Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dreaming1

Re: Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

Post by Dreaming1 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 am

Forgot to check where they're manufactured from. China? A bit of plastic and tape should not be this expensive.
There’re made in the USA. Not bleeping China! Thank God for a change, a company kept something in the states. All the other MeatHead crap on the market is made overseas in sweatshops, paying some lady the equivalent of a nickel a day. I would support that at $1/day easy, particularly with all the other crap I buy that’s dumb, and I know I’m not the only one that buys dumbshit, but I want my dumbshit anyway. Dumb coffee pods at Costco...I burn through two of those a day. Wife one. I throw out a toothbrush once a month. I went through four pairs of shoes last year. Didn’t have to. But I like clean unscuffed kicks. I lost at least 10 pair of damned readers from Wally World. I eat out more than I should. I drink brown liquor more than I should, but somebody has to. Hell, there’s plenty of money I spend on dumber shit than this. Like Carmel Sunday’s at McDonalds. But I like them, I confess.

As far as recycling goes, I recycle. It’s easy and we should do it. But I think it’s funny when people talk about recycling like it’s their only concern when buying crap at the store and caring for the planet, but don’t wipe their own asses with their hands or a wash cloth and throw it in the washer. How many trees are we guilty of killing last year with Charmin? How many counters got wiped down with a lumber jacks face? How many diapers hit the landfill out of convenience? How many gallons of milk did you buy, when you could go buy a cow, store your milk in a glass jug and keep it in the creek? How many bottles of beer will I consume after writing this, instead of making my own? Probably a lot. I’ll stop now.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:01 am

twin rivers wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:40 pm
I enrolled with Nationwide Medical on Monday. They said they would have the DreamPart's ready to send out in the next one or two weeks. I have medicare and plan f supplement, so should be covered 100%. We will see.
Wow! Kudos to you! I have contacted them THREE times since it first came up that they were going to carry the Bleep under insurance, three different ways, and have yet to hear back from them. Fortunately, I finally heard my from my local DME that they got approval from CareCentrix and are shipping my DreamPorts. I'm glad it's working out for you.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am

Folks...if you want to contact NationWide....use the phone number that I posted.
Don't attempt it with the ways they offer for contact via their website. They suck. :lol: Remember we are still dealing with a DME here and it's an online DME...they aren't perfect but they will at least try to work with us and get us the product we want and let us file our insurance and we don't have to fork out the money up front.

The phone number I posted is a direct line just for new members like us to get the ball rolling and a live person answers the phone.
I talked to a really nice older gentleman yesterday who has been a cpap user himself for 14 years. He was extremely polite and helpful and quite pleasant to deal with. His name is Greg. I know at least one person there that I like. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:16 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am
Folks...if you want to contact NationWide....use the phone number that I posted.
Don't attempt it with the ways they offer for contact via their website. They suck. :lol: Remember we are still dealing with a DME here and it's an online DME...they aren't perfect but they will at least try to work with us and get us the product we want and let us file our insurance and we don't have to fork out the money up front.

The phone number I posted is a direct line just for new members like us to get the ball rolling and a live person answers the phone.
I talked to a really nice older gentleman yesterday who has been a cpap user himself for 14 years. He was extremely polite and helpful and quite pleasant to deal with. His name is Greg. I know at least one person there that I like. :lol:
Thank you, Pugsy! You are such a helpful resource. I really appreciate it!

I called the toll-free number on the website. :( I will keep the direct line in case I run into any more problems with my local. Hopefully everything is straightened out now (after 15 months! :shock: ).

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:38 am

booksfan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:16 am
I called the toll-free number on the website. :( I will keep the direct line in case I run into any more problems with my local. Hopefully everything is straightened out now (after 15 months! :shock: ).
Two weeks ago I used the online form that you fill out when you are new. No one ever got back to me. :lol: :lol:
Stuart says to always use the special number other wise we will get lost in the bowels of a DME and we all know that isn't a good place to go. :lol:

To be honest I was dreading it...but after talking with Greg yesterday...actually had a smile on my face when done.
I know they will be far from perfect but at least they are willing to give us a shot and actually it makes good business sense....if I need a new water chamber or heated hose or something...guess who I will use.

The resistance that Stuart is getting to this mask is unbelieveable.. If it had ResMed stuck on the name it wouldn't be this hard to get coverage or places to sell it. It would be simply another mask offered by one of the big name brands. No big deal.
As far as insurance itself...it's simply another mask that uses the same codes as all the other masks and insurance pays the same...remember they use HCPCS billing codes only. They never know brand or model....all they know is A7034 is a nasal mask.
They get the same reimbursement rate as for any other mask with that code...same for the ports...uses same code as replacement pillows. If they say they will lose money...then they are losing money on every other mask out there because wholesale pricing for the Bleep products is below or equal to all those other masks unless ResMed is wholesaling the P10 package for $20 and I just don't see them doing that. There is a profit to be made...not to mention sales of other cpap stuff.

Circadiance with their cloth masks and the Airway Management with their Tap Pap...probably running into the same road blocks.
Back when I was using the Tap Pap I couldn't get my DME to order it for me. I was told it cost too much and they wouldn't make money...but they never really tried. If you aren't name brand...you are the ugly step child and no one really wants to help you if it means they have to do one ounce of extra work....the extra work being calling up and ordering the Bleep from Stuart. Lazy asses IMHO who don't really have my interests as their main objective. I understand needing to make money...but DMEs who would/could order from Stuart even on a per request basis.....their cost still allows for profit even with Medicare's crappy low reimbursement rates.
Only potential one that might not...if someone is in a competitive bidding area with Medicare and if that's the case...they aren't making any money on any mask.

Climbing down off my soap box... :lol: I need more coffee.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

katestyles

Post by katestyles » Thu May 09, 2019 8:18 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:38 am
I need more coffee.
Coffee.....

Rexlan

Post by Rexlan » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am

Question I have is if you use Nationwide are you in or out of network? BCBS will only pay 50% out of network and 80% in network. Is Nationwide going to accept the 50% as payment - probably not so how does it all shake out in the end?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 09, 2019 8:39 am

Rexlan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am
Question I have is if you use Nationwide are you in or out of network? BCBS will only pay 50% out of network and 80% in network. Is Nationwide going to accept the 50% as payment - probably not so how does it all shake out in the end?
It's going to depend on their contract with BCBS but they do work with some BCBS plans...I saw some on the list of insurance companies they already have contracts with...and for those companies they will be in network.
It's all going to depend on your contract and you will just need to call Nationwide and ask.
BCBS varies by state and even then withing the state they have a gazillion different plans.
And just because maybe one insurance isn't listed (mine wasn't) doesn't necessarily mean that there is no contract or no coverage through Nationwide. New contracts can be made daily as needed and that list might not be an up to date full list.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 am

Pugsy wrote:
booksfan wrote:
Two weeks ago I used the online form that you fill out when you are new. No one ever got back to me. :lol: :lol:
Stuart says to always use the special number other wise we will get lost in the bowels of a DME and we all know that isn't a good place to go. :lol:

To be honest I was dreading it...but after talking with Greg yesterday...actually had a smile on my face when done.
I know they will be far from perfect but at least they are willing to give us a shot and actually it makes good business sense....if I need a new water chamber or heated hose or something...guess who I will use.

The resistance that Stuart is getting to this mask is unbelieveable.. If it had ResMed stuck on the name it wouldn't be this hard to get coverage or places to sell it. It would be simply another mask offered by one of the big name brands. No big deal.
As far as insurance itself...it's simply another mask that uses the same codes as all the other masks and insurance pays the same...remember they use HCPCS billing codes only. They never know brand or model....all they know is A7034 is a nasal mask.
They get the same reimbursement rate as for any other mask with that code...same for the ports...uses same code as replacement pillows. If they say they will lose money...then they are losing money on every other mask out there because wholesale pricing for the Bleep products is below or equal to all those other masks unless ResMed is wholesaling the P10 package for $20 and I just don't see them doing that. There is a profit to be made...not to mention sales of other cpap stuff.

Circadiance with their cloth masks and the Airway Management with their Tap Pap...probably running into the same road blocks.
Back when I was using the Tap Pap I couldn't get my DME to order it for me. I was told it cost too much and they wouldn't make money...but they never really tried. If you aren't name brand...you are the ugly step child and no one really wants to help you if it means they have to do one ounce of extra work....the extra work being calling up and ordering the Bleep from Stuart. Lazy asses IMHO who don't really have my interests as their main objective. I understand needing to make money...but DMEs who would/could order from Stuart even on a per request basis.....their cost still allows for profit even with Medicare's crappy low reimbursement rates.
Only potential one that might not...if someone is in a competitive bidding area with Medicare and if that's the case...they aren't making any money on any mask.

Yeah, I filled out the online form, as well as emailing and calling the toll-free number! :lol: Good thing my local DME finally got things straightened out (fingers crossed!).

And you're right, it is shocking the resistance Stuart and the Bleep are receiving. I contacted the company I got my AirMini from to see if they were going to offer it (via online chat) and they told me that after polling their customer base (no one asked ME!), the Bleep was not something that their customers were interested in :shock: :roll: , so they were not going to offer it! I told them what I thought of that and how pleased I was with it! I did not tell them I had hacked my AirMini to use it! :lol:

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:
booksfan wrote:

[/qu
I talked to Greg on Monday and he was great.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 pm

A buck a day wouldn't hurt too bad. However, once the DME's get onboard and can bill this stuff to insurance properly I'm sure volume will pick up and prices will drop.

Rexlan

Post by Rexlan » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am

I actually emailed CS at nationwide and did not get a reply.

IMHO any company who has a website to solicit business and doe not bother to respond to their own inquiries generated from that site are unreliable - not for me and not recommended.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 am

Rexlan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am
I actually emailed CS at nationwide and did not get a reply.

IMHO any company who has a website to solicit business and doe not bother to respond to their own inquiries generated from that site are unreliable - not for me and not recommended.
Well then don't use them. Pretty simple solution if you are unhappy with anyone or anything.

Like I said before....not only are they a DME...they are an online DME...in all honesty I expect very little from any DME and hope for the best. It is what it is...not like there are very many other alternatives for filing insurance for most of us. I can't even get my own local DME to even talk to me about it.

Find me an online DME who will file insurance for people and will be happy to ship the Bleep.... that has better customer service and I will be happy to post that information.

Rexlan

Post by Rexlan » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am

Pugsy I think you missed my point. If they are an "online" company then they need to be responsive like an "online" company. Simple as that, else, only show the number you posted as the contact information if that is they only way you intend to respond. Pretty simple as you say and I agree.

Actually, my impression is that simply because they have a contract with BCBS in CA that does not mean they have one in MO or AL? BCBS is a franchise model and the various plans and States are independent business.

So I wanted to know "IF" they could actually bill my BCBC and if so would it be in or out of network - seems a fair question and an important one. Probably not easily answered by a sales associate.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:45 am

Rexlan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am
Pugsy I think you missed my point. If they are an "online" company then they need to be responsive like an "online" company. Simple as that, else, only show the number you posted as the contact information if that is they only way you intend to respond. Pretty simple as you say and I agree.

Actually, my impression is that simply because they have a contract with BCBS in CA that does not mean they have one in MO or AL? BCBS is a franchise model and the various plans and States are independent business.

So I wanted to know "IF" they could actually bill my BCBC and if so would it be in or out of network - seems a fair question and an important one. Probably not easily answered by a sales associate.
Well all DMEs...online or brick and mortar SHOULD be more responsive but just because they SHOULD be doesn't make it so.
It is what it is. I don't expend much energy on stuff I have no control over. I have enough problems with dealing with stuff I have some sort of control over.
And I think I covered the BCBS stuff with my comment about BCBS being different in every state and even within a state there are a gazillion plans. Just because one doesn't see their insurance or state listed doesn't mean there is no contract or couldn't get a contract.
People are going to have to at least ask ....
My insurance isn't listed either...but didn't stop me from at least trying.

You want perfect??? Good luck with that one. :lol: What anyone should do...really rarely works out to what they actually do....be it DMEs, insurance, doctors, or the forum members here. The only person or thing I can half way control...myself and sometimes even that gets a bit cloudy.