Question for headrest users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fidelfs

Question for headrest users

Post by fidelfs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,

I am using comfortlite original and having some pain in my nostrils. I think the silicon for the nose pillows is to rigid and causing friction. I put lansinoh but it is not helping much. I am wearing size 4.

I wonder if you guys using the headrest have some similar problem or the headrest is plain better. The direct seal has too much leaks that I have to use a strap for the leaks, I don't want to do that because defeat the purpose of not having anything touching your face.

I have used the Opus 360 without any pain whatsoever. The problem is the straps burn my skin, I bought padacheek , it is great but it is a little slippery so I have to readjust it several times at night.

The comfortlite makes me sleep 8 hours without waking up, but I have pain next day.

jdm5

Re: Question for headrest users

Post by jdm5 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm

I haven't used the Comfortlite, but I can say I'm very happy with the Headrest. I do occasionally get a sore nare; I've found "Neosporin + pain" works well for me - note that this contains petroleum (not good for the silicon in pillows) so I use it when I wake up and once more mid-day - not before bed. I do use Lansinoh each night.

The Headrest is the best mask I've tried so far, have essentially stopped looking since it works so well. I love that nothing touches my face, and zero leaks (literally 0.00 consistently) now that I tape my mouth.

Let me know if you have more Headrest questions - I'm sold on it.

gladtosleep

Post by gladtosleep » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I couldn't use the ComfortLite because it hurt my nose, so I got the Headrest and I LOVE it! It has the softest nose pillows I've encountered. I wear it almost every night, but once every couple of weeks I give my nares a rest by using one of the nasal masks I bought when searching for the perfect mask. The Headrest is as close to perfect as I've found....but nothing you sleep with all night is completely perfect.!

letchworth

Post by letchworth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm

gladtosleep wrote:....but nothing you sleep with all night is completely perfect.!
My wife would definitely agree....

letchworth

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm running a modified and tricked-out Headrest......and I can find nothing better. My leaks are almost nonexistant....my AHI stays below 1.0......and I have no rainout. The comfort is perfect......I've added padding that gives me a mask that hardly feels like its on my head. I use 3M #2080 tape every night....along with Lansenoh. I have no soreness....EVER. My pressure range is set at 9.5 to 14.0 and everything runs smoothly.

You'll love it..........

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 pm

The only way I got my nose sore with the Headrest was when I tied it on too tight. No leaks, great comfort. The same was true for the Opus. I tried the Opus, but returned to the deconstructed Headrest.

That said, Opus nasal seals are softer than the Headrest's - and if your only problem is the masks slipping on your head, then, Karen of Padacheeks has created a strap that stabilizes the Opus - you may want to try that before buying a new mask. I haven't tried it myself.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 pm

letchworth wrote:
gladtosleep wrote:....but nothing you sleep with all night is completely perfect.!
My wife would definitely agree....

letchworth
ROTFL!!

Still chuckling at that, but anyway... back to the Headrest.

That's been far and away my favorite mask for the past five years. Too bad that most DMEs have never heard of it, or of the company (Aeiomed) that makes it. Best-kept-secret mask in the world, imho!

LINKS to HeadRest nasal pillows mask topics (same mask has had other names: Aeiomed Aura, then Headrest, then Invacare Twilight NP, then back to Aeiomed Headrest again.)
viewtopic.php?t=3098

Creative fixes and modifications for many masks:
LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I started out with the Comfortlite 2. I was also able to sleep through the night with it.

Last year this time, I got a good deal on a Headrest, and now it's hard to decide which one I like better. I was also using the direct seal #4. You're correct: it's pretty firm.

I did a little tinkering with my Headrest: cut the rubber straps off at the front, removed them from the back, and replaced the straps with my CL2 strap. I used a small piece of double-side velcro to join the front straps over the nose piece.

Modified this way, I find it very comfortable. The nasal pillows for the Headrest are quite soft.

I use my CL2 in the winter, and then shift to the Headrest for summer, because the Headrest has a smaller foot print. Er, would that be head print?

Alas, right at the moment, I am using my Zzz-mask full face (also modified with a CL2 strap) because I'm down with my annual spring respiratory infection.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

dtsm

Post by dtsm » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:29 pm

rested gal wrote: Best-kept-secret mask in the world, imho!
It's no longer a secret. Now that you've gone public, I'm going to buy stock in Aeiomed!