Air in eye sockets?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AeroScout

Post by AeroScout » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:30 pm

This was one of the main reasons that I recently went to the "Total Face" type of mask, cold or no cold I have always had the same problem since going the FFM route on higher pressures. Only been a couple of weeks, but so far so good...Tear duct venting problem solved and a Lot fewer mask leaks too...Does take some getting used too, but overall I'm very happy with it, and it looks like I may have actually found the right setup for myself.

Scout

pedroski

Tear Duct Venting

Post by pedroski » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:55 pm

I had this happen once and it freaked me right out. I was using a Resmed Full Face mask on 14 cpap, and I wasn't sure what it was until I read this post. It was very uncomfortable but I perservered and it lasted about 60 minutes. Since then I haven't had it again, but I now use a Swift 2 mask.

Somewhat reilieved

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:41 am

I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and was shocked at what I saw. My upper eyelids were nealry hanging over my eye lashes. I was about ready to go to the ER as its Sunday and New Year's Eve so I figured I'd have no chance at getting a doctor. I decided to google CPAP and swollen eye lids and found this post. I'm using the ResMed S8 at 14 inches and a Invigor8 full face mask.

I'm kind of upset with my doctor / equipment supplier. They did not inform me of any of the possible side effects of using this thing. I've been on it for sixteen days now and have used it every night without fail. The first morning I woke up with severe abdominal pain and discovered my stomach was about twice its normal size. Since then I've been researching the net some for other possible problems but never heard of this one until this morning. Thanks for the info. I'll be back.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:45 pm

Have you considered that your pressure may just be set higher than necessary (with this mask)? Could you try lowering it somewhat tonight? Bloated stomachs (and eyelids?) are usually the result of aerophagia (swallowing air) which can happen if pressures are too high.

KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:11 am

Every so often I wake up and am unable to wear my contacts (for the day). I think this is from small leaks of air from my ComfortFull 2 full face mask near my eyes. When I go to sleep, I make sure that there are no leaks, but if I move around, the mask will leak.

Kimberly