ResMed AirSense 11 Online Availability?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
garagelogician

ResMed AirSense 11 Online Availability?

Post by garagelogician » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 am

Does anyone know when ResMed is going to allow the AirSense 11 to be sold online?

I've gone back to my old AS10 since the recall (which has made me realize how crappy Phillips' algorithm is), but the problem is that the motor in my AS10 is very loud sometimes. I don't want to replace it with another AS10 unless I can find a used one for a decent price...which would be nearly impossible now given the current CPAP market. I've had problems with the humidifier tanks leaking (which appears to be solved by the AS11 redesign), and I'm hoping that maybe the AS11 will last longer before the motor starts getting noisy.

Two weeks ago I found a DME that was selling the AS11 online for preorder, and the website said that the units would start shipping at the end of September. I placed an order, and they notified me that the order was processed and they attached my prescription to my reserved unit, and that they would ship it out once ResMed approved them for online sale. Later that day, the preorder page was updated to say that they would not ship until Jan 2022, and by the end of the day the preorder listing had been removed entirely. I've contacted the DME regarding this and they didn't have any firm date on when ResMed would allow my unit to be shipped...they only assured me that it would be sent out as soon as possible (and they did offer to sell me an AS10 instead).

Is ResMed just trying to clear out their AS10 inventory?

Dog Slobber

Re: ResMed AirSense 11 Online Availability?

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 am

garagelogician wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 am

Is ResMed just trying to clear out their AS10 inventory?
No.

I'm guessing the priority is Brick and Mortar DMEs because of stock shortage caused by the Philips recall.

ResMed's CEO is on record stating the Air 10 will still be sold for a very long time.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 pm

Did they get your money?

garagelogician

Post by garagelogician » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:36 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 pm
Did they get your money?
Yeah, I paid $999 for it. They've been super responsive, so I'm not worried about it at all. At least I know the unit has been reserved for me and will be shipped out as soon as ResMed gives them the OK. I'm not going to go through insurance and all that BS in order to get one sooner.

If my AS10 dies before I get the AS11...I guess I'll break out the tools and yank the foam out of the Dreamstation.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:38 pm

garagelogician wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:36 pm
I guess I'll break out the tools and yank the foam out of the Dreamstation.
Why?
... Degradation of foam causing particles to be blown into the patient’s airway. There have been a small number of reports ...

Release of volatile organic compounds (VOC) including Dimethyl diazene and Phenol. Evidence suggests these gases dissipate after 24 hours from first ‘out of box’ use. ...

Full notice: https://www.gov.uk/drug-device-alerts/n ... slash-mhra