Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Aretino

Re: Phillips / Philips Respironics recent recall notice discussion thread

Post by Aretino » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Phillips Lottery

racprops

Post by racprops » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:39 am

Someone posted that the recalled Phillips machines were being sent to a medical disposal company.

I cannot find that post(s).

Has anyone got any info on this??

Rich

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:47 am

racprops wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:39 am
recalled Phillips machines were being sent to a medical disposal company.
I cannot find that post(s).
https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1394190
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

racprops

Post by racprops » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:13 am

Someone posted that the recalled Phillips machines are being sent to a medical disposal company.

To Stericycle medical disposal company??

Indianapolis Medical Waste Disposal | Stericycle
[Search domain stericycle.com] https://www.stericycle.com/en-us/service...dianapolis
Stericycle is the trusted provider of medical waste disposal solutions throughout Indianapolis & surrounding areas, including Carmel and Bloomington. Learn more. Customer Service: 866-783-7422

Has anyone got any info on this??

Has anyone got a replacement machine and has a copy of the return address and researched if it is a medical disposal company??

I find it very interesting if this is true.

Rich

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 am

I am wondering what I would get to replace my SystemOne REMStar Auto Machine and my System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth.

Has anyone received replacements for either and what machine did you receive as replacements?

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:54 am

Broadway Bennie wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:19 pm
So here we are on September 13th and I just found out about the recall less than five days ago. I know I am late to this party and no doubt hundreds if not thousands of posts have been gone through. I probably sound like a broken record to many but the only thing a Phillips representative told me was to stop using the machine and call my doctor to explore alternatives, whatever that means. I would like to get some sense of what people are doing. Have people stopped using their CPAP machine to go to sleep? I just started two years ago and love it. I'm not in a hurry to give it up. Am I being stupid? What is the general consensus? I have this feeling that if I wait for Phillips to do something it could be a year - easily. An hour after I got the email stating my unit has been recalled, I received an email from the folks who provide me all my gear letting me know I was do for another three month supply of stuff. Recall? what recall. Thanks for reading, will look forward to reading more about all this.
After I found out about the recall I made an appointment with my sleep doc to discus this mess. His recommendation for me? "Discontinue the use of your machine until more is known about what EXACTLY is going on with the foam". I asked about the inline filters that some are recommending. He said that when using a humidifier that the inline filters were not recommended. I took his advice and I DCed my use and ordered a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto on my dime. I'm still waiting for my new machine as they are backordered BIG TIME.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

pswartz

Post by pswartz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 am

So I have a 7 year old BiPap 960P System One which is under the recall. I am working with Aetna to have them replace it (repairs to make DME devices usable again is covered under my plan, so I am arguing they need to pay for a new machine). The have agreed, however they will not pay for another Phillips / Respironics. No real surprise. I need to purchase it and then submit for full reimbursement.

What machine should I get?

My settings are fairly minimal, but definitely helps me with my Apnea.

Thanks and I will post confirmation that this all works so others can hopefully follow with your insurance carrier.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:25 am

Rogue wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 am
I am wondering what I would get to replace my SystemOne REMStar Auto Machine and my System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth.

Has anyone received replacements for either and what machine did you receive as replacements?

I would like to hear from someone on this as well, as I am currently using the SystemOne series 60 and have a series 50 as backup. I read somewhere that SystemOne machines are being replaced with DS2, which I would assume they would have to do since to my knowledge SystemOne machines are no longer being made. But then you never really know...

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:56 am

pswartz wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 am
So I have a 7 year old BiPap 960P System One ...
What machine should I get?
You should get a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt or Airsense 10 ASV, (same treatment, just different outer cases).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

MidnightProwler

Post by MidnightProwler » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:48 am

I received a text message yesterday from FedEx about a package delivery. I had no idea what was being delivered. A Dreamstation 2 Auto Advanced was delivered today to replace my Dreamstation Auto. I had received no prior notification from Philips, the DME who sold me the machine, or my doctor. The instructions ask that I return my old machine to: Philips Respironics Returns in Mt. Pleasant, PA.

I like the smaller size, but have read complains about the integrated humidifier tank and reduced menu options.

Cheers

Additional Comments: 30 day A-Trial using 4 min and 15 max over. Machine chose 10.5

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am

MidnightProwler wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:48 am
I received a text message yesterday from FedEx about a package delivery. I had no idea what was being delivered. A Dreamstation 2 Auto Advanced was delivered today to replace my Dreamstation Auto. I had received no prior notification from Philips, the DME who sold me the machine, or my doctor. The instructions ask that I return my old machine to: Philips Respironics Returns in Mt. Pleasant, PA.

I like the smaller size, but have read complains about the integrated humidifier tank and reduced menu options.

Cheers
What is the model number on the new machine you just received?

If you did get the AutoAdvanced model that is the ASV model and it is NOT the same kind of machine as your old machine if what you were using was a regular Auto/APAP/CPAP machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 am

MidnightProwler wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:48 am

Cheers
where do you live?

a user here is curious to see if a certain region is being serviced over others.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

MidnightProwler

Post by MidnightProwler » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am

If you did get the AutoAdvanced model that is the ASV model and it is NOT the same kind of machine as your old machine if what you were using was a regular Auto/APAP/CPAP machine.
It is a DSX520H11C, a "DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced + Humidifier with cell/BT" according to a Philips brochure I found online. The brochure makes no mention of ASV. :(

And, in answer to Zonker's question, I live in Northern Virginia.

Cheers!

Additional Comments: 30 day A-Trial using 4 min and 15 max over. Machine chose 10.5

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm

MidnightProwler wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am

It is a DSX520H11C, a "DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced + Humidifier with cell/BT" according to a Philips brochure I found online. The brochure makes no mention of ASV. :(

And, in answer to Zonker's question, I live in Northern Virginia.

Cheers!
Okay. Thanks. That makes more sense to me now. They apparently now are using the term "advanced" in a different manner now than how it was used in the past.
AutoAdvanced model terminology was used in the past with the models beginning with the number 9.... we had 950, 960, DSX900xxx and those were the models that do Adapto Servo Ventilation (hence ASV) mode of operation.

I thought it was really strange that you were given an ASV machine when I wasn't even aware they were making those models yet.

Anyway...just a slight name change and the model number 520 does go along with the other auto cpap model number
DSX500 (for the DS1) or 550 or 560 (System One).

Congrats on getting the new machine and thank you for helping me clarify the nomenclature thing. I am pretty sure this will pop up again later. Respironics seems to revel in confusing model names. Sigh.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:33 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 am
where do you live?

a user here is curious to see if a certain region is being serviced over others.
I wonder if maybe a new sticky post should be made...asking folks to report the status of their replacements...so that everyone can understand the different data points that are coming in regarding the replacement machines.

Some data points that I can think of off the top are:

- What current DreamStation are you using
- When did you register your DreamStation with Philips
- Have you had any communications from Philips about your replacement machine?
- What is the Model Number of your new machine
- What is the Name/Address of the where you are supposed to ship your DreamStation back to?
- Will you be shipping your old machine back or holding on to it for future medical diagnosis/lawyers?

Other things I'd like to know...
Is Philips including in the return instructions some sort of timeline they expect the machine back or that the recipient of a new machine is under some sort of obligation (in their eyes) to send the machine back by accepting a replacement? (I'm sure Philips lawyers already know the legal implications of this portion)

OR MAYBE...
Folks will start reporting these things in their posts going forward about those receiving machines...and others reporting will catch on and report the same thing!
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--