CPAP Settings Help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lionheartck

CPAP Settings Help

Post by lionheartck » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:38 pm

I have been using my Philips Dreamstation 1 for close to a year. (hopefully getting a dreamstation 2 soon.) I normally stay at 1-2 AHI, but the last few nights it has gone up. When I am above 2 AHI, I am exhausted. Are there any settings I can tweak to improve my CPAP experience?

I am already using a full face mask, and after reading some posts on here, I upped my Min Pressure from 6-7 to try to reduce Hypopneas.

Here are the machine settings that didn't make it into the screen shot:

Machine Settings

Mode
AutoCPAP
Pressure Min
7.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max
20.00 cmH2O
Auto Off
Off
Auto On
On
Flex Level
Flex Lock
Off
Flex Mode
A-Flex
Hose Diam.
15mm
Humid. Lvl
Humid. Mode
Heated Tube
Humidifier
Connected
Mask Res. Lock
Off
Mask Resist.
Off
Ramp Pressure
5.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time
20.00 Minutes
Ramp Type
SmartRamp
Show AHI
On
Tube Lock
Off
Tube Temp.

Thank you!
CPAP Data.jpg
CPAP Data.jpg (445.97 KiB) Viewed 1414 times

palerider

Re: CPAP Settings Help

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:53 pm

Raise your minimum to 8, give it a few nights, then 9, and repeat if needed.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lionheartck

Post by lionheartck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am

I gave that a shot, and it got me down to 2.7. Then, I realized that i had been over 3 AHI after starting beta blockers. Well, I googled OSA and beta blockers and switched back to my other blood pressure meds this morning. They are contraindicated in patients that have OSA. Are there any other settings I should tweak, or just leave the rest alone?

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am

lionheartck wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am
I gave that a shot, and it got me down to 2.7. Then, I realized that i had been over 3 AHI after starting beta blockers. Well, I googled OSA and beta blockers and switched back to my other blood pressure meds this morning. They are contraindicated in patients that have OSA. Are there any other settings I should tweak, or just leave the rest alone?
if it were me, i'd give it a couple of nights to settle in. then post more charts to see a comparison.

good luck!

(if palerider comes in and says something different, go with his advice!)
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:05 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am
lionheartck wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am
if it were me, i'd give it a couple of nights to settle in. then post more charts to see a comparison.

good luck!

(if palerider comes in and says something different, go with his advice!)
I'd say "go with what I said" raise the pressure a little, wait a day or two, and repeat till you have better numbers (and a nice long night of those spikey looking things in the pressure trace) (the 'why' is complicated, but the more of those you see, the better.).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:23 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:05 pm

I'd say "go with what I said" raise the pressure a little, wait a day or two, and repeat till you have better numbers (and a nice long night of those spikey looking things in the pressure trace) (the 'why' is complicated, but the more of those you see, the better.).
what?!?! you're agreeing with me? <swoon>

:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg