Where to source AirSense 10 Autoset for Her parts in Canada or USA?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrCanoehead

Where to source AirSense 10 Autoset for Her parts in Canada or USA?

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm

I bought a second hand ResMed unit, which would kill me if I used it because it smells of Willie Nelson. It comes apart really easily with a number 10 Torx.I cleaned everything in the air path with mild dish soap and then isopropyl alcohol. All the hard plastic parts don't smell anymore, but I need to replace the two pictured parts because they are still stinky.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a part supplier in Canada (preferred) or the USA.
resmed parts annotated.jpeg
resmed parts annotated.jpeg (58.79 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Last edited by mrCanoehead on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Re: Where to source AirSense 10 Autoset for Her parts in Canada or USA?

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Factory service center. The foam is easy, just clean with dish detergent, then rinse with alcohol.

The silicone is harder, because it absorbs smells, you can try boiling it in water with baking soda. (it won't hurt the silicone, and just may cause the stench to leave it.

Some people boil mask cushions to restore their like new behavior on a regular basis.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:50 pm

I've learned of a new method that allegedly gets the smell out of silicone, but haven't tried yet.

Bake the smell out. So long as it is silicone it will do well in temperatures well about 250.
  1. Wash silicone with dish soap
  2. Preheat your oven to 250 (f)
  3. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes
  4. Remove and give it the sniff test
  5. If it still smells, place back in oven for 10 minutes
  6. Repeat, until smell is gone
Let me know how you make out with the Silicone baking (or other methods you try).

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:25 pm
Factory service center.
The one that can be reached at 1-800-424-0737? Do you have personal experience with getting parts from them? They told me I'm not qualified to install parts in a "medical device." They were not super interested in helping me.
try boiling it in water with baking soda.
I did that for half an hour, it seemed to help. I put it back in the pot just now for another hour, helped but it's still not usable.
Last edited by mrCanoehead on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 pm
sorry, not canada, but our sponsor-

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine-parts-all
Thanks, they can't supply any internal parts. They said to call ResMed or check eBay. I found an eBay supplier but they are providing take-offs from used machines, risk of getting another smelly part is high.
Last edited by mrCanoehead on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:50 pm
I've learned of a new method that allegedly gets the smell out of silicone, but haven't tried yet.

Bake the smell out. So long as it is silicone it will do well in temperatures well about 250.

Let me know how you make out with the Silicone baking (or other methods you try).
So far I've tried:

1. Running a cleaning rod with a patch soaked in isopropyl alcohol, up the intake pipe.
2. Replacing the air outlet, part number 37310. (That needed to be done and it's a good part number to know. That one is easy to get, the DME gave me two for free. I think that's because I pointed out that the manual says they need to replace it on their trial machines with every customer, which was news to them.)
3. Putting a container of Ozium next to the intake and running the machine for a day.
4. Putting the container of Ozium and the machine in a plastic storage box, and running it for a day.
5. Putting the machine and a bag of activated charcoal from Lee Valley in a plastic storage box, and running it for a day.
6. Boiling with baking soda.

It's in the oven now at 250.
Last edited by mrCanoehead on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Will acbio.com sell those parts?
A representative of Accurate Biomed is a forum member.
I would certainly call them and ask.
800-376-5660

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Poor Old Willie spent a lot of Money perfecting that Smell, before Taxes of Course. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:

Has anyone told you that you are a genius? I baked it for an hour at 250 F and the smell is almost undetectable. Thank you so much! I have to clean the oven now because the smell transferred to the oven walls. I'd recommend a cheap toaster oven instead of your wife's oven.

I am quite concerned about the supply issues with these ResMed machines in Canada. How can this company not have a repair facility in Canada? Why can't anyone buy parts? The Ontario government should not fund any machines that can't be fixed in this country. And the government should mandate spare parts availability, particularly for silicone boots that absorb smells. The DME I spoke to said that it is pointless to send anything to the ResMed Georgia facility because the cost of repair exceeds the cost of a new machine.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:43 pm

mrCanoehead wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:

Has anyone told you that you are a genius?
oh, god, no. now we have to live with THAT?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, the boy knows his onions and i'm glad it worked for you!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm

mrCanoehead wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 pm
I am quite concerned about the supply issues with these ResMed machines in Canada. How can this company not have a repair facility in Canada? Why can't anyone buy parts? The Ontario government should not fund any machines that can't be fixed in this country. And the government should mandate spare parts availability, particularly for silicone boots that absorb smells. The DME I spoke to said that it is pointless to send anything to the ResMed Georgia facility because the cost of repair exceeds the cost of a new machine.
So, you can nip down to the corner store and buy parts for other medical devices in canada?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm

It's a fan, not a pacemaker.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 pm

mrCanoehead wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm
It's a fan, not a pacemaker.
Medical Device

mrCanoehead

Post by mrCanoehead » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:33 am

Like an electric toothbrush though. You can buy a gun without any licence in your country, and I can't buy a $5 silicone boot? Same procedure for reinstalling the one I cleaned, as installing a new one.