Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deborah K.

Re: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

Post by Deborah K. » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:30 pm

"These days for me, it's the collar, the chin strap, and Somnifix. No leaks. Doubles as a Halloween costume." by dpeterzell

And a scary one for sure!
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

cpap2

Post by cpap2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 am

Please pardon me for not going through all 42 pages of threads to see if the answer is there.
My question is, when you buy the Bleep/DreamPort, what machine is it used with or compatible with?
Thanks.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 am

cpap2 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 am
Please pardon me for not going through all 42 pages of threads to see if the answer is there.
My question is, when you buy the Bleep/DreamPort, what machine is it used with or compatible with?
Thanks.
It's compatible with any machine...brand or model with the exception of maybe the tiny travel machines that require specific masks...like the ResMed Air Mini which requires specific masks.

The Bleep/DreamPort is no different than any other mask. Connects to the long hose from the humidifier/machine just like any other machine. It will work with any regular cpap/apap/bilevel machine just like any other mask. It is a nasal interface mask that just doesn't need headgear to stay put on the face.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 am
cpap2 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 am
Thanks.
It's compatible with any machine...brand or model with the exception of maybe the tiny travel machines that require specific masks...like the ResMed Air Mini which requires specific masks.

The Bleep/DreamPort is no different than any other mask. Connects to the long hose from the humidifier/machine just like any other machine. It will work with any regular cpap/apap/bilevel machine just like any other mask. It is a nasal interface mask that just doesn't need headgear to stay put on the face.
And if you are willing to hack the hose of your AirMini, the Bleep is compatible with that machine as well. :lol: I will not say how I know, but I DID buy an AirMini to use when I (used to) travel (I miss those days!), and yes, I HAVE used my Bleep with it all except the first night when I actually tried the P10 it came with. I know I am in a very small minority but I actually loathe that mask...and it is my hubby fave!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:56 pm

booksfan wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:35 pm
And if you are willing to hack the hose of your AirMini, the Bleep is compatible with that machine as well. :lol:
I remembered that you did just that but to be honest I just didn't want to go into the explaining the hack.
I was lazy...and just didn't want to bring that up....too much work and I didn't think it would be needed.

But now we know who to send out smoke signals to when someone does want to hack their ResMed Air Mini and not use one of the masks that ResMed says you just have to use....and it won't be me on the receiving end of those smoke signals. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thank you in advance for your service. :D

Boy this covid stuff sucks. I am a hermit by nature anyway but even I am starting to go stir crazy. While I never traveled much due to needing someone at home to take care of my babies...this is starting to get on my nerves.
Hubby took his usual 2 weeks off at Christmas/New Years which in the past was when I went to Vegas to spend a week with my daughter and her family. Of course with covid I couldn't do that so I had hubby all to myself for a little over 2 weeks....he goes back to work tomorrow and I quite honestly am a bit relieved. He wants to eat more often than I want to eat so I bet I have gained 10 lbs...and when he gets bored he gets grouchy and he sure has been bored a lot lately. He's mad at me right now...he went to bed without kissing me good night which I can't remember the last time that happened. All because I wanted to watch something on TV that he doesn't like watching...never mind that all day he has watched his stuff....and we only have the one TV.

Men are such babies.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

remoo1

Post by remoo1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:08 am

Yes we are!

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 am

There’s a 3D printed AirMini mask adapter thingy you can buy that lets you use any mask on the market with it. Cost around $20. Found at Amazon and a couple of online sellers.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 pm

I felt a bit of warm air backwash with bleep and my Oxygen levels were quite low as measured by a wrist oximeter, had to switch back to swift lt and oxygen levels went back to nirmal. I was a bit under the weather but not clogged or anything.

I plan on widening some port holes on both sides until the warm air backwash is pretty much gone.

I like the bleeps a lot, great idea, no headgear!

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:11 pm

klv329 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 pm
I felt a bit of warm air backwash with bleep and my Oxygen levels were quite low as measured by a wrist oximeter, had to switch back to swift lt and oxygen levels went back to nirmal. I was a bit under the weather but not clogged or anything.

I plan on widening some port holes on both sides until the warm air backwash is pretty much gone.

I like the bleeps a lot, great idea, no headgear!
How would felt air backwash cause low O2 levels?
I do not have a Bleep, but ordered one today and would be interested to know.
Anyone else reported this?

Any newbie reading this/above post:

Do not mess with any mask vent holes (except to clean them). They are designed the way they are for a good reason.

JPB

Since I do not own a Bleep yet I may be missing something. Please inform me.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:25 am

klv329 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 pm
I felt a bit of warm air backwash with bleep and my Oxygen levels were quite low as measured by a wrist oximeter, had to switch back to swift lt and oxygen levels went back to nirmal.
Did you measure your oxygen saturation while wearing the Bleep and then while wearing the Swift?

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 am

I have been doing a little research this morning.

FDA recommends not making health decisions based only on wrist oximeter readings.

Reaming out the vent holes of a cpap mask is a health decision. :wink:

JPB

klv329

Post by klv329 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Used it for 3 days with spot checks the first 2 nights and an all night reading the third, then switched back to the swift lt with overnight O2 measurements.

I will have to measure again as just now resting with it on I am seeing good oxygen numbers, unlike before.

The 2nd covid shot relapse may have been a factor although I didn't feel that bad, I had to sleep quite a bit during the day, improving each day.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 pm

I just did a road trip down the East Coast, through Florida, then across the Gulf Coast back to Texas. 2300 miles of driving over 10 days at 9 hotels. The Bleep Dreamports have been my go-to mask solution for almost two years, but to simplify things a bit I decided to take the Dreamwear rig instead. It certainly makes life easier not having to worry about face cleaning and alcohol swabbing every night, cutting, pasting, and taping. The Dreamports don't travel well, as they are a bit fragile and are easily messed up. With the Dreamwear you just slap on the gel pillows and call it a night, then wad it up in the bag with the CPAP when you leave the next morning. To make it a fair comparison I got a new frame, the new upgraded strap and a new gel pillow.

One thing that stood out right away was how much LOUDER the Dreamwear is. Both the air rushing through the frame and the vent were much more noticeable for me and my spouse. I had also forgotten how touchy the Dreamwear is. You have to position the hose just so to avoid leaks and put your head at just the right angle so the vent won't blow on something and either make noise or keep you awake with the exhaust. Waking up the first morning also brought back memories I'd rather not have - strap marks on both cheeks. Nice.

I do love having the hose come off the top of my head and the simplicity of just going to bed and putting it on, but Bleep is superior in just about every other way. The Dreamports are far quieter, generally easier to wear in bed and practically leak-proof regardless of how you sleep.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 am

@loggerhead12

I know what you mean about traveling with the Dreamports. I have tried various solutions to protect them and honestly, the best way I have found for a road trip is the original box. We (used to, pre-pandemic) travel internationally, air and cruise, for 2 to 4 weeks at a time, and I tend to be a light packer. So I found it to be a real challenge! Starting out,I was using large pill containers to hold as many (trimmed) DreamPorts as would fit (in my carryon) and more trimmed DreamPorts in the box (I could fit more than the original 16 pair, in my checked bag). I moved on to a semi-hard zipper case to hold them, all in my carryon.

I use Away suitcase and they make a small, hard-side, zippered case that I've bought that I will use for my next trip, whenever that might be. I think it will hold all my DreamPorts and protect them. And will fit in my carryon, whichever one I use, along with my AirMini. So I won't be without my Bleep!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

1speechpick

Post by 1speechpick » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:44 pm

I am sooooo incredibly excited!! I'm getting the Bleep DreamPort and am going to try it tonight!!!
ResMed AirSense 10 For Her with humidifier and heated hose
Resmed Airfit N20

"The best view comes after the hardest climb"