Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:00 pm

We got out first short of Moderna this morning. Now, I have to remember to schedule us for the second shot in four weeks. Some of the sites are scheduling the second dose when you get the first, but the site we used doesn't do that. It was a forty five minute drive to get there. I wasn't sure how long the lines would be or or how picky they would be with schedule time. We showed up 45 minutes early, and they took us right in and gave us our shots. We were out before our scheduled time. I will try to schedule our second shot there, although we can go to any of the state vaccination sites for our second shot.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Got an appt this coming Tues for my mom to get her 1st dose. Hopefully the supply will be there.

No news yet about me or my husband but right now I am just grateful that my mom can get covered. She's much more high risk than I am.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:44 pm

Finally got scheduled for next week for the first one. They've been slow around here to allow 65+'s to get vaccinated. Most likely a supply problem, although California has been one of the slower states to get vaccine doses that have been received into arms for some reason. Anyways, be nice to get the process going, been hunkered down now for almost a year.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 pm

I lucked into Moderna vaccination through my employer, which is a quasi-State institution in California. I just landed an appointment for my husband through our county public health agency. He’s 76, which for once is a great advantage. Kaiser hasn’t had supplies. Supply and distribution in CA aren’t good.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:33 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Supply and distribution in CA aren’t good.
not good in washington state, either. just found out that the supply we were looking for didn't come in.

just trying to remain calm and realize this will happen eventually.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Received my 2nd dose of Moderna on time. 1st dose symptoms: slightly sore arm, chills and very tired in the evening around 5pm. 2nd dose symptoms: Arm felt like I received a tetanus shot about 3 hours after injection. Around 8 pm I felt flush, chills, body aches and a horrible migraine. Flush and chills only lasted the evening that I received the 2nd dose. Body aches and migraine lasted 48 hours. All good now.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Zest Q

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 pm

Getting the vaccine tomorrow
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 pm

My wife and I are scheduled for our second dose of Pfizer on Thursday.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm

We had to postpone my mom's appt today.
Roads where we live are very icy and while the main roads have been treated....the road where I live is an ice skating rink and the street my mom lives on is the same.
Just not safe to drive and more freezing rain is in the forecast.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:00 pm

:(

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Roads where we live are very icy and while the main roads have been treated....the road where I live is an ice skating rink and the street my mom lives on is the same.
Where I live there are volunteers who take elderly people to doctor/dentist appointments and bring them home. And, yes, for a vaccine shot too. Driver and passenger must wear masks. Another organization uses mini buses which I think could handle the ice on the roads near your homes.

Another possibility... look in your Medicare handbook. Towards the back if I remember correctly are telephone numbers you can call if senior people need help for various reasons.

My sister, in FL, still hasn't been able to get a shot. She goes nowhere except to sit out on her patio. She thinks she is next in line but who knows. In another month we are into Spring.. no more ice on the roads. :)
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:51 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Where I live there are volunteers who take elderly people to doctor/dentist appointments and bring them home. And, yes, for a vaccine shot too. Driver and passenger must wear masks. Another organization uses mini buses which I think could handle the ice on the roads near your homes.

Another possibility... look in your Medicare handbook. Towards the back if I remember correctly are telephone numbers you can call if senior people need help for various reasons.

My sister, in FL, still hasn't been able to get a shot. She goes nowhere except to sit out on her patio. She thinks she is next in line but who knows. In another month we are into Spring.. no more ice on the roads. :)
Where we live and the small town that my mom lives in there is no real help like you mentioned.
My mom is at best wheelchair bound but mainly bed bound. Long story there. I am her transportation. There is nothing in her town that will make the 1 hour drive to Springfield for any medical appointments. Even if there were...my mom can't do much of anything for herself. She can't even walk to the bathroom with help.

I have a 4 wheel drive truck and while it is awesome in snow...it totally sucks on ice. Just the 30 minute drive from my house to hers would be dangerous for me and then we would of course take her car since there is no way she can get in my truck. She can barely get in her car. No way she can drive either.

We will get her back in line for the shot. Right now....we are getting even more freezing rain and a little south of me there are ice warnings. Next 10 days or so...they say we won't even see freezing temp as a high.

I just didn't want to take the risk of sliding off the road or having some crazy idiot crossing the center line and hitting us head on...and that did happen to 2 people here last night and both died.

Anyway....it just wasn't safe and we will reschedule and in the meantime still do what we have been doing to keep her safe as we can.

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:09 am

My wife and I got the first shot of the Pfizer today
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 am

I may put myself on the list in January 2052, if I remember.

buckc12

Post by buckc12 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes I have had the first shot, no problem at all. To have the second tomorrow evening. Hoping it will be the same. :)