First night went really well!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Static1

First night went really well!!!

Post by Static1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 am

Hey guys! Just used my CPAP for the first time last night and I was just wondering how normal it is to have a good night the very first time? It did feel a little claustrophobic at first and the resistance to exhaling took me by surprise but I quickly got used to it. I went to sleep pretty quickly and only woke up once when I rolled over and pulled the air hose out. I feel really great today and hope that this is a good omen. Looking back, I suspect that I had sleep apnea since I was a child as I always felt tired and had dark circles under my eyes since I was a teen. I really am optimistic about this and hope that this is a new beginning. :D

ChicagoGranny

Re: First night went really well!!!

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 am

Static1 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 am
how normal it is to have a good night the very first time?
It's more common than we might think. People that "hit the ground running" don't usually seek out and join a help forum. We get a biased view here.

Congratulations! Great attitude!

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:40 am

Static1 wrote:
Hey guys! Just used my CPAP for the first time last night and I was just wondering how normal it is to have a good night the very first time? It did feel a little claustrophobic at first and the resistance to exhaling took me by surprise but I quickly got used to it. I went to sleep pretty quickly and only woke up once when I rolled over and pulled the air hose out. I feel really great today and hope that this is a good omen. Looking back, I suspect that I had sleep apnea since I was a child as I always felt tired and had dark circles under my eyes since I was a teen. I really am optimistic about this and hope that this is a new beginning. :D
welcome to the zoo! every now and then, we get someone dropping by to tell us it went well from the start. but, as granny says, we usually hear from those that don't.

good job on your quick adaptation.

if you have any therapy questions, don't hesitate to ask.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 am

If exhaling is a problem, there's a feature on your machine that can help - EPR (exhalation pressure relief) can be set from (I believe) 1 to 3 if not more and you can try different ones to see what works. As a result of using it, AHI may come up 1-2 cms, but also may be worth it if it helps and your AHI is not already 'too' high.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:08 am

Julie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 am
If exhaling is a problem, there's a feature on your machine that can help - EPR (exhalation pressure relief) can be set from (I believe) 1 to 3 if not more and you can try different ones to see what works. As a result of using it, AHI may come up 1-2 cms, but also may be worth it if it helps and your AHI is not already 'too' high.
OP said they're already used to it, but more importantly:

AHI is NOT measured in 'cms', please don't confuse newbies.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:31 am

OK

Static1

Post by Static1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! I look forward to spending a lot of time here.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Static1 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:23 pm
I look forward to spending a lot of time here.
Always wear your snark shield.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Static1 wrote:
Great news, FEW new users are that lucky!

If you think a single night was good, WAIT til you've had a week, then a month, of good nights, you'll be dancing on the ceiling. ;)
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:03 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:00 pm
Static1 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:23 pm
I look forward to spending a lot of time here.
Always wear your snark shield.
snark?!?!? here?

shockedkoala.jpg
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jennymar

Post by jennymar » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Static1 wrote:
Great!! I just had my second night last night, I wish I could have slept longer but I know I had much better sleep than before! The mask takes some getting use to as well.BTW love your husky! I use to have one too, loved her.

multicast

Post by multicast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:38 am

Static1 wrote:
I really am optimistic about this and hope that this is a new beginning. :D
Same as my story, felt like brand new from the start. Feel free to feel like Superman or Superwoman. That machine takes the kryptonite away from you.

Mike

Static1

Post by Static1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Second night went really well with the exception of the mask leaking. I ordered a medium FFM but now realize that it should have been a large. I called cpap.com and they were wonderful. Jenmar, i used to have two huskies! They are the greatest dogs and they both still have a place in my heart! BTW, I feel absolutely great today! :D

djams

Post by djams » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Static1 wrote:
I really am optimistic about this and hope that this is a new beginning. :D
Congratulations.

Attitude is everything - you're gonna do great. :D

There will be challenges along the way, this forum can help you through just about anything.

jennymar

Post by jennymar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:30 pm

I am having a problem with leaks as well. Maybe I should try a large mask too! My husky's name was Shadow.

60866_735966036414772_34430682_n.jpg (4.38 KiB) Viewed 4410 times