NozeSeal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Agar

NozeSeal

Post by Agar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi all,

I noticed in the new product section that a item called NOZESEAL is now available. At first I thought it was something that went with BLEEP, but a closer look shot that down. I ordered a trial set to use with nasal pillows. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this?
AirSense 10 Auto; Dreamwear nasal but still searching

zonker

Re: NozeSeal

Post by zonker » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Agar wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Hi all,

I noticed in the new product section that a item called NOZESEAL is now available. At first I thought it was something that went with BLEEP, but a closer look shot that down. I ordered a trial set to use with nasal pillows. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this?
i'm far too cheap to buy something like this.

besides, i don't have a sealing problem and could care less about strap marks.

let's see if anyone has tried them.

(but it DOES look like they have looked at the bleep and thought about it.)
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:18 pm

I have the new products section turned OFF.
I like that option.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am

Looks easy enough to DIY.

A small plastic strip with 2 slits for the cushions plus 3M Micropore tape to attach the rig to your face.

Say a foot of tape per day. 10 yards per roll. 1 roll per month. $10 per box for 12 rolls.

Vs $432 per year for this custom tape.

I think I saved you 80% the cost of a new CPAP machine :D :D :D
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:57 am

GrumpyHere wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am
Looks easy enough to DIY.

A small plastic strip with 2 slits for the cushions plus 3M Micropore tape to attach the rig to your face.

Say a foot of tape per day. 10 yards per roll. 1 roll per month. $10 per box for 12 rolls.

Vs $432 per year for this custom tape.

:lol:
Doggone it!
Now I need a fresh Depends.

Agar

Post by Agar » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 pm

GrumpyHere wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am

Yes you did. But I’m still out $8.32 for the trial package. :|

AND, I’m a newbie and am still searching for my true-love mask. I had no idea there are such a variety of options. I do have a Bleep system but so far it’s just a bad boyfriend; it’s ok but I don’t think I can stay with it. The nozeseal is really for a nasal pillow with no headgear, which I do not have. I sure don’t want to buy the entire kit. I didn’t even know it existed, except for Bleep. So, I need to quit shopping and learn more about my options. This forum is helping a bunch. Thanks!

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Agar wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 pm
AND, I’m a newbie and am still searching for my true-love mask. I had no idea there are such a variety of options. I do have a Bleep system but so far it’s just a bad boyfriend; it’s ok but I don’t think I can stay with it.
It's a bit pricy... like the high maintenance SO in my past :)
The nozeseal is really for a nasal pillow with no headgear, which I do not have. I sure don’t want to buy the entire kit. I didn’t even know it existed, except for Bleep. So, I need to quit shopping and learn more about my options. This forum is helping a bunch. Thanks!

The other no headgear option is Tap PAP.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tap-pa ... k-improved

Before being diagnosed with OSA, I tried stop my snoring with mouthpieces. But just wound up spitting them out every night. So not for me, thank you.

Kidding aside, if you want to seriously try the NozeSeal system (or the DIY :roll: version), the best bet is buying a P10 frame for $28 off Amazon.

If you clip off the strap guides above the catches, the frame will likely still work with the P10/N30 strap.

The rationale behind NozeSeal and Bleep is great, but the pricing just hits the pocketbook a bit hard.

New2me123

Post by New2me123 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:25 am

Oh wow!

My insurance only pays for a new pillow once every 3 months and am not sure if the bleep can be covered like that. This (or the homemade version, more like lol) might work as just something different that’s less claustrophobic than the dreamwear nasal can get when I sleep and wake up for extended periods during the night over a 15 hour period. I generally know before hand when I go to bed really early and some other signs that it’ll be one of those long nights where I’d appreciate not having head gear or something hugging my face.

I think I’ll look into nasal masks because I like those better that would work like this and see if I could get it to stick

OP, let us know how it goes!!

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:03 pm

New2me123 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:25 am
Oh wow!

My insurance only pays for a new pillow once every 3 months and am not sure if the bleep can be covered like that. This (or the homemade version, more like lol) might work as just something different that’s less claustrophobic than the dreamwear nasal can get when I sleep and wake up for extended periods during the night over a 15 hour period. I generally know before hand when I go to bed really early and some other signs that it’ll be one of those long nights where I’d appreciate not having head gear or something hugging my face.

I think I’ll look into nasal masks because I like those better that would work like this and see if I could get it to stick

Insurance usually covers the Bleep at the standard Medicare rate of 2 pillows a month. A box of Bleep DreamPorts, 16-night supply, counts as 1 pillow, so a month's supply is covered at the standard rate. Now, whether a particular DME will obtain the DreamPorts for you might be a different matter, but coverage SHOULD not be an issue. I will say, it did take me a couple of months of telephone calls and emails (multiple times per week!) to get my DME to carry the Bleep, but once they got it, I have not had an issue with them supplying me and filing insurance and they now have a number of patients using it.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:39 am

New2me123 wrote:
Oh wow!

What is your insurance? Medicaid

New2me123

Post by New2me123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Yep and through amerigroup specifically.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:26 pm

To determine actual coverage, contact the insurer.
Your DME may not know, but most certainly will make something up--usually wrong.

sherrygirl1

Post by sherrygirl1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:58 am

"Kidding aside, if you want to seriously try the NozeSeal system (or the DIY :roll: version), the best bet is buying a P10 frame for $28 off Amazon.

If you clip off the strap guides above the catches, the frame will likely still work with the P10/N30 strap."

That's just what I did! Worked great, but too expensive and my DME facility doesn't carry it. So trying out the Bleep (peculiar name!).

Agar

Post by Agar » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:17 pm

New2me123 wrote:
Oh wow!

I tried out NozeSeal last night. It worked with my dreamwear nasal pillows. It was a little clumsy to get the pillow through the hole. They really stayed in place during my left to right side tossing/sleeping. I think I might try it with the medium pillow because it seemed slightly pinched but not too horrible. Of course, I don’t want to pay so much for them and will attempt the DIY suggestion.

...and the search continues

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:29 pm

sherrygirl1 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:58 am
"Kidding aside, if you want to seriously try the NozeSeal system (or the DIY :roll: version), the best bet is buying a P10 frame for $28 off Amazon.

If you clip off the strap guides above the catches, the frame will likely still work with the P10/N30 strap."

That's just what I did! Worked great, but too expensive and my DME facility doesn't carry it. So trying out the Bleep (peculiar name!).
The Bleep/Dreamports are priced similarly. You need two boxes of DreamPorts per month.

But as bookfan says, if your insurance pays for pillows at 2 per month you're good to go.

Best of luck.