

Please, enough already! Call Dr. Soto's office (Pulmonary and Sleep Associates) at (415) 878-0225), and ask if they were giving the Moderna booster shot on September 10th, 2021 in their office. We had to show our cards before they would give the shot!

It doesn't feel good when someone questions me the way you did! Maybe you don't tell the truth, but I do :!:
Thanks!

It was just a simple question in reality and a very interesting data point about the Moderna Booster (Inquiring minds want to know).

Congrats on your booster and added protection (although I do wonder about the side-effects you seem to be suffering from - :roll: )

:mrgreen:
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.

--

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:26 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 am
JLROhio wrote:
Moderna Booster ??
MDs can legally administer off-label doses of drugs and vaccines.
Yep, I'm fully aware of the off-label prescription options that Doc can provide.
Of course, it often depends on how "cool" the doc is :(

Some Docs remind me of the "cool-parents" we were jealous of when we were kids.

I often hear of someone having a Doc that they are very happy with, that goes out of their way to make the patient feel important and listened to - prescribes those "off-label" uses of a medicine for the benefit of the patient, fights with an insurance company to justify a different medicine than the insurance company wants to get off cheaply with, etc...

I've never really run into having the "cool parent" doc. I seem to get the docs that are just another cog in the medical bureaucracy wheel - who seem to care more about telling me I'm approaching the limits of the healthy BMI chart and to eat better (even though my BMI is within limits and my cholesterol numbers look good). :roll:

--

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:31 pm

I was wondering the same about the Moderna booster as what I've read only the Pfizer booster had been authorized for use in the US. Moderna and the Johnson&Johnson were still under review per the this article as of 10/8/21.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronav ... s/2632153/

However.......
There are some suggestions coming from the FDA that an immunocompromised person may be recommended to get a third shot (a booster?)
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... ompromised

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Grumpy48 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:31 pm
I was wondering the same about the Moderna booster as what I've read only the Pfizer booster had been authorized for use in the US. Moderna and the Johnson&Johnson were still under review per the this article as of 10/8/21.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronav ... s/2632153/

However.......
There are some suggestions coming from the FDA that an immunocompromised person may be recommended to get a third shot (a booster?)
At this point...I think the FDA/CDC are getting too political vs. logical on their guidance, over-ruling guidance, etc...

We all need a Dr. Soto assigned to us! I'd rather take advice from a Dr. Soto than the CDC at this point.

--

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Grumpy48 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:31 pm

Thank you - that's exactly why we were able to get the shot.

I don't live my life on this forum and I have no need to divulge any personal information about the health of my husband or myself.

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:43 pm

JLROhio wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Yep, I'm fully aware of the off-label prescription options that Doc can provide.
Of course, it often depends on how "cool" the doc is :(

:lol: :lol: Dr. Soto is far from cool. The other three doctors in the office don't appear to be "cool" either.

There were many other seniors waiting to get a shot. You do realize that if a doctor does something that is illegal, they could lose their license to practice.