How should your prescription read???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: How should your prescription read???

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 am

RN wrote:It is quite apparent that no one commenting on this blog.
it's also quite apparent that this isn't a blog.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 am

RN wrote:It is quite apparent that no one commenting on this blog is a medical professional. Medicaid/medicare regulations state:

5.2.4 – Requirement of New Orders
A new order is required in the following situations:
• There is a change in the order for the accessory, supply, drug, etc.;
• On a regular basis (even if there is no change in the order) only if it is so specified in the documentation section of a particular medical policy;
• When an item is replaced; and
• When there is a change in the supplier.
RN is not "registered" and appears to be a Real Nut case, looking to make trouble, not a professional.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:41 pm

RN wrote:It is quite apparent that no one commenting on this blog is a medical professional. Medicaid/medicare regulations state:

5.2.4 – Requirement of New Orders
A new order is required in the following situations:
• There is a change in the order for the accessory, supply, drug, etc.;
• On a regular basis (even if there is no change in the order) only if it is so specified in the documentation section of a particular medical policy;
• When an item is replaced; and
• When there is a change in the supplier.
Ignorance must be bliss. And, responding to a 4-year-old thread is definitely "ignorance".
But, at least ONE of the folks commenting in this thread WAS a registered pharmacist. I'll let you rely on your reading comprehension to figure out which one.

Personally, I've gotten everything I want (CPAP related) without having to jump through Medicare and other prescription/order hoops. I've bought all of my machines and a lifetime of supplies out-of-pocket, and quite some time before I got on Medicare.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:27 am

Wulfman... wrote: Personally, I've gotten everything I want (CPAP related) without having to jump through Medicare and other prescription/order hoops. I've bought all of my machines and a lifetime of supplies out-of-pocket, and quite some time before I got on Medicare.

Den

I've always done the same. Out of pocket; no hoops or hassles.

Hi, Den.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

KeepSmiling

Post by KeepSmiling » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:50 am

Komodo wrote:I tried to re-order some supplies from my DME, and they informed me my prescription had expired. They told me I had to get a new script in order to get the supplies.

I called my doc to fax one over, and they told me it's been over a year since I've seen them, and I had to come in for a regular visit (and pay for the visit!) for a new script.

Is there anything special I should have the doc write on the script so I don't have to go back to him every year JUST for a new prescription?????

BTW....I was only ordering filters, and a new water chamber from my DME. I didn't think either one required a perscription.
My insurance requires a new Rx for hoses, masks and parts etc and all.

For someone else the replacement hoses/pillows etc, were just charged to insurance as maintenance of the treatment.

Both cases in Canada.

I thought new Rx were needed by CPAP.com after five years. I know I had to submit a new one at some point.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 pm

I wonder why so many "professionals" consistently offer bad advice.
Is it ignorance? Arrogance? Or plain old malevolence?