Where A CPAP Newbie Should Start

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Buffalo77

Re: Where A CPAP Newbie Should Start

Post by Buffalo77 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:40 pm

I just registered. I have trouble adding the name of my CPAP machine because I couldn't find my brand name on the drop-down menu.
CPAP: Flex Remstar Pro 460 with Swift FX For Her nose pillow and generic headgear

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Go to your profile. You can add your machine as text under comments.

Buffalo77

Post by Buffalo77 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Testing to see if it works....
CPAP: Flex Remstar Pro 460 with Swift FX For Her nose pillow and generic headgear

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Looks pretty good...

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 am

CountingSheep wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:36 am
First link is dead...
I am NOT!

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

juniperhills

Post by juniperhills » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:56 am

I am a newbie. This is not a reply, but a post.

I've recently had to replace my 5 year old CPAP machine. When provided with a new one, I asked what I could do with the old one. I was told it cannot be rebuilt or reassigned to another user. The suggestion was to throw it at the dump as it cannot be recycled.

I assume there are thousands of Canadians with sleep disorders who use CPAP machines. As you know these are expensive machines made of plastic. The world is pressuring plastic manufacturers and users to recycle all plastics. Consequently, why is there no established method for recycling these machines and their components. As well, why can't they be recalibrated and reassigned to people who cannot afford such devices.

The Canadian Government claims to be at the forefront of recycling, etc... in their efforts to address climate change. However, this question seems to not have been addressed.

The CPAP industry is a multi-million dollar operation which I believe should be looked into.

In the meantime I don't know what to do with my old machine and I can't bring myself to put it in the garbage for landfill.

Suggestions are welcome.

jp

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 am

My June 2nd sleep study showed mild apnea, and I picked up my CPAP machine yesterday and managed to make it 5 hours last night before I gave in and took it off. I found this forum about a week ago and began reading, especially about getting used to the machine and mask. I still have lots of reading to do and plan to delve into the videos. Given that I was basically handed the machine and given verbal instructions, I can only hope I'm using it correctly. I guess the software will tell them that. I'm supposed to get a call in a few days to check on things.

Many, many thanks to all of you who have taken time to post here with tips and advice. Your tips and advice are greatly appreciated.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm

While you are on your own understand that you are not alone.

Here is to the realistic idea of a future of restful, restorative, and wonderful sleep every night.

RosiesSister

Post by RosiesSister » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 pm

Every link I click on says "page not found" or "under construction"... Is it just me?

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Some of those links are 11 years old. You may have to get a little creative in your searching.

RosiesSister

Post by RosiesSister » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I just made my first post, but accidentally pushed the "save as draft" button, and now I don't know how to find it and post it. Advice?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 pm

To get to a draft message, go to our user control panel and click on "Manage drafts". Then click on "Load Draft". After it loads, you can edit it or click on "Submit" which will post it.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

katebrownell86

Post by katebrownell86 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:28 am

I have just joined CPAPtalk and I am hopeful to get some helpful advice.

Guiniviere

Post by Guiniviere » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 am

I am 3 weeks new to cpap devices. My DME presented me with a Respironics Dreamstation. No discussion about alternatives (prescription is E0610 = generic)and no guidance on the settings, except to state that altering the settings is illegal. Thanks to this forum and the apnea board forum, I have learned so much that I am pretty sure I would be better off with the ResMed for Her. My question is: am I within my rights asking my supplier to let me try a different machine? I would like to know this before I approach them. I have Medicare and a very good secondary.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 am

Guiniviere wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 am
I am 3 weeks new to cpap devices. My DME presented me with a Respironics Dreamstation. No discussion about alternatives (prescription is E0610 = generic)and no guidance on the settings, except to state that altering the settings is illegal. Thanks to this forum and the apnea board forum, I have learned so much that I am pretty sure I would be better off with the ResMed for Her. My question is: am I within my rights asking my supplier to let me try a different machine? I would like to know this before I approach them. I have Medicare and a very good secondary.
Welcome to the forum.

You might want to start a new topic of your own with your questions. A lot of people don't bother reading this particular thread as it is very old and mainly supposed to be a read only thread. People will miss your questions up here.

You are within your rights to ask for anything you want....now getting the DME to be helpful....whole other story.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.