resmed airsense 10 start button broken

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gpj2005

Post by gpj2005 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:29 pm

I have been using my Resmed Airsense 10 machine for about a year and suddenly the start button doesnt work. The machine lights up and menu works. Not a power problem. I tried breathing thru mask to initiate the machine but to no avail. I looked inside the plastic cover and the plastic start stop button snaps on and off. There is black rubber or silicone seal around the toggle switch beneath the plastic button so I had to stop my rudimentary investigation so I dont void any warranty I may have. I didnt see any carbon points referred to in previous posts about resmed 9 switch malfunction. I will call tomorrow but am bracing for a bureauocratic wall. I would like to send it back to resmed directly and skip my local respiratory care group.
Also I would like to purchase a backup used REsmed 9 CPAP (or Resmed 10 but I doubt anyone is selling this new model already) which i see are for sale on this site. Not sure if they can be programmed to work the same as my Resmed 10.
Appreciate your help.

Pugsy

Re: resmed airsense 10 start button broken

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Do you have Smart Start enabled?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 pm

If you decide to buy, Grayghost4 has an Airsense 10 Autoset with 0 hrs for sale. I bought a machine from him and so have others here. This is the link he listed earlier. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/hab/5300384023.html
You can also do a member search for him and PM him. He may have others for sale.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 am

gpj2005 wrote:I have been using my Resmed Airsense 10 machine for about a year and suddenly the start button doesnt work. The machine lights up and menu works. Not a power problem. I tried breathing thru mask to initiate the machine but to no avail. I looked inside the plastic cover and the plastic start stop button snaps on and off. There is black rubber or silicone seal around the toggle switch beneath the plastic button so I had to stop my rudimentary investigation so I dont void any warranty I may have. I didnt see any carbon points referred to in previous posts about resmed 9 switch malfunction. I will call tomorrow but am bracing for a bureauocratic wall. I would like to send it back to resmed directly and skip my local respiratory care group.
Also I would like to purchase a backup used REsmed 9 CPAP (or Resmed 10 but I doubt anyone is selling this new model already) which i see are for sale on this site. Not sure if they can be programmed to work the same as my Resmed 10.
Appreciate your help.
That probably ain't gonna happen.
The manufacturers will only take machines from DMEs or factory authorized repair stations.

Although, one possibility would be to contact http://www.acbio.com and see what they have to say about it. They ARE a factory authorized repair station.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

GuestXVX

Post by GuestXVX » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:32 am

Exact same thing happened to my Airsense 10 today. My observations match yours exactly. Looks like this may become a "known issue."

Javy304

Post by Javy304 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:19 pm

Same issue here! It just stopped November 8th.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:48 pm

If bought through a local DME, the 2 year warranty should be serviceable through them.
From cpap.com, contact them for instructions.
If from an third party individual, then acbio is available.
If you do not have a back up machine, yesterday was the best day to get one.
Today is better than suffering.

msw

Post by msw » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Same problem here with my Resmed AirCurve 10 ST not starting.
Have had unit about one month and last night it simply wouldn't start.
As others here have indicated, my unit is powered-up, lighting and menus/controls all working as expected, am able to start the warm-up feature -- just cannot get the machine to turn on when finally pressing the start button.
I don't see any hard reset buttons and there is no provision for this issue in troubleshooting documentation.
Have called provider, but being the holiday I doubt I'll hear back from them until Monday.
msw

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:31 pm

the one OkyDok mentioned has sold ... but have this one :

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hab/5371785579.html

My wife has been using a aircurve 10 for over a year ... never touch the start button ... she always uses auto start.

will any of yours work with the auto start enabled ??
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

msw

Post by msw » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:15 am

No Auto Start for me.
My unit was set-up and programmed by provider, the 'auto start' or Smart Start feature is grayed out and not a usable menu item for me.
The way mine is programmed, it requires i turn it on with the start button.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:46 am

It is your machine and your therapy ... you are allowed to set it the way you want it set up.
If you want auto start ... just turn it on ! .... it make life much easier.

Your prescription bottle of pills comes with a seal on the top... do you leave that on ..or remove it so you can use the contents ?
A Pillow comes with a label "do not remove" ... Are they still on your throw pillows on your couch ?

There are some models of machines that do not have an auto OFF function because of the type of therapy they are designed for. My PR969 ASV machine will not "auto off" ... but it does have auto start.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

big_dave

Post by big_dave » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:03 pm

msw wrote:No Auto Start for me.
My unit was set-up and programmed by provider, the 'auto start' or Smart Start feature is grayed out and not a usable menu item for me.
The way mine is programmed, it requires i turn it on with the start button.
You can find the instructions for reprogramming it at http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen ... setup-info. You can also request a Clinician's Manual from http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual.

Rabgal

Post by Rabgal » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:16 am

The exact thing just happened to me as described by the original poster. I purchased mine late November 2015 - I'll be taking mine in and citing the other problems reported in this thread. Definitely looks like a defect.

K5MOW

Post by K5MOW » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:06 pm

I wonder how bad this problem is and how many people has been affected by the default in the unit. I just received mine about a week ago wonder if they have corrected the start stop switch problem on the new models coming out.

How many of you out there has had a Resmed Airsense 10 for more than a couple years with no problems. Hopefully this is not a continuing problem.

Roger
Moderate to Severe Sleep Apnea

Airsense 10 Autoset AirStart 10 CPAP

Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask

Roger

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:24 pm

K5MOW wrote:I wonder how bad this problem is and how many people has been affected by the default in the unit. I just received mine about a week ago wonder if they have corrected the start stop switch problem on the new models coming out.

How many of you out there has had a Resmed Airsense 10 for more than a couple years with no problems. Hopefully this is not a continuing problem.

Roger

This model is relatively new. I don't think you will find anyone that has used it for "more than a couple years".