Dreamwear Headgear Slippage solved

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bernieb

Dreamwear Headgear Slippage solved

Post by bernieb » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 am

IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg
I've been having a problem with bottom head strap sliding up to top of my head. Problem seems to be getting worse as headgear gets older. I solved my problem (hopefully for good) by wrapping the bottom strap with Coban non-adhesive, self-adherent bandage. Last night my strap did NOT budge at all. I'm not sure yet how long this will last before material has to be replaced but time will tell. Just wanted to share this with people that are having the same problem.

Catnapper

Re: Dreamwear Headgear Slippage solved

Post by Catnapper » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am

What effect did that have on your hair?

Catnapper - Joanie

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 am

Good job....thanks for the clear pictures.

I am wondering if this would help P10 users who have a similar problem with the lower back strap trying to slide up the back of the head.......Might be more comfortable than sticking velcro on that strap and having the velcro get wrapped up in hair. OUCH.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bernieb

Post by bernieb » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 am

To Catnapper- My hair is only about 1/2 inch long in the back so did not have much effect of any kind. I don't know how it would affect long hair.

To Pugsy- I would think this would probably work with any type of strap slippage. It's easy enough to try.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Neat idea!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bernieb

Post by bernieb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:46 am

Just want to report that this has worked out perfectly for me. Used for four nights and it has not budged at all. Probably will have to remove Coban and reapply after washing headgear but that should not be a problem.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am

bernieb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:46 am
Just want to report that this has worked out perfectly for me. Used for four nights and it has not budged at all. Probably will have to remove Coban and reapply after washing headgear but that should not be a problem.
good job! and yeah, that coban is a very affordable solution.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Sounds like a good idea, been fighting slipage for years, just took it for a fact on XPAP, should make more comfortable too. :idea: Good Job, thanks for posting. Where do you buy it? and cost. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

bernieb

Post by bernieb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm

It is available from Amazon, eBay, Officedepot.com, Walmart.com and other places. Available in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 inch widths. I used the 4 inch (had some at home for years), which allowed me to cut the proper length and fold it over in three layers so it would stick to itself. Prices vary but less than $10.00 for the 4 inch. Local medical supply stores probably have it rather than drug stores.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:25 pm

bernieb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm
It is available from Amazon, eBay, Officedepot.com, Walmart.com and other places. Available in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 inch widths. I used the 4 inch (had some at home for years), which allowed me to cut the proper length and fold it over in three layers so it would stick to itself. Prices vary but less than $10.00 for the 4 inch. Local medical supply stores probably have it rather than drug stores.
it can also be found in better stocked feed stores or vets. it's also known as vet wrap.

here, if ya wanna get nuts about it-

https://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Adherent-Ad ... B00TNGMMDU
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

bernieb

Post by bernieb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:06 pm

That Vet tape looks great. Some of it is 3M product just like human use stuff. For about $20.00 you can probably get a lifetime supply if you're over 50 years old. Funny that many things for veterinary use is more expensive than the same product made for humans. Thanks for the information Zonker.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 pm

bernieb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:06 pm
That Vet tape looks great. Some of it is 3M product just like human use stuff. For about $20.00 you can probably get a lifetime supply if you're over 50 years old. Funny that many things for veterinary use is more expensive than the same product made for humans. Thanks for the information Zonker.
your welcome. yeah, i was going to add that the supply of tape might outlast the user. but then thought better of it.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:28 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 pm
bernieb wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:06 pm
your welcome. yeah, i was going to add that the supply of tape might outlast the user. but then thought better of it.
"... and to my favorite, accident prone niece, I leave my stockpiles of vet wrap"....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

csb

Post by csb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:50 pm

I taped up the backside strap of my P10 last night. It seemed to do the trick for me also. Time will tell. Walmart didn't have the Coban brand so I got the store brand.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:36 pm

I went out and bought a roll of 3M coban to try on my P10 and 30i.. Didn't work on either mask I'm afraid to say, my P10 still slid up the back of my head and the 30i still slid down :( . I took the 30i this morning and tried it with the SW mouth piece instead of the M, plus tightened the two straps at the back. Felt much better to me, I will try it tonight and see how that does. The coban only cost $5.49 cdn, so I'm not out a chunk of $$$.... and can still use it as athletic tape anyway so no big loss.

Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.