New Software iPhone, Web, and Backup

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FattyMagoo

New Software iPhone, Web, and Backup

Post by FattyMagoo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:11 am

Can you tell me your opinion on CPAP software with these abilities?

Everyday data is wirelessly transferred and backed up (no card readers or computer required)
View your data with a web browser. (no install issues works on anywhere)
View your data using an iPhone or iPad app
Set alerts to email or call you based on rules you define (say you don't check data everyday but want to know if things get too out of whack)
Auto send reports periodically, say once a month to a doctor
Grant permission to a friend/family member to view your data
One click to automatically create a thread on cpap.com with a question and a mini report attached.
The word "compliance" is never used because it implies the wrong thing about us

Why?
===========
I've created a working prototype of this, but I'm trying to see if there is enough interest to warrant continuing development into something more polished.

So if you want to see it please reply. If you have an opinion on what would be better, or even if you hate the idea that would all be useful feedback. What is your dream cpap technology?

NateS

Re: New Software iPhone, Web, and Backup

Post by NateS » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:09 am

FattyMagoo wrote:Can you tell me your opinion on CPAP software with these abilities?

Everyday data is wirelessly transferred and backed up (no card readers or computer required)
View your data using an iPhone or iPad app or Android
Set alerts to email or call you based on rules you define (say you don't check data everyday but want to know if things get too out of whack)
Auto send reports periodically, say once a month to a doctor
Grant permission to a friend/family member to view your data

One click to automatically create a thread on cpap.com with a question and a mini report attached.
The word "compliance" is never used because it implies the wrong thing about us

Why?
===========
I've created a working prototype of this, but I'm trying to see if there is enough interest to warrant continuing development into something more polished.

So if you want to see it please reply. If you have an opinion on what would be better, or even if you hate the idea that would all be useful feedback. What is your dream cpap technology?
Great ideas!

I have red-checked the features I would be interested in.
The ones of lesser interest to me personally I put in italics.

Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 am

I agree with Nate - I honestly don't think most doctors will even look at the results unless they specifically had ordered (themselves) a one-time test as they would with labwork, and I can't imagine why a friend or relative would want (or know what to do with) them either.

FattyMagoo

Post by FattyMagoo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks Nate and Julie, very helpful feedback.

With access for friends/family, I was thinking about being to help older or disabled relatives like my mom. But maybe that's an edge case that wouldn't benefit most people.
Julie wrote:I agree with Nate - I honestly don't think most doctors will even look at the results unless they specifically had ordered (themselves) a one-time test as they would with labwork, and I can't imagine why a friend or relative would want (or know what to do with) them either.

Zen Knitter

Post by Zen Knitter » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Seems like a very useful app. I like all the options but would prefer easily to send my Doc my reports at my discretion, rather than auto send. Good luck with your app. Keep us all updated here please!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Add ability to run on all platforms and with all xpaps, great idea, but I see it as Vapor Ware. Without standards in equiptment its unlikely to ever be made.

Maybe start out with one brand of machine until it's perfected, then start over with another brand. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

FattyMagoo

Post by FattyMagoo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am

What your saying makes sense - It would probably be more useful as an "on demand" feature rather that something automatically sent every so often.

Thanks for the feedback Zen!

FM
Zen Knitter wrote:Seems like a very useful app. I like all the options but would prefer easily to send my Doc my reports at my discretion, rather than auto send. Good luck with your app. Keep us all updated here please!

concerned_sister

Post by concerned_sister » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But please make it so you could set the alerts to automatically alarm/alert a smart phone if the mask is removed, there is a leak, or the machine is re-set. This would be a HUGE help to people trying to get children/adults with special needs to use the machines through the night, without having to check it yourself every half hour.

FattyMagoo

Post by FattyMagoo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow, another great idea sister - I have special needs in my family but didn't think of this.

This would be the first "real time" application of cpap data I've heard of outside of a sleep study.

FM
concerned_sister wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But please make it so you could set the alerts to automatically alarm/alert a smart phone if the mask is removed, there is a leak, or the machine is re-set. This would be a HUGE help to people trying to get children/adults with special needs to use the machines through the night, without having to check it yourself every half hour.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 pm

NateS wrote:
FattyMagoo wrote:...
View your data using an iPhone or iPad app or Android

Regards, Nate
concerned_sister: Patient advocate alert on smart phone (family member or nurse) via local wifi push.
Zen Knitter: Patient-initiated report emailed to doctor, or automated if preferred.

Wow - I like all these ideas. I'm on android. I'd want to keep the data on my local computer, or a local server like a cheap pogoplug that I can access via local intranet at will through a web interface or app. The data get saved to an SD card or a hard drive attached to the pogoplug.

concerned_sister

Post by concerned_sister » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm

FattyMagoo wrote:Wow, another great idea sister - I have special needs in my family but didn't think of this.

This would be the first "real time" application of cpap data I've heard of outside of a sleep study.

FM
concerned_sister wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how big a help this would be, we are running on empty trying to check over and over all night, trying to catch when the mask comes off, etc. We'd be happy to test run anything with this ability

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:03 am

FattyMagoo wrote:Can you tell me your opinion on CPAP software with these abilities?

Wirelessly from what to what? From what I have seen any data transmitted from a CPAP machine by any means other than an SD card is very limited. Wirelessly transmitting data from the CPAP will give you nothing more than compliance data, in most cases I think. This great feature may be a non-starter simply because of the limitations built into CPAP machines.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 am

I believe that the ResMed S9 Wireless Unit/ResTraxx combo includes efficacy data.
jeff

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 am

jdm2857 wrote:I believe that the ResMed S9 Wireless Unit/ResTraxx combo includes efficacy data.
From this Resmed document http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/documen ... liance.pdf
Web-based monitoring device that transmits usage and summary data to an online database
No mention of detail or high resolution data being transmitted. Since detail and high res is not sent from the S9 via the USB port no way would I expect them to send it out over a cell phone connection. There is no WiFi nor Bluetooth transmission from an S9.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:40 pm

In this world without the manufacturers getting on board to build in the ability, it Ain't going to Hachen! They don't care or want anything but $$$ in the pocket, for now "It's Pie in the Sky". Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire