TIRED

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onemorething

TIRED

Post by onemorething » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:08 pm

I have now been on the cpap for 1 1/2 months. The last tow days I have been really tired. Even one of my students asked me if I was sick. My I must have looked awful.

Anyway i have asked for a heated humidifier. Do some of you still have good nights and bad nights?

Thanks, onemorething

oh I did take my IRON!
Here is to breathing!

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm

OMT,

I try to keep track of my good nights and bad nights. A few common threads...

If I don't allow myself enough time to get a minimum of 7 hours sleep.

If I suspect I was mouth breathing (leaking) during the night.

If one of my kids spent most of the night with his feet in my back.

If I can't seem to get my mask to stay comfortable.

Most of the nights are good...sometimes things just don't go well.

I think the humidifier would be helpful for you.

Keep at it!
Last edited by wading thru the muck! on Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

Edie

Post by Edie » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:11 pm

I had a bad week about a month ago. No obvious reasons, just waking up tired and staying that way all day.

My CPAP report didn't show anything unusual, and I couldn't remember any problems with my mask or anything else.

Then everything returned to normal and I feel good again. I'll track it if it happens again. I'm just happy I'm back to feeling good.

Sticking with it is all I'm doing for now unless a pattern develops.
I got used to wearing contacts & braces, and now I'm used to CPAP, too.

Snuffle-nose

Post by Snuffle-nose » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:01 am

Hello

If your mask falls off during the night it can effect your sleep qaulity as I often have re-place my mask on my face ASASP if I end sleep for more then one hr without I get a headache and sore head from sleeping without my mask!

I sleep with the mask on as often as I can. I am always tired if I have my sleep disrupted by losing my mask during the night. The hardest is to keep the mask on all hrs of the night. I need more then 7 hrs to feel fully awake in the morning.

As with using CPAP is a must to keep my sleep qaulity high, if I lose my mask I feel lousy.[but this rare for me few times every few mths]As losing the mask at night is a big issue to alot of CPAP users as it often musses up their sleep like it does to mine!

But been tired without CPAP is worse then with it!
Been on CPAP for a while.....I had moderate apenoa

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:18 am

I do not think that once you have conquered the mask and the air and the hoses and everything else that goes with this disorder, that every night will be utopia.

Some nights are great and the mask is on all night and I feel good all day but some nights I wake up and the mask is off and I put it back on and I wake up in the a.m. still tired and by 3:00 p.m., I want a nap. But since July of this year when I first was diagnosed and put on this therapy, the majority of the time I feel so much better so I just keep plugging away.

Like last night, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and my mask was off. I do not remember why or when I took it off but when I saw that it was off, I put it back on and slept until 6:30. I think that is all we can do is to keep at it, keep at it, keep at it. Its too important not to.

At least we are not ALONE in this journey and thank God for this list and all the wonderful people on it.

Judy
----------
HH since 7/04

Nenetx2004

Post by Nenetx2004 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:00 am

Yep. Got to agree with all that's been said. I've only been on the machine a month and I still have my off nights. Boyfriend snoring, too cold in the house, cat decides to try and paw the mask off my face. The same stuff I thought was ruining my sleep before. But the good night's are beginning to far outweigh the bad!

Jeanne