trouble with Resmed AirFit N20?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
1speechpick

trouble with Resmed AirFit N20?

Post by 1speechpick » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:25 pm

Has anyone else found it hard to breathe (on the exhalation) when using the Resmed Airfit N20?

I'm using the Resmed Airsense 10 For Her. My normal pressure is 5. I bumped it up to 7 with and EPR of 3, but still found the exhale a little difficult. Is this something you get used to with time?
ResMed AirSense 10 For Her with humidifier and heated hose
Resmed Airfit N20

"The best view comes after the hardest climb"

babydinosnoreless

Re: trouble with Resmed AirFit N20?

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:34 pm

I use the N -20. I have the bilevel air curve with a ps of 4 so I get a little more exhale relief than you do. My min pressure is a lot higher though. I have no problems exhaling. It bothered me at first but now I don't even notice it.

1speechpick

Post by 1speechpick » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:34 pm
I use the N -20. I have the bilevel air curve with a ps of 4 so I get a little more exhale relief than you do. My min pressure is a lot higher though. I have no problems exhaling. It bothered me at first but now I don't even notice it.

Perhaps it's just something I will get used to. Having a bilevel machine is nice, so you can customize the exhale pressure.
ResMed AirSense 10 For Her with humidifier and heated hose
Resmed Airfit N20

"The best view comes after the hardest climb"

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:44 am

1speechpick wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Perhaps it's just something I will get used to. Having a bilevel machine is nice, so you can customize the exhale pressure.
Yes, you will probably get used to it. One morning I woke up panicking because I thought my machine was't working right then realize that I was finally so used to the mask on my face that it felt normal. My pressures are a lot higher than yours which is why I was prescribed the bilevel machine, regular cpaps don't go that high.

turbo

Post by turbo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Try loosening the top straps, or go with a size bigger cushion, in case it's restricting the airflow a bit
“I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it.” JOHN BELUSHI