ResMed mask comfort & parts compatibility

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kmg2213

ResMed mask comfort & parts compatibility

Post by kmg2213 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 pm

I’m only a few months into using cpap and, for the most part, have done ok adjusting and using it all night most nights. But, uggggh mask discomfort!

I recently purchased the P10 to try but found both the xs and small pillows caused significant discomfort near my nasal passages along with painful clogged pores/zits near and just inside my nasal openings (the worst kind of pimples IMHO). Not sure if the humidifier might exacerbate this maybe but if I don’t use the humidifier the dry air seems to stuff up my nose.

Anyway, I’ve defaulted back to my AirTouch N20 (small) for now, but I’m thinking about trying the N30 as I really liked the quiet vent and minimal feel of the P10. I cannot return my P10 anymore so I was hoping some components of the N30 (cushion only or frame/cushion) might fit the P10 headgear/frame? I realize they aren’t exactly the same headgear part but they both appear to connect to the cushions and frame in the same fashion.

I was also curious if anyone with sensitive skin has tried these two - not sure if the N30 is worth trying even, or if the p10 and n30 have a lot of the same contact points under and near the nasal openings?

I’ve been really struggling to find the right mask with my extremely sensitive skin - even the Air touch N20 wrecked havoc on my skin for a week or two until I added the Pad a Cheek :/

Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

zonker

Re: ResMed mask comfort & parts compatibility

Post by zonker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 am

kmg2213 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 pm
I’m only a few months into using cpap and, for the most part, have done ok adjusting and using it all night most nights. But, uggggh mask discomfort!
welcome to the zoo!

finding the right mask is one of the most difficult quests on your cpap journey. some people take many tries. i was lucky and found the p10 on my fourth try.

my response isn't about the p10 vs whatever other mask. it's more along the lines of the p10. i was wondering if you had tried lansinoh lanolin cream? it won't harm the mask. the lanolin helps to sooth the skin and it's even slightly tacky so it can help somewhat in keeping the mask in place.

you can find it in the infant care aisle of grocery or drug store. it's used by nursing mothers to sooth sore nipples from breast feeding.

whatever you may find, i wish you good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

kmg2213

Post by kmg2213 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am

I haven’t yet, but thanks for the suggestion! I was a bit worried to try something that might degrade the mask or maybe encourage bacteria growth, but good to know it does not. Thanks much!

On a lighter note, my snuggle buddy pittie appreciates the p10 also because the quiet vent doesn’t blow onto her head or belly as she sleeps next to me compared to the n20 haha :)

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Half the forum has used Lansinoh at some time - I wouldn't worry a whole lot. :D