Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rexlan

Re: Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

Post by Rexlan » Fri May 10, 2019 11:05 am

We agree .... I can barely control myself and the wife says I am out of control (which is a complete lie of course) :lol:

Bill your insurance yourself and see if they will give you 50% back out of network. Or have the local DME bill it as I suggested and pay the difference which is not too much.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am

Medicare doesn't let the patient bill directly except for rare circumstances and then only once per lifetime.
Pretty sure most Medicare Advantage plans are the same...they mimic Medicare whenever they can especially when it screws the patient.

Now apparently Medicare patients can have 2 DMEs if they wish if they live outside a competitive bidding area. I just found this out but know no other particulars.
But all billing and filing of any Medicare eligible fees MUST be made through the provider for Medicare to pay for it...as in either pay the provider directly or reimburse the patient if the provider doesn't accept assignment. Most DMEs will accept assignment though...they wouldn't have much business if they didn't because there's always someone around the corner supplying the same stuff that will accept assignment.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 10, 2019 11:26 am

So while Nationwide doesn't score any points for customer service using the website to drum up new business...it is the ONLY DME online that we have found who have agreed to supply the Bleep AND file insurance in lieu of payment.
Far from perfect we know but right now....our only option on a mass scale. No one else will.

Now if someone can get their local DME to furnish the product and bill insurance...more power to you and congratulations because it's not common place. Always ask....if you don't ask then the answer is always no.
Maybe later once the Bleep becomes a more established product and people request it often and push back against the local DMEs who are being horses asses about it...things will change. For right now our choices are limited and maybe not the best choice but when it is the only choice...makes it the best of what choices we have. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rexlan

Post by Rexlan » Fri May 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am
Medicare doesn't let the patient bill directly except for rare circumstances and then only once per lifetime.
Pretty sure most Medicare Advantage plans are the same...they mimic Medicare whenever they can especially when it screws the patient.
See my post on page 1 ... I have a much different result with my BCBS Advantage plan.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Rexlan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:13 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am
See my post on page 1 ... I have a much different result with my BCBS Advantage plan.
I am happy for you. Mine isn't so obliging. Mine even has a perpetual rental for a cpap machine.
Not a deal breaker for me as I have never used my insurance for a machine anyway. I chose it for other reasons than cpap stuff.
Since there are so many variables with Medicare Advantage plans I always tell people to examine their plan's coverage under a microscope so there aren't any ugly surprises. Don't assume that because one person's plan does so and so that all plans do the same. They don't.

My own mother had a BCBS Advantage plan...I hate them for what they did to her last year. Long story that I won't go into but I wouldn't have one from them even if it covered everything for me 100%. They really pissed me off.
I got her switched last fall during open enrollment. Much happier with what we have now for her.

Rexlan

Post by Rexlan » Fri May 10, 2019 3:35 pm

That's some of what I can't get my head around because all of the insurance must meet Medicare minimums and the CPAP stuff is clear on what is and is not covered as well as frequency. BCBS tried to screw me around and I got right in their face. They didn't back down but the section leader called and we have had several good chats and I'm winning. She know I mean business and I am a pain in the butt if they mess around. She can get stuff done and if you, the subscriber, know what you are talking about, have the codes and diagnostic codes they can't say no. At first as soon as they hiccuped I instantly said appeal and that they DO NOT like so they tend to friendly up. When they get a few denials I will file a complaint with Medicare for not following their guidelines.

They also record every call and each one with a rep is indexed and has a session number assigned. Be sure to get that number. I had that thrown at me once and found out the associate was not making all of the notes ... got caught.

I had Humana last year and think I preferred them. BCBS may be too big and I completely agree they will waffle at every opportunity. I am a Viet Nam Vet and paid my way through life. All I want now is what I earned - nothing more and nothing less is acceptable.

OK - rant mode off so I'm out - Miller Time ... :lol: :lol:

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 pm

I have been on the Bleep for a little over 1 week. I have had good nights and not so good nights. About every night on all the other masks I have tried have mostly been not so good.

How much would I pay? Humm! Good question! I just spent probably 1/2 our more in a Zoom meeting with Stuart the inventor and CEO. He gave me lots of suggestions and tips on how to make it work better. Then he even told me to get back with him at the end of the week and let him know how things are going. So, if I had to pay for that kind of one-on-one service from a doctor/NP that probably doesn't know nearly as much then it probably would have been $150-300.

I say all this because I may over the long haul pay a bit more on a daily basis, but to have someone with with Stuart's expertise and experience available makes it worth it if it gives some good sleep and a decent quality of life.

There are lots of things I am willing to sacrifice, but restorative sleep is not one of them.

Everyone has to decide for himself/herself what has highest priority. I realize not everyone has a choice and has to what is best for them.

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 am

It is possible that I need to lower my pressure on the Bleep. I was at 14-15, but talked with Stuart and he recommended lowering it some since my AHI were very low. So I lowered it to 9-13. I still have almost zero leaks and my AHI is consistently .7 and under. It has been 4 days. I still feel like total crud. I know it can take time, but I am just worn out after trying to get the CPAP thing right for 18 or so months. I really like the Bleep and want it to work for me. I have tried at least 10 other masks with no success because they leaked a lot and kept me awake.

I wake up around 4:00-5:00 with an adrenaline rush. I am also having more tummy problems. I haven no idea why. I am not anxious about anything, but my body sure thinks it is. I am so tired and I an not getting enough sleep because I then cannot get back to sleep. I would give you OSCAR data, but my home computer just friend and I can't put it on the work computer. I thought about continuing to lower the max pressure and maybe sacrifice a little of the AHIs. I was originally titrated with a full face mask while on my back. With the Bleep, I am generally on my side or even my stomach. I sleep really good until about 4:00.

Could a pressure that is too high cause this? I have read that people needed less pressure with the Bleep. Any thoughts?

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Sissy63 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 am
It is possible that I need to lower my pressure on the Bleep. I was at 14-15, but talked with Stuart and he recommended lowering it some since my AHI were very low. So I lowered it to 9-13. I still have almost zero leaks and my AHI is consistently .7 and under. It has been 4 days. I still feel like total crud. I know it can take time, but I am just worn out after trying to get the CPAP thing right for 18 or so months. I really like the Bleep and want it to work for me. I have tried at least 10 other masks with no success because they leaked a lot and kept me awake.

I wake up around 4:00-5:00 with an adrenaline rush. I am also having more tummy problems. I haven no idea why. I am not anxious about anything, but my body sure thinks it is. I am so tired and I an not getting enough sleep because I then cannot get back to sleep. I would give you OSCAR data, but my home computer just friend and I can't put it on the work computer. I thought about continuing to lower the max pressure and maybe sacrifice a little of the AHIs. I was originally titrated with a full face mask while on my back. With the Bleep, I am generally on my side or even my stomach. I sleep really good until about 4:00.

Could a pressure that is too high cause this? I have read that people needed less pressure with the Bleep. Any thoughts?

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 pm

After thinking about this and trying to problem solve today. I think maybe it isn't that the max of 13 is to high, but the min of 9 is way to low for me. Even though my AHI is low, I have been getting up at night to go to the bathroom. I haven't done that is months. So, instead of lowering the max, I am going to increase the min. I am a very light sleeper and I wonder if the changes in pressure are waking me up.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Info
There is a link on ebay that sells the mask for 33.95 and the ports for 23.00. The price drops the more of each you purchase.
On the 23 of June. I will have information about receiving this mask from the VA. :D

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:04 pm

booksfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:09 pm
This is just off the top of my head, without really thinking it through, so the actual if it came right down to it answer might be different. I'm thinking probably about 50 cents a night, just because that's getting close to $200/year ($180). I don't work, my husband is getting ready to retire. I would have to buy my back up nasal pillows out of pocket. Hubby is also on CPAP and RARELY replaces his supplies (like less than once a year :shock: ), so doesn't bother to do it through insurance because it's more trouble to do it that way. BUT, and it is a big but...the Bleep has been a HUGE success for me in my 15 months of CPAP therapy! I just found out yesterday (after 6 weeks of back and forth with my DME) that they finally got authorization to ship to me and I'm all set to receive my Bleep shipments! I am SO excited. But would I have sucked it up otherwise? Part of me thinks (knows) that, at least for a while, yes, I would have. I really am that happy with. Which pretty much makes nonsense of this entire post and the 50 cents/night! :roll:
So, it's interesting that this popped back up again and I saw my answer from last year. It was great for a while after that while I had my great insurance...It was very reasonable for a three month supply of ports! Unfortunately, my insurance changed for the worse (seriously worse!) and I am now paying about 3x more for a 1 month supply! About $1.25/day with the insurance :( So a lot of the time I buy on sale and with a promo code from an online vendor for about $1/day. I refuse to think about the yearly cost because the Bleep is the ONLY mask I have used that actually works for me. So I just suck it up. And sleep.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 pm

booksfan wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:04 pm
I refuse to think about the yearly cost because the Bleep is the ONLY mask I have used that actually works for me. So I just suck it up. And sleep.
That's pretty much where I am at. My insurance would pay but my DME won't order it and Nationwide will file insurance but my insurance is out of network. As long as it doesn't take food off the table then I will just suck it up and deal with it. I look at it as not being any different than having to take a pill that costs that much a day.
When I feel better I plan to sic my insurance on my DME for not providing me what I want. I just haven't had the energy to take up that battle yet but it's on my list of things to do. If for no other reason than to annoy them.

Long day's journey

Post by Long day's journey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks so much Pugsy for posting the number and the information. After jumping through hoops, I just got word from Nationwide today that everything's approved and I'll get my first shipment of Bleep supplies soon. No more paying out of pocket, just the 20% copay.

There was a local DME that I tried to talk into providing the Bleep supplies, trying the argument that they'll get more revenue because there's no reusing the Dreamports. The customer service representative sounded like she could care less. They lost my business--I should probably email/contact them to let them know that.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Long day's journey wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 pm
They lost my business--I should probably email/contact them to let them know that.
Ooh, that totally sounds like something I would do! "Just want to have you take me off your list...I found another DME who will meet my needs."

In fact, I did do that...with a car salesman! You should have heard him backpedaling. Wh..what do you mean you BOUGHT a car?! (I drove HIS car for a 3-day extended test drive :lol: ) Do you mind if I ask what you paid? No, as a matter of fact that's fine...I got exactly the deal I proposed to you! That you said could not be made. Guess the other dealer thought it was worth the sale! Deal done in 1 hour, immediately after leaving the first dealership.

Glad you are all set with the Bleep!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet