CPAP Basics - 26 - Clinical Manuals

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: CPAP Basics - 26 - Clinical Manuals

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Morbius wrote:
Sleeprider wrote:A quick Q/A check, this link from the first post seems to have some problems. ResMed S8 Autoset Spirit II
En näe mitään väärää.
google says finnish!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Morbius wrote: En näe mitään väärää.
Ville says you must speak Finnish with a British accent.
Morbius, are you bored?

turbosnore

Post by turbosnore » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Sleeprider wrote:A quick Q/A check, this link from the first post seems to have some problems. ResMed S8 Autoset Spirit II
Ah, it's a kind of clarification of the menu (ans some other things) in Finnish. I wrote it, because to some people the manual was unclear about those things. I tried to translate it with google translate, but the result was just terrible.

I could translate that to (hopefully) understandable English if someone wishes, but I wonder... S8 is a bit old...

Last edited by turbosnore on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De-bugging is for sissies, real men do de-monstrations.

turbosnore

Post by turbosnore » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Morbius wrote:
En näe mitään väärää.
Väärää? Mitäs väärää siinä voisi olla?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:49 am

palerider wrote:
Morbius wrote:
En näe mitään väärää.
google says finnish!
OK, I'm done!

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:53 am

turbosnore wrote:
Ah, it's a kind of clarification of the menu (ans some other things) in Finnish. I wrote it, because to some people the manual was unclear about those things. I tried to translate it with google translate, but the result was just terrible.

I could translate that to (hopefully) understandable English if someone wishes, but I wonder... S8 is a bit old...
There's another S8, so I think we'll be OK. I'll yank that one out. Thanks for your help!

cpapnewbie33

is there a virus in these manuals?

Post by cpapnewbie33 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 am

I downloaded my manual for my machine from the drop box link and my anti virus said it contained a virus nad it put it in quarantine and I can't read it now.

Is there a way to get a manual that do not contain virus?

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 am

Howdy Morbius,

I think that in consultation with their physician, people should be able to change the pressures on their machines. It seems pretty important to me to be engaged in your means of breathing. You are telling me diabetics can put needles in their veins to adjust their levels of blood sugar but those with Sleep Apnea and sleep software can't opt in to adjusting their air flow? Really?! One man's opinion...and not one very common in establishment circles.

Question is, given this sorry state of affairs, what to do about it.

If you want to host this stuff on your personal accounts, do what you are gonna do. You are all grown up and I'm not the boss of you.

That said, this is America which means there are copyright laws and take down notices. You've waved a red flag and dragged CPAPtalk into it without our consent. Come on man.

I'm not going to say "please do the morally right thing" because you are morally right and one day our jacked medical system will figure that out. But I will ask that you please do what keeps CPAPtalk out of dutch, keeps me from fielding myriad legal notices today and lets me work to make things better in my way instead.

Thanks,
Johnny

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

johnnygoodman wrote:...keeps me from fielding myriad legal notices today...
Howdy back!

Certainly not trying to make your life miserable Johnny!

OK gang, need to do a little brainstorming here. This is (or will be) the best resource available. How can it be accomplished legally (or in fact, can it)? Are the clinical manuals really protected anymore?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 am

Morbius wrote:How can it be accomplished legally (or in fact, can it)? Are the clinical manuals really protected anymore?
I think that the main complainer is probably the manufacturer that begins with R and ends with D.
There's another website that I know of where we can get software and the manuals for all the brands except the one that seems to be the main complainer and they used to have the clinical and user manuals for those machines but they quietly disappeared so I assume that someone got their hands slapped.
It's a website like cpap.com where cpap equipment is sold. It's where I send people wanting Encore Pro.
Everything is available except ResMed. I don't know the legalities involved but the manuals are plainly copyrighted and most of the manuals we have are photocopies.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

Can't someone just host them privately and then we use the secret handshake to direct those people to it?
Morbius, are you bored?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:41 am

Sadly, my only copy of the manual for my current machine is on my iPad.
I need to either make a hard copy or get it onto a USB stick. Stupid Apple product!

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 pm

First of all CF, get em while you can. It took me about 5 minutes to download the entire library on the first post. This was a predictable outcome.

Morbius, I don't think there is anything we can do on this platform but tell those in need of a manual where it can be obtained. Enough of us can save the links from post #1 to make those available without involving CPAPtalk. Keeping the links published on a sticky or anywhere else on the site will still be a problem for Johnny, even if they are hosted elsewhere. Also, the longer those links remain public, the more likely the take-down request will spread to the DB server hosts. They will immediately disable the downloads since they violate their terms (content you own). So really, the best policy here is to comply on CPAPtalk, and if someone owns a domain and wants to deal with Resmed's threats, put the links / files there. I would say that host could not be in any way connected with DME sales or have a commercial interest in equipment or CPAP treatment.

JMHO, hide the links before this spreads.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Sleeprider wrote:First of all CF, get em while you can. It took me about 5 minutes to download the entire library on the first post. This was a predictable outcome.

Morbius, I don't think there is anything we can do on this platform but tell those in need of a manual where it can be obtained. Enough of us can save the links from post #1 to make those available without involving CPAPtalk. Keeping the links published on a sticky or anywhere else on the site will still be a problem for Johnny, even if they are hosted elsewhere. Also, the longer those links remain public, the more likely the take-down request will spread to the DB server hosts. They will immediately disable the downloads since they violate their terms (content you own). So really, the best policy here is to comply on CPAPtalk, and if someone owns a domain and wants to deal with Resmed's threats, put the links / files there. I would say that host could not be in any way connected with DME sales or have a commercial interest in equipment or CPAP treatment.

JMHO, hide the links before this spreads.
I agree. cpap.com needs to be protected as they are not involved.
Morbius, are you bored?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Morbius wrote:
palerider wrote:
Morbius wrote:
En näe mitään väärää.
google says finnish!
OK, I'm done!
no no, it doesn't say FINISH, it says FINNISH!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.