Climateline woes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hospiceangel

Climateline woes

Post by Hospiceangel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am

Woke up this morning very proud of myself.

I tried a Fisher &Paykel full face mask last night and did well.
S9 was quiet, too quiet. Screen said Climateline fail.
I tried taking it off and seating it again. Nothing.
Then I pulled out the power supply, plugged it back in and it worked like a champ. Great! I've only had it for a week.
I called CPAP.com and they said the contacts must have come "lose" and to let them know if it happens again.
Any of the rest of you have the same problem?
Shar

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow M Radmacher
It is better, to believe in something passionately even if it is wrong, than to believe in nothing at all C Hoong

WillSucceed

Re: Climateline woes

Post by WillSucceed » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 am

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty. I've been fortunate in that my ClimateLine has worked great.

Did you adjust the S9 so that it knew you were using a full-face mask? If not, you should.

When you attach the ClimateLine, make sure that after you push it onto the humidifier tank, you turn it fully until it locks into place, not being able to turn any further.

Good Luck!
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Hospiceangel

Post by Hospiceangel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

Yup I changed it. Maybe I just wiggled around too much last night.
Shar:)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow M Radmacher
It is better, to believe in something passionately even if it is wrong, than to believe in nothing at all C Hoong

breakfast

Post by breakfast » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:46 am

I had this problem. It happened the night after I got the machine. Resetting the machine worked for maybe a week, and then it was completely dead. My DME replaced it for me. It does need to be replaced. If Climateline is plugged in and locked, there should be no issue. If you pulled too hard and think that you knocked it loose, it wouldn't be saying "heated hose failure". It would just revert to regular hose mode.

Hospiceangel

Post by Hospiceangel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks,
It's frustrating to only have something a short time and have it happen. Maybe I'll get it replaced and just go back to slimline with a snuggy.

JStaggie

Post by JStaggie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:44 pm

I had a similar problem after about two weeks. The climateline hose kept failing, dropping out of climateline mode. I had seem one message the the hose had failed. CPAP.com replaced the climateline hose with a new one and it's be fine for over 4 months.

Hospiceangel

Re: Climateline woes Update

Post by Hospiceangel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:46 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that apparently Climateline was defective and I have received another from CPAP.com.