Resmed Airsense 10 vs Philips Dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tedtomato

Resmed Airsense 10 vs Philips Dreamstation

Post by tedtomato » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi,

Looking at the sleepyhead reports people post on this forum and elsewhere, it would seem that the Philips DreamStation Machine provide a lot more data in Sleepyhead than the Resmed 10 machines (elite and above), in term of type of events detected.

Example:

Is that correct?

Does that make the DreamStation machine a better choice for people willing to analyse data?

Thanks,
T.

Pugsy

Re: Resmed Airsense 10 vs Philips Dreamstation

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm

ResMed gathers pretty much the same data but just presents it differently.

ResMed gives you a snore graph and Respironics gives you flagged snores on the Events graph. We are unsure just how critical the difference between VS1 and VS 2 snores are on the Respironics..

ResMed gives you a flow limitation graph and Respironics gives you individual flagged Flow limitations on the events graph and IMHO this way lets a person actually evaluate the flow reduction a little better but other people like the way ResMed shows the graph.

The only thing Respironics actually does that ResMed doesn't do is report pressure pulses and that's because ResMed simply doesn't do them. ResMed uses FOT for help in determining if a flow reduction is central in nature or obstructive in nature. FOT isn't the same as Pressure Pules which is what Respironics does to help it decide what to call the event.
Both FOT and Pressure pulses can be seen on the software reports if you look closely enough and know what to look for and they may or may not always be present with a flagged event.

Used to be that ResMed only did the RERA flagging with the special "for Her AutoSet" but they may have changed that as I am seeing RERAs noted on reports from Autosets not for Her model.

Is one better than the other strictly from a data gathering standpoint? I guess it depends on a person's preference in how they like to view their data. There's a bit of pros and cons with either way the data gets presented.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.