New to the Forum

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MichelleLynn

New to the Forum

Post by MichelleLynn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm Michelle and I was just recently diognosed with sleep apenia. The last few months have been a living hell and felt like I was losing my mind I'm in the process of getting my machine (waiting for my insurance) and to hope have it this week. My husband also has sleep apenia and we joke on how we will have duling machines at night I'm greatful I don't have to do this alone.

Julie

Re: New to the Forum

Post by Julie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Welcome Michelle, hope things go well for you and if not, please ask away for help here. You might (if you're looking up info, though) have some luck with 'apnea' rather than 'apenia'. Good luck and hope to see you back here.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Welcome Michelle,
Lots to learn but its all here, lots of reading.
Good Luck

SleepWellCPAP

Post by SleepWellCPAP » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:14 pm

First of all. That is a great avatar picture!

How in the heck were you able to get that little fella on the ceiling under that balloon? Is that trick photography? Good one!

Regarding sleep apnea without benefit of an xPAP, it's advisable to sleep on your side if you can and avoid sleep aids. They have a few new devices on the market that help keep a person off their back, but it sounds as though you'll be getting your equipment prior to needing something like that.

Good luck!
Jim Swearingen
Author of the book Sleep Well & Feel Great with CPAP, a definitive guide
For a free copy inquire with your local county librarian
CPAPtalk featured - Also available through Barnes & Noble Booksellers

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Make sure you read the sticky posts at the top of the forum to make sure you don't get stuck with a brick (a machine that doesn't record important data).