OSCAR v1.2.0 is released 10/10/2020

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlueDragon

Re: OSCAR v1.2.0 is released 10/10/2020

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:49 am

Download link for OSCAR is in my signature below.

The author of Sleepyhead has abandoned the product and it has not been maintained for several years. OSCAR is actively maintained and support is available from many users and the developers.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:06 am

Sleepyhead is dead...long live Oscar
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

SAG

Post by SAG » Thu May 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Thank You to everyone who helped in this OSCAR project.
Very much appreciated.

Paraphrasing Ghandi - be the change you wish to see in the world.
Paraphrasing JohnnyGoodman - Beware the person who wishes to legislate the morality and the behavior of his neighbor.
https://cutt.ly/GbE7ltf

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Wow, the imports are super fast. Kudos.

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:28 am

Installed OSCAR 1.2.0 on Windows 10 machine. This is a new installation and data is from SD card. I created a new profile but was not asked for machine type.

Machine info seems to be missing as the debug info contains following message:" 01733: Debug: Couldn't find machine info for "DickBlaine" "
SD card for ResMed Airsense 10 was read and saved in OSCAR_DATA.
Profile data in OSCAR_DATA; machines.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Machines>
-<machines>
-<machine type="4" id="5372" class="Journal">
<properties/>
<brand>OSCAR</brand>
<model>Journal</model>
<modelnumber/>
<serial>000014fc</serial>
<series/>
<dataversion>0</dataversion>
<lastimported>2021-06-02T11:21:51</lastimported>
<purgedate/>
</machine>
</machines>

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:03 pm

DickBlaine wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:28 am
Installed OSCAR 1.2.0 on Windows 10 machine. This is a new installation and data is from SD card. I created a new profile but was not asked for machine type.
OSCAR determines the machine type automatically when it imports data from the SD card.
DickBlaine wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:28 am
Machine info seems to be missing as the debug info contains following message:" 01733: Debug: Couldn't find machine info for "DickBlaine" "
SD card for ResMed Airsense 10 was read and saved in OSCAR_DATA.
That message is to be expected after first creating a profile and before the first import.

What CPAP machine are you using? Brand and exact model number please.

The machines.xml file suggests that while you have created a profile that no data from a recognized machine type has been imported. Is your machine shown as supported on the list of supported CPAP machines at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... d_machines?

OSCAR Team

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am

AThaqnks for quick reply, BlueDragen.

Yes, my machine is listed as fully supported. It is a ResMed AiSense 10 Autoset from 2014. I have no idea why OSCAR is not importing the machine info from the SD card. All the other data seems ok.
If I know the proper parameters to fill in to the machines.xml file I could do so manually.
Do you have any idea as to how I could obtain these data?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:01 pm

You said "SD card for ResMed Airsense 10 was read and saved in OSCAR_DATA." How do you know that? Have you seen a Daily page with data on it?

I don't know of any circumstance where OSCAR would import data but not create an appropriate record in the machines.xml file, unless OSCAR crashed instead of terminating normally. Did that happen?

Does the Backup directory for your machine (OSCAR_Data/Profiles/your profile/your machine/Backup) contain a copy of your SD card?

Try this: Create a new profile, then import the SD card into the new profile. If OSCAR doesn't display any data, close OSCAR, then go to the OSCAR_Data/Profiles/log directory and send me the debug.txt file. That will let me see what OSCAR did. Upload the debug.txt file to my Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH.

OSCAR Team

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 am

Thanks again, BlueDragon.

You are correct. I do not know if the SD card was read in fact, that seems to be the problem.
There is no Backup file in my profile.

I removed OSCAR and the OSCAR_data folder from my computer and reinstalled.
I created a new profile. The OSCAR_Data folder was recreated.

I then clicked on the CPAP Importer icon on the main page. A message appeared to insert the SD card (SD card is locked) and a green progress bar moved across the screen. I was asked to select a directory. And where the SleepyTime or old CPAP folder was. I selected NO (since I do not have such data). By the time I inserted my SD card the progress bar completed and I was asked to select a directory. The lights on my SD card reader blinked for a while.

I never saw the pop up dialog box (CBAP Data Located) which asks if I would like to import from the location (as per Help/first time use). Also the main screen is different from that show in help/first-time use. The Statistical Data screen did not appear. This is the third time I have gone thru the process of installing Oscar with the same result each time.

I am uploading the degug.1.txt file which was created when I first installed Oscar and tried to import the SD card the fist time, debug0.txt which was created when I tried to import the SD card the second time and debug.txt when I tried to read the SD card again.

My machine is running Windows 10 and has all updates thru 6/3/21.
The installed version of Oscar is 1.2.0.

I appreciate you assistence.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:19 pm

I then clicked on the CPAP Importer icon on the main page. A message appeared to insert the SD card (SD card is locked) and a green progress bar moved across the screen. I was asked to select a directory. And where the SleepyTime or old CPAP folder was. I selected NO (since I do not have such data). By the time I inserted my SD card the progress bar completed and I was asked to select a directory. The lights on my SD card reader blinked for a while.
I don't understand why OSCAR would ask you for the path to OSCAR_Data again. When it asked you for a directory, it was probably wanting the SD card path, not the data path (which it should have remembered from before). You should insert the SD card into the reader before you click on the Import button.

Maybe OSCAR isn't finding your SD card. Try this: Click on Import icon, then click on Choose Folder. Point to the drive that the SD card is mounted on. See if that works better.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll need to look at your data. Could you do two things: Using OSCAR, select Help/Troubleshooting/Create zip of CPAP Data card and create a zip file of your data card. The select Help/Troubleshooting/Create zip of all OSCAR data to make a zip of your enter data folder. Upload both to my dropbox folder.

OSCAR Team

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm

I am sorry that I am not making myself clear.

I did reinstall Oscar 1.2.0 and recreate the profile yesterday.
The welcome (home) page does not look like that in the Help/Fisrt time use.
Clicking on the CPAP Importer icon on the home page does NOT ask me for the SD card directory but rather askes me to insert the SD card (which is already inserted).. the green progress bar is displays and moves up to 100%. The Find Directory (File Explorer box) is then displayed opened to the OSCAR)Data folder.

Windows File Explorer IS able to read the SD card.

Help/TroubleShoot/create Zip of SD card askes me to insert the SD card (it is already inserted), displays a green progress bar and then displays a dialog box titled, "Find Directory" and displays the contents of theOSCAR_Data folder. This contains : logs and Profiles folders, Preferences.xml and profiles.xml I am being asked to enter a Directory and have no idea what to specify as this is not the SD card. Clicking on "choose" closes this dialog box and returns me to the Welcome (home) page.

Looking at Help/Running Oscar for the first time, I do not see the blue navigation screen nor the "CPAP Data Located" dialog box which are depicted. It is as if I am running a different version of Oscar than that depicted in Help. I downloaded and installed Oscar from https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ for windows 10, 64bit. My installagion of Oscar does not behave as depicted.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:11 pm

DickBlaine wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm
Help/TroubleShoot/create Zip of SD card askes me to insert the SD card (it is already inserted), displays a green progress bar and then displays a dialog box titled, "Find Directory" and displays the contents of theOSCAR_Data folder. This contains : logs and Profiles folders, Preferences.xml and profiles.xml I am being asked to enter a Directory and have no idea what to specify as this is not the SD card. Clicking on "choose" closes this dialog box and returns me to the Welcome (home) page.

Looking at Help/Running Oscar for the first time, I do not see the blue navigation screen nor the "CPAP Data Located" dialog box which are depicted. It is as if I am running a different version of Oscar than that depicted in Help. I downloaded and installed Oscar from https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ for windows 10, 64bit. My installagion of Oscar does not behave as depicted.
Screen captures on the Wiki may be dated. Which page are you looking at?

It appears that OSCAR is not finding the SD card on your computer. Is your SD drive part of your computer or a USB add-on?

Try this: Click on the Import button. Wait for the green bar to complete and the "Find Directory" dialog to appear. This dialog is allowing you to specify where the SD card data is. Navigate that window until your SD card drive is selected and press OK. You need to select only the drive and not any files within it. OSCAR should then read the data from the SD card.

Or, for testing purposes, copy the entire SD card to some location of your choice on your hard drive. Now, when you import and the Find Directory dialog appears, navigate to the copy of the SD card on your hard drive. OSCAR is willing to read the card data from anywhere; you just have to tell it where if it can't figure it out itself.

Similarly, when you are trying to create a zip of the CPAP data card and the Find DIrectory dialog appears, navigate to where your SD card is and press OK

OSCAR Team

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am

Many thanks again ... you solved the problem ...

Screen captures on the Wiki may be dated. Which page are you looking at?

Help/Users Guide/Run Oscar for the first time:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.p ... first_time
Images and instructions do not agree with v 1.2.0

It appears that OSCAR is not finding the SD card on your computer. Is your SD drive part of your computer or a USB add-on?

SD card is built in.

Try this: Click on the Import button. Wait for the green bar to complete and the "Find Directory" dialog to appear. This dialog is allowing you to specify where the SD card data is. Navigate that window until your SD card drive is selected and press OK. You need to select only the drive and not any files within it.
OSCAR should then read the data from the SD card.

This worked. I now see statistics, daily, etc. Problem solved. Wiki is in need of updates..

Many thanks for all the time you spent with me. Much appreciated.
Dick

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:36 am

Glad you got it working.

The problem you are seeing is that OSCAR is not finding the SD drive on your computer. OSCAR scans for all possible removable drives and automatically checks every removable drive to see whether there is CPAP data on it. If it finds CPAP data, it offers you the opportunity to import it. For some reason, the scanning code is not identifying your SD drive as one to be checked for CPAP data. I don't know why that is happening but we do see reports like yours occasionally.

It doesn't help that the "Find Directory" dialog isn't clear about what you should be looking for. We will change the dialog title in the next release to make it clearer that you need to locate the SD card directory.

OSCAR Team

DickBlaine

Post by DickBlaine » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Thanks again and while you are at it, update the doumentation.
Dick Blaine