CPAP hose suspension?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyonMagnoliaSt

CPAP hose suspension?

Post by SleepyonMagnoliaSt » Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm

I've been rearranging my daughter's bed and bought a bedside table and things since as soon as insurance and the doctors are done doing their hoops the cpap will happen. Is some sort of hose suspension necessary? I'm leaning towards yes especially with a kid?

John from Brookston

Re: CPAP hose suspension?

Post by John from Brookston » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 am

It can be as low-tech and simple as a 3M sticky hook on the headboard with a hair scrunchie to loop the hose through. I have light sconces mounted on the wall over my bed and use a piece of string looped over the sconce to hold the hose up.

Big fat guy who's diabetic, on HRT, and now a heart attack survivor as well as having OSA (boy, I sure won the genetic rodeo, din't I?). Ham Radio operator and I have a black tomcat named "Bart" who looks like an old prize fighter.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:44 am

I like the Hozer. It's expensive, but was worth it, IMO.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:45 am

Did she have the CPAP titration yet? Oh wait, there was the whole issue with the hypoventilation and all that, which had to be explained, right? Is she getting bilevel or CPAP?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

jaybeem

Post by jaybeem » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 am

There is another recent thread on this subject at viewtopic/t89813/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89 ... 60#p824146.

SleepyonMagnoliaSt

Post by SleepyonMagnoliaSt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:03 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Did she have the CPAP titration yet? Oh wait, there was the whole issue with the hypoventilation and all that, which had to be explained, right? Is she getting bilevel or CPAP?
She'll have the titration in 3 weeks. They didn't have anything sooner. They are trying to get her on an Auto Cpap until the titration.

We are on the cancellation list for the titration though!

SleepyonMagnoliaSt

Post by SleepyonMagnoliaSt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm

jaybeem wrote:There is another recent thread on this subject at viewtopic/t89813/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89 ... 60#p824146.
Thank you so much!!! I knew I'd seen one recently! LOL It's hard to search from the phone though!

I really like the cheap one from amazon

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 pm

SleepyonMagnoliaSt wrote:
jaybeem wrote:There is another recent thread on this subject at viewtopic/t89813/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89 ... 60#p824146.
Thank you so much!!! I knew I'd seen one recently! LOL It's hard to search from the phone though!

Me, too *smile*. Go for it.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:53 pm

That one works very well but I would hesitate putting it on a child's bed. The chance of a child jumping on the bed would be a bit too scary. Maybe your daughter wouldn't do that but her friends might.

Maybe you could just take it down in the morning and set it up at bedtime.

SleepyonMagnoliaSt

Post by SleepyonMagnoliaSt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Stormynights wrote:

That one works very well but I would hesitate putting it on a child's bed. The chance of a child jumping on the bed would be a bit too scary. Maybe your daughter wouldn't do that but her friends might.

My kids don't jump on the bed. They aren't allowed. Plus it's no more dangerous than the wooden bedposts at each 4 corners that each have a weird pointy decoration on it lol

It would be right by a bedpost. I'm not worried about them spearing themselves on it LOL

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Maybe an excuse for an adorable canopy bed?

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Stormynights wrote:

My kids don't jump on the bed. They aren't allowed. Plus it's no more dangerous than the wooden bedposts at each 4 corners that each have a weird pointy decoration on it lol

It would be right by a bedpost. I'm not worried about them spearing themselves on it LOL
I guess I judge all kids by mine.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:40 pm

ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Are you guys talking about the Hozer? My son had the Hozer. I did put it away when kids would come to his room, and he didn't spend a ton of time playing in his room. I would probably take it down (as in not have it hanging) during the day and lay it flat. Actually, I used to make his bed by laying it with the hose still attached in the crook between his mattress and headboard.

SleepyonMagnoliaSt

Post by SleepyonMagnoliaSt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:53 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Are you guys talking about the Hozer? My son had the Hozer. I did put it away when kids would come to his room, and he didn't spend a ton of time playing in his room. I would probably take it down (as in not have it hanging) during the day and lay it flat. Actually, I used to make his bed by laying it with the hose still attached in the crook between his mattress and headboard.
I have no idea what the hozer is lol.

This is what I'm looking at
http://www.amazon.com/North-American-He ... UW8ZCNAS19

It's only $10 so if they decided to use it as a tent stake and break it I can replace it cheaply