Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:43 am

When I bought our van, I made a substantial down payment. The finance person asked me about several optional items such as clear coat protection, GAP insurance, etc. He read off a list of several items and asked me which three sounded interesting to me. I told him none of them. He kept trying to get me to say which ones I might be interested in. After the third time, I told him if he mentioned the list one more time, I was going to tear the check up and find a different dealer. He finally shut up.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:59 am

Just information. The VA here in San Antonio cannot order the bleep Deamport cpap mask. :mrgreen:

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 pm

They certainly can, but are choosing not to. I have a friend and he’s getting it through the VA.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 pm

The VA contract here is with FIRST NATION GROUP - DENVER.They don't carry the Bleep mask. :mrgreen:

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 pm
The VA contract here is with FIRST NATION GROUP - DENVER.They don't carry the Bleep mask. :mrgreen:
I hear you. Same with my local DME.

The point is they COULD carry it if they just would.

They WON'T carry it....it's not that they couldn't if they would just do it. Same HCPCS codes as nasal masks ....same replacement schedule...same money but they simply won't do it.
Lazy asses.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Just information. Bleepsleep.com shows another insurance provider Aeroflow Healthcare (also known as cheapcpapsupply on the internet) The phone number is 800-480-5491. They are a provider for Humana.
Aerospace took care of me getting my nose pieces in less than one week. Even contacting my Doctor. Two nose pieces just arrived in the mail today.
Thank you Stuart for the tip. :D

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 pm
The VA in my area also uses First Nation Group as my CPAP supplier (it appears that First Nation is working with a LOT of regional VA's if you look at their website).

I've reached out to them (via their online contact us page) to see if they ever do plan to carry the Bleep System. Hope to hear something positive from them - or at least I'll be a pain in their rear for a spell.

@Dreaming1 - you mentioned that you have a friend getting their Bleep Supplies from the VA. Could you reach out to them and find out a bit more? Like who is their VA using for a DME to distribute the Bleep supplies?? What VA are they using (I have no problem calling up another VA to find out more info).

At this point, I'm getting a little bit frustrated with CPAP hair every morning...and the fact that my hair is staying smashed down, even after my daily shower/hair washing.

I'd love to give the Bleep System a try - does anyone know of a cheap way to try out their system for a few nights?

I can also use my Humana Tricare insurance to help offset the cost - is anyone else out there (retired military) using Tricare insurance to obtain Bleep supplies?
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

nana of 3

Post by nana of 3 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 pm

I get my Bleep supplies when there is a discount notice here on cpaptalk or I get a message from Stuart... usually 10% off the posted price. The last posted price I saw (or remember), was $13.something per box, plus I am in Canada, so must pay about 30%[ more for exchange and shipping. Gets a mite expensive since I am self pay. I presently have enough ports to do me 9 months and dont know if I will be able to continue on this route. I love the Bleep, but I will have to go back to my P10 if prices continue to climb. BUMMER!!!!!!

Cheers
Nan

Resmed Airsence 10 autoset and Bleep Dreamport mask

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 am

There are a couple of vendors with good prices on Amazon right now. One is selling each box for 12.99, another for 14.39 -20% coupon code, which according to my math (granted, not my strong suit!) comes to about 11.50. Certainly worth taking a look.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:35 pm

@Dreaming1 - you mentioned that you have a friend getting their Bleep Supplies from the VA. Could you reach out to them and find out a bit more? Like who is their VA using for a DME to distribute the Bleep supplies?? What VA are they using (I have no problem calling up another VA to find out more info).
Called bleep and spoke to Stuart and he said they deal with only one company right now: Carrier Medical. The owner is Nick Hilton and he said to call them directly:

Nick Hilton - Carrier Medical
Cell: 480-292-2891
Orders: 800-960-1434
Fax: 877-211-9778
nhilton@carriermedical.com

Stuart also said you would have to have your VA contact Carrier Medical themselves. Carrier can't call them for you for whatever reason. Hope this helps.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 pm

Dreaming1 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Called bleep and spoke to Stuart and he said they deal with only one company right now: Carrier Medical. The owner is Nick Hilton and he said to call them directly:

Nick Hilton - Carrier Medical
Cell: 480-292-2891
Orders: 800-960-1434
Fax: 877-211-9778
nhilton@carriermedical.com

Stuart also said you would have to have your VA contact Carrier Medical themselves. Carrier can't call them for you for whatever reason. Hope this helps.
Thanks...I'll be reaching out to my VA to inquire...

Interestingly... First Nation Group has not responded back yet - go figure! :roll:
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.

--

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Last year the VA Doctor here in Antonio Texas was kind enough to give me a prescription. That allowed me to receive my equipment through Aerospace Health care. It was be at my expense, though my medicare advantage plan.
This year Aerospace sent them a request for a new prescription. I also requested one. I hope that this is the time that no news is good news. :(
The Va Doctor sent me a new prescription that I can use at my expense. :)

Last edited by Bobby269 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 pm
Last year the VA Doctor here in Antonio Texas was kind enough to give me a prescription. That allowed me to receive my equipment through Aerospace Health care. It was be at my expense, though my medicare advantage plan.
This year Aerospace sent them a request for a new prescription. I also requested one. I hope that this is the time that no news is good news. :(
If nothing else, make sure you're signed up with MyHealtheVet ( https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home ) and use the Messages feature to communicate with your team about the DME needing an updated prescription.

Is there a reason why you can't just get the VA to provide a CPAP and CPAP supplies (at no cost) to you?
Sorry for not understanding your particular situation - I was diagnosed on Active Duty so all the CPAP stuff just transferred automatically into the VA system.

--

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:31 am

I found out about my sleep apnea long after I got out of the military.The DME they use doesn't supply Bleep products.(doesn't want to ). When I order Resmed or Phillips products I receive a years supply. :(

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 am

Bobby269 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:31 am
I found out about my sleep apnea long after I got out of the military.The DME they use doesn't supply Bleep products.(doesn't want to ). When I order Resmed or Phillips products I receive a years supply. :(
Unfortunately the "doesn't want to supply the Bleep" is a common complaint about a lot of DMEs.
I had it with my own DME.
Along with many false excuses of why they won't supply it.
All I can offer is for people to vote with there feet and take their business elsewhere. That's what I did.
I haven't bought so much as a filter from my local DME since they refused to order the Bleep for me.

The Bleep is considered just like any other nasal mask...has the same HCPCS billing codes and replacement ports are consider just like replacement cushions or nasal pillows. Even Medicare will pay for it and the box of ports is considered one nasal cushion or one nasal pillow....2 per month is allowed by almost all insurance.
When the DME tells someone that "your insurance won't pay for the Bleep" it is a bald face lie and that DME doesn't deserve your business because they are liars.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.