OSCAR v1.2.0 is released 10/10/2020

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlueDragon

Re: OSCAR v1.2.0 is released 10/10/2020

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:33 am

That repository appears to be an old clone of the OSCAR repository from early in the days of testing release 1.1.0. So, yes, it's obsolete.

The development repository is in GitLab, here.

OSCAR relies on high resolution data for its graphs to help you analyze what is happening. For example, with the loader I am working on now, air flow data is recorded every 40 milliseconds. The Apex Easy Compliance manual (the name itself is a clue) mentions having data at 15 minute intervals.

It looks like the PAF file contains only compliance-related data and doesn't offer the type of detail OSCAR relies upon. The .csv file you uploaded appears also just to have compliance data.

Another member of the OSCAR team has been looking for .paf files for use with Apex's Easy Compliance software. Is it ok if I share your paf file with him?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

imrj

Post by imrj » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 am

yes please share away, fine with me, thank you

imrj

Post by imrj » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:05 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:33 am
That repository appears to be an old clone of the OSCAR repository from early in the days of testing release 1.1.0. So, yes, it's obsolete.

The development repository is in GitLab, here.

OSCAR relies on high resolution data for its graphs to help you analyze what is happening. For example, with the loader I am working on now, air flow data is recorded every 40 milliseconds. The Apex Easy Compliance manual (the name itself is a clue) mentions having data at 15 minute intervals.

It looks like the PAF file contains only compliance-related data and doesn't offer the type of detail OSCAR relies upon. The .csv file you uploaded appears also just to have compliance data.

Another member of the OSCAR team has been looking for .paf files for use with Apex's Easy Compliance software. Is it ok if I share your paf file with him?
any luck?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:31 pm

We're not looking at adding support for PAF files in OSCAR.

OSCAR Team

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Any plans to add support for the PR Trilogy 100, or the ResMed Astral 100/150 series?

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:54 pm

raisedfist wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:21 pm
Any plans to add support for the PR Trilogy 100, or the ResMed Astral 100/150 series?
We currently have no plans to support those advanced ventilators. Plans could change if one of our developers has one of those machines, but I do not anticipate that happening.

I have read that ResScan supports the Astral machines via a USB connection.

OSCAR Team

southerndoc

Post by southerndoc » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:02 pm

This may be a stupid question, but does Oscar run on macOS 11 with the new M1 Macs? I ask because I'm thinking of upgrading soon. My 9 year old iMac is about to bite the dust.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:58 pm

southerndoc wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:02 pm
This may be a stupid question, but does Oscar run on macOS 11 with the new M1 Macs? I ask because I'm thinking of upgrading soon. My 9 year old iMac is about to bite the dust.
Sorry, but we don't know whether OSCAR will run on the M1. No one has reported whether the emulator will run OSCAR.

OSCAR Team

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:21 pm

southerndoc wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:02 pm
UPDATE: We've received one report from the Netherlands that OSCAR works fine on a Mac Mini withg M1 processor: "I just wanted to report that with me Oscar works perfectly on a brand new Mac mini with M1 processor and the latest version of Mac OS Big Sur. To read the SD card I use a USB-C dongle which has several connectors including an SD card reader. All works fine."

OSCAR Team

Scott123

Post by Scott123 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 pm

I am seeing some very odd Oscar behavior - e.g. reduced types of event flags and the AHIs do not match what my machine is saying. Can someone please take a look at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=181163&p=1381204#p1381204 = the posts I made today (Sun April 4th) to determine if this is an Oscar issue or maybe something specific to the machine or settings?

A second issue, when I went to load my wife's data into Oscar, it is not recognizing her machine type (yes, the chip was from her ResMed machine they look very different and Oscar said it was a Respironics file structure). Oscar was taken down between reading mine and my wifes. I repeated that (quit Oscar, then tried to read the file again) and same error. Let me know if there is a work around.
oscarissue.jpg
oscarissue.jpg (211.32 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Thanks, Scott

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:34 am

I have answered your first question in your thread.

The screenshot shows that OSCAR found a SD card from a DreamStation. Click on Specify and navigate to the SD card for the ResMed machine is located.

I am not a Mac user, so if you really have the ResMed card inserted and OSCAR is saying it is a DreamStation card, look at the files on the card with Finder(?). There should be files named Identification.tgt, str.edf, and a DATALOG directory (among others). If those are there, is there also a directory named P-Series? If so, that suggests there is both ResMed and Dreamstation data on the same card. You don't want to have data from two different manufacturer's machines on the same data card and should delete (or rename) the P-Series directory so that OSCAR doesn't get misled by finding Dreamstation data before it looks to see if there is ResMed data present.

OSCAR Team

Scott123

Post by Scott123 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:31 am

BlueDragon,

Yes, on MACs you use finder instead of files but everyone should understand if you say go to the SD Card (disk, where ever) and look for.... Having been on Windows since it first came out (and DOS before that) and on a MAC for about 7 years, I don't even think about it, I just go to the folder/disk drive.

The P-SERIES directory was on both cards as well as Identification.crc, Identification.tgt, str.edf, and a DATALOG folder, a SETTINGS folder.

On my wife's profile, I changed the p-series folder name on both cards. Then I was able to load the data from both cards into her profile so her profile shows only ResMed data only.

Ok, it took several tries, but doing the opposite (making the p-series folder visible on both cards) finally got the ResMed data put on my profile. The first couple of times I had last night's dreamstation imported, deleted the days prior to that that showed as ResMed, but oscar keeps loading out ResMed data for those days. I don't know what finally fixed it, maybe deleting last night's data.

I have to say it is very weird they got mixed up.
It is like someone going into work, sitting at their co-worker's desk and working until lunch, then after lunch sitting at their own desk and thinking they had been at their own desk for the entire day until they can't find a file they saved on the co-worker's local machine - finding it only by everyone checking their local machines until the co-worker finds it. There are so much input that says what desk you are sitting on (e.g. the view of the room, if your favorite pencil/pen is there, what is on top of the desk/how files are arranged, etc.), it is hard to miss that information that says what desk you are sitting at. Yes, it could be done if you are tired, hung over, sick, stressed, too much going on that morning. But we only do Oscar when we are rested and feel good, have plenty of time, and during the middle of the day - doing one person's Oscar, really confirming the profile and the machine name that shows then the card is opened by Oscar, then putting that card back in before going to the next person's profile. Even if we miss a step, the cards look different and that is checked before putting it back into a machine.

However, now that I know it is fairly easy to fix up I might not be as vigilant about making sure all matches before loading a card or putting the card back into the machine. :lol:

BlueDragon, thanks for the help and quick response.

Flammablevapors

Post by Flammablevapors » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:55 am

I would like to know more about my sleep patterns and events during the night. I don't fully understand OSCAR and how it works. I am new to the CPAP world. Does the data download automatically or is there something I have to do? Where can I find more information on OSCAR?

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 am

Flammablevapors wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:55 am
I would like to know more about my sleep patterns and events during the night. I don't fully understand OSCAR and how it works. I am new to the CPAP world. Does the data download automatically or is there something I have to do? Where can I find more information on OSCAR?
welcome to the zoo!

click here for more info-

http://cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t172378/S ... STING.html

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

sidesleeper7

Post by sidesleeper7 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:33 am

where is the download? is this the best for analyzing data? better than sleepy head?
tx
ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Resmed Airfit N30 Mask