Switched machines w/family member and new machine feels weird

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoomzoom

Switched machines w/family member and new machine feels weird

Post by zoomzoom » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 pm

I switched my older autoset 10 for her with a family member's identical machine because their machine for some reason did not do auto start and stop well. Mine does.

However, despite going into the clinical settings and setting everything up identically for my "new" machine as it was previously, this new machine feels almost lighter in air intensity, if that makes any sense.

When I put the mask on and started breathing on my old machine, I felt a sudden rush of air and it really felt like "things were happening." With the new machine, sometimes I can't even tell if air is being pushed (it is, which I can easily check by removing the mask).

The machines are only about a year apart from each other so it's not like my old machine was 5 years old or something.

It just feels like my old machine was actually doing something and my new machine is not despite every single setting changed to match that of my old machine.

I also wanted to ask if there would be any issues by changing exchanging the SD card with the machines (so that the correct SD card stays with the correct person) with respect to OSCAR and so my doctor would be able to get my metrics during my annual checkups.

Is the machine feeling/behavior normal?

LSAT

Re: Switched machines w/family member and new machine feels weird

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Is your machine set to Autoset or For Her in the settings area. If the 2 are not the same it could make a difference.

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:10 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:33 pm
Is your machine set to Autoset or For Her in the settings area. If the 2 are not the same it could make a difference.
Yes it is set for her; I confirmed again that every single setting is set the same in the clinical menu options between the two machines

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

zoomzoom wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 pm
so my doctor would be able to get my metrics during my annual checkups.
Most doctors and DMEs are now using myAir. They don't download the card.
zoomzoom wrote:
With the new machine, sometimes I can't even tell if air is being pushed (it is, which I can easily check by removing the mask).
Is there a problem?

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 pm

zoomzoom wrote:
I also wanted to ask if there would be any issues by changing exchanging the SD card with the machines (so that the correct SD card stays with the correct person) with respect to OSCAR and so my doctor would be able to get my metrics during my annual checkups.
I'm gonna say no issues, go ahead and switch IF you haven't already.

Also keep in mind the card could have the script on it.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 pm

If you switch cards watch the LCD screen carefully to see if the machine is okay with having 2 different machine's data on the one card.
I haven't tested this but past ResMed machines wouldn't let you do it. I keep meaning to test it out but just haven't got around to doing it.

Respironics machines don't care what is on the SD card but I haven't really tested the AirSense/AirCurve models to see if they care or not.

Watch the LCD screen...if it cares and doesn't like it you will get some sort of message about the card being invalid or not working or something.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:09 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm
zoomzoom wrote:
so my doctor would be able to get my metrics during my annual checkups.
Most doctors and DMEs are now using myAir. They don't download the card.
zoomzoom wrote:
With the new machine, sometimes I can't even tell if air is being pushed (it is, which I can easily check by removing the mask).
Is there a problem?
Not necessarily a problem, but just doesn't feel "right," as I've been used to the feel of the older machine if that makes any sense.

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 pm
If you switch cards watch the LCD screen carefully to see if the machine is okay with having 2 different machine's data on the one card.
I haven't tested this but past ResMed machines wouldn't let you do it. I keep meaning to test it out but just haven't got around to doing it.

Respironics machines don't care what is on the SD card but I haven't really tested the AirSense/AirCurve models to see if they care or not.

Watch the LCD screen...if it cares and doesn't like it you will get some sort of message about the card being invalid or not working or something.
This is a good point. I don't think I have noticed any errors on the screen with the SD cards.
SleepGeek wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 pm
zoomzoom wrote:
I'm gonna say no issues, go ahead and switch IF you haven't already.

Also keep in mind the card could have the script on it.
I don't think the card has the RX on it since one of the machines did not even originally come with a card! I had to fight with the DME to get it lol

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 pm

Maybe tell relative that you want to switch back. Just a thought.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system