Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Question for people interested in the Bleep DreamPort no headgear cpap mask

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm
Having said that, I don't think I would ever consider using the Bleeps unless the plastic ports could be re-used somehow.
I understand...would you feel better about it if we had a way to send them some place where they could be reused somehow?
Recycled so to speak???

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Wed May 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
I would love the idea of a strapless mask.

I guess my cost threshold would be about a buck a day.

Having said that, I don't think I would ever consider using the Bleeps unless the plastic ports could be re-used somehow.

I have been trying to cut back on single-use plastic. Those ports seem like an awful lot of plastic to be used once and then throwing away. If the Bleep-2's allowed for re-use by solving the re-application of the adhesive, I'd be all over them.
The plastic DreamPorts are recyclable, if you rip away the plastic. I have a small box next to my bed and it is now part of my morning routine to rip the port from the tape and toss the ports into the box and throw away the tape. I have quite the collection of ports! I am trying to fill the box before putting in the recycle bin. :lol:

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 08, 2019 3:23 pm

booksfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:19 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
I would love the idea of a strapless mask.

I guess my cost threshold would be about a buck a day.

I have been trying to cut back on single-use plastic. Those ports seem like an awful lot of plastic to be used once and then throwing away. If the Bleep-2's allowed for re-use by solving the re-application of the adhesive, I'd be all over them.
The plastic DreamPorts are recyclable, if you rip away the plastic. I have a small box next to my bed and it is now part of my morning routine to rip the port from the tape and toss the ports into the box and throw away the tape. I have quite the collection of ports! I am trying to fill the box before putting in the recycle bin. :lol:
I drop them in a plastic water bottle, when it's full, put the cap on and recycle.

I read something that said little pieces of plastic can fall through the works, so it's best to leave the caps on plastic bottles, I'd think the ports would be the same.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed May 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
I understand...would you feel better about it if we had a way to send them some place where they could be reused somehow?
Recycled so to speak???
booksfan wrote:
The plastic DreamPorts are recyclable, if you rip away the plastic. I have a small box next to my bed and it is now part of my morning routine to rip the port from the tape and toss the ports into the box and throw away the tape. I have quite the collection of ports! I am trying to fill the box before putting in the recycle bin.

Recycling or reusing, would remove a lot of my apprehension.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Recycling or reusing, would remove a lot of my apprehension.
Reusing is a problem unless we can find an adhesive that
1...will stick all night
2...figure out a way to stick the port on that adhesive that needs to stick all night.
So 2 things have to stick really well for it to work. A tall order.

I have been using the Bleep since mid December. I have quite a stash of used ports...being a cpap hoarder I don't throw anything away but I like the idea of tossing them in a plastic bottle or jug and then putting it in the recycle plastic bin.
If anyone wants some of my stash to play with to see if they can figure out something to reuse them with...just let me know.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:23 pm
booksfan wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:

The plastic DreamPorts are recyclable, if you rip away the plastic. I have a small box next to my bed and it is now part of my morning routine to rip the port from the tape and toss the ports into the box and throw away the tape.
I drop them in a plastic water bottle, when it's full, put the cap on and recycle.
Oooh, Palerider, I like your idea better! I'm doing that from now on!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm

booksfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:23 pm
booksfan wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:

The plastic DreamPorts are recyclable, if you rip away the plastic. I have a small box next to my bed and it is now part of my morning routine to rip the port from the tape and toss the ports into the box and throw away the tape.
Oooh, Palerider, I like your idea better! I'm doing that from now on!
Side benefit, if you're dropping them in a water bottle... they won't go flying if you knock it off the side table... it's kinda hard to get the little buggers out...(I did it one time to count how many were in the bottle, cuz I was wondering :D)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

katestyles

Post by katestyles » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm

So I'm the only person who lined all her discarded bleeps up, spotted that they each have a number embossed on the side, and threaded them, IN NUMERICAL ORDER, onto a piece of paracord, like battle trophies?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 pm

katestyles wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm
So I'm the only person who lined all her discarded bleeps up, spotted that they each have a number embossed on the side, and threaded them, IN NUMERICAL ORDER, onto a piece of paracord, like battle trophies?
you just might be the only person to do that :D props on the paracord btw, lovely stuff. ;)

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 pm

katestyles wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm
Makes for great garland for the Christmas tree.

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Wed May 08, 2019 9:40 pm

I enrolled with Nationwide Medical on Monday. They said they would have the DreamPart's ready to send out in the next one or two weeks. I have medicare and plan f supplement, so should be covered 100%. We will see.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 08, 2019 9:56 pm

twin rivers wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:40 pm
I enrolled with Nationwide Medical on Monday. They said they would have the DreamPart's ready to send out in the next one or two weeks. I have medicare and plan f supplement, so should be covered 100%. We will see.
That is similar to what I was told today. Only wrinkle for me is my Medicare Advantage plan...it's a weird one...sort of HMOish which could throw a wrench in things.
Will see what happens. Won't know until I at least try.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 pm

If I had to pay out of pocket, my preference would be .50 per day.

of course, my real preference would be for Kaiser to have it in their formulary with Apria, and then I would try it out for sure . . .
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed May 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Not really interested for myself, but I wonder if anyone has tried spirit gum.
Just a wild thought out of the left side of the swamp . . .

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Thu May 09, 2019 2:49 am

I am on the younger end of the age spectrum here on the forums, it seems. Nowhere close to Medicare age, and outside of my CPAP purchase this year, I will probably not hit my deductible ($700) again for a while (this was the first year i've met it ever).

I tried Bleep, and I really liked the performance. No headgear was great, even worth the slight hassle in putting it in. Leak rate dropped so much from my Brevida.

I could not stand the noise and lack of diffuser.

Since I would have to pay out of pocket, I would not want to spend more than 33c/night ($10/mo). If I really had to, I would be OK with 40c/night ($12/mo). Someone earlier said $.25/night, which is $7.50/mo.

Surprised Bleep won't just sell a year's supply at a highly discounted rate (via cash rate, and call in) and just charge the insurance companies/Medicare the proper pillow rates for those that go that route. That happens normally anyway. I read on the board that insurance was being billed and paid out close to $2k for their autoset s10 machine (over the course of their rental agreement or something or another) when the machine's MSRP is $883.

The parts themselves cannot actually have a cost even remotely close to $2/night. Part of the additional cost is probably packaging. They went quite heavy on packaging and making it look fancy. Good for the first order, but that's about it.

Forgot to check where they're manufactured from. China? A bit of plastic and tape should not be this expensive. $2/night = $60/mo is too much! This might be OK if you're in a LCOL area, but for those in HCOL, with all the additional expenses that pile up, it's not doable.