Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bobby269

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:28 am

I had the first Pfizer vaccination. On the 5th of Feb I receive the second. :mrgreen:
I hope that I have less aches and pains, headache for most of 21 days, upset intestines. :oops:

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1
Last edited by Bobby269 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Kaiser came through pretty well.

My husband is over 65, and at my suggestion he got on the website as soon as they opened it up for those over 65 and got an appointment for his first dose of Moderna pretty easily. Everyone on Nextdoor and at the dog park was complaining that they were told to CALL Kaiser for an appointment, and the hold waiting time was FIVE HOURS plus :shock: So he became the vaccine guru to everyone on our local Nextdoor and at the dog park, talking them through how to get appointments online. :lol: They seem to release appointments in batches, so our hint is if you are trying to do this on the Kaiser website, try in the evenings when they seem to release more appointments. He got his shot and while the process itself was pretty painless he sure is complaining about his arm.

Meanwhile I got to try out the Kaiser Covid testing process. I had lots of sneezing and nasal congestion on Thursday. I felt fine, but I consulted with my almost doctor daughter (she gets her DO in May--whoo hoo!!!) and she said if an allergy med didn't relieve it in a few hours I needed to isolate and test. I'd already taken the allergy med several hours earlier, so I had to schedule a test appointment for the next day. :cry:

They have it all set up as a drive through. The line moved pretty quickly. It was unpleasant, but I survived. And got my negative results today. YAY!!!!

I didn't think there was any way I could have Covid. We are VERY careful except that we did let almost doctor daughter visit in December and she is definitely exposed to Covid (with PPE) in her clinical rotations. She isolated before coming, tested negative while here, and I didn't leave the house for 20 days after she left, just to be certain because I don't want to get anyone else sick. And my symptoms were 22 days after she left--well past the incubation period. I'm very careful out of the house--mask, hand sanitizer, I pump gas with gloves on, etc.

The last few days sucked. I've been isolating in my daughter's room which is currently my home office--nothing like sleeping in your office!, and sitting in the dining room to eat away from family eating at the kitchen table, washing my own dishes, and sanitizing them in the dishwasher. I was wiping everything down with clorox, wearing a mask around the house and washing my hands a million times a day. I'm surprised there is still skin. I'm very glad it was all for naught, the opposite would have been terrible.

Now I just have to wait for my turn at the vaccine (next group) and I'm holding out slim hope that we might get to attend my daughter's medical school graduation in person (unlikely, though).
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:01 pm

I am eagerly awaiting the appointment for my "Fauci ouchie".
We signed up a week ago, still no call back . . .

alancalan

Post by alancalan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:18 pm

poppi2 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:17 pm
I was lucky to check online exactly when some slots opened. My wife and I got our first jab on Jan 14. February 11 can't come soon enough. Surprisingly, there was not much traffic in line for the shot.
Stay well.
So you got the moderna? I got the Pfizer on Friday 1/22 and they gave ne a 2/19 date for the second shot, 4 weeks later but it is supposed to be 3 weeks for Pfizer. I have been tired since. AHIs between .60 and 1.8 but not a lot of sleep, usually under 6 hours. My time over leak redline is between 7 and 25% but 1/13 and 1/14 I was 33 and 39 with 4.5 hours of sleep. However, very little time in apnea. I definitely need to go to bed earlier. I have the s9 auto vpap and the P10 mask. Best apnea numbers I have ever done. There was a time when I tried a Fisher Paykil full face mask and the AHIs were in the 20s and 30s but averaged out to the 7 or 8 with the mirage activa. These new machines that variably adjust are so much better. I am in Delray Beach, FL

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:35 pm

alancalan wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:18 pm
So you got the moderna? I got the Pfizer on Friday 1/22 and they gave ne a 2/19 date for the second shot, 4 weeks later but it is supposed to be 3 weeks for Pfizer.
Yes, we got the Moderna. Depending on the supply, I'm guessing that some 2nd shots may be delayed.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Doris and i got our first dose (Pfizer) yesterday @Vanderbilt & scheduled for second on 2/14/

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Keep missing when shots are available. All open slots fill up in 15 min.
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:55 pm

My 2nd dose is suppose to be on 2/5/21. Doesn't look like that is going to happen on time. Out of vaccines.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Zest Q

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:54 am

We get the first injection at 1:00 tomorrow. Daughter (an educator) got her first shot last Friday. She felt great after.. no hint of a problem.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Still waiting for the phone call, so I have to answer every wretch who wants to sell me
maintenance for our 11-year old car, or whatever unusable/undesirable/unaffordable
cr@p they can find.
If any try to call back--they are blocked!
If I could, I would bill them for a share of my phone bill.

khauser

Post by khauser » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:45 pm

... and it happened! Showed up for my appt, was very quick. National Guard was controlling it at local school. Everyone stays in their car. Got vaccine and it was suggested to hang for 15 minutes in case of allergic response (which I did), and then off I went.

Hope round 2 goes as well!

(NH got this one much better than for instance, MA, right across the border)

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:33 pm

finally got my wife and i on the list!

have no idea when more vaccine becomes available, but i feel much better at least knowing i'm going to get it eventually.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

khauser

Post by khauser » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am

khauser wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:45 pm
... and it happened! Showed up for my appt, was very quick. National Guard was controlling it at local school. Everyone stays in their car. Got vaccine and it was suggested to hang for 15 minutes in case of allergic response (which I did), and then off I went.

... but I won't be able to get the 2nd shot until 3/24, about a month after ideal.

Win some, lose some.

southerndoc

Post by southerndoc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:30 pm

khauser wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am
khauser wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:45 pm

... but I won't be able to get the 2nd shot until 3/24, about a month after ideal.

Win some, lose some.
There is evidence that you start developing antibodies at day 10. So if you get COVID, you'll probably have enough of an antibody response to prevent death or serious complications.

azpapa

Post by azpapa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Friday morning for first shot.