I'm Home!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Judy R

I'm Home!

Post by Judy R » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, I'm home, and feeling much better. I had so many tests, I'm not sure if I passed them all or not, I was never very good at test taking . The Dr.'s and Nurse's called me the "Mystery" patient, . They still don't know exactlly what was wrong with me. Pancreatitis was all they could figure out. I have to call the Dr. in the morning to get my complete orders as to what I can and cannot eat, do, etc. I'm sure there's going to be some medicine's added as well. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the sweet well wishes, I thought about you all, the whole time I was in the hospital, it kept me going, so thank you all for that, it made a huge difference and helped me to get home much sooner. So, I'm off to bed now to rest.

amos

Re: I'm Home!

Post by amos » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Judy,

I am glad that you are home and are O. K. That's the same thing my doctors told me. The called it "idiopathic pancreatitis." That is doctor speak that measn, "We don't know."

Larry

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Judy

I hope you will never need to go to hospital again because of pancreatitis or whatever it was

I'm happy you are good at home. Take care!

Rosie

kteague

Post by kteague » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Glad you made it home without any new and awful diagnoses, but those I know who've had pancreatitis said it was quite miserable. Hope you are on the mend and it's a thing of the past.
Kathy

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 pm

That's good news, Judy. May you heal quickly!

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm

It's good to hear that you're back home and feeling a bit better, Judy. I hope you sleep well!

Cobalt Panther

Post by Cobalt Panther » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 am

Judy,
Glad to see you back! Hope you feel better, sooner rather than later.
Cobalt Panther

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 am

Welcome back, Judy.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 am

Judy,

I'm glad you are safely back home. Were you able to use your CPAP in the hospital?

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

Judy R

Post by Judy R » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:51 am

First morning home, and boy is it ever nice to be home. I'm having my first cup of coffee in three days, . Had some trouble sleeping though, I didn't have someone coming in my room every hour on the hour, , funny how we get accustomed to something like that so quickly. I did get to use my machine, I didn't have one problem with that, however I found that hardly any of the Dr.'s or Nursing staff knew what OSA was. I couldn't believe it. I had to tell them what it was. Any time they gave me any sort of medicine in my IV, I had to ask if it would affect my Sleep Apnea, they looked at me like I was talking some strange language or something. Let's just say, that by the time I was released, they knew a little bit more than they did when I arrived. Chaulk one up for our side . I'm just glad to be home, and I'm very humbled by all of the well wishes of my return, Thank You All so very, very much, it means the world to me.

Big Hug's to All,
Judy

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 am

Welcome home Judy. Good to hear you're spreading the word about sleep apnea.

rosiefrosie

Post by rosiefrosie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:32 am

Glad to hear you are home and doing better. Hope things continue to improve for you and be sure to take it easy for a while.

rosie

gasp

Post by gasp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 am

Judy R wrote:First morning home, and boy is it ever nice to be home. I'm having my first cup of coffee in three days, . Had some trouble sleeping though, I didn't have someone coming in my room every hour on the hour, , funny how we get accustomed to something like that so quickly. I did get to use my machine, I didn't have one problem with that, however I found that hardly any of the Dr.'s or Nursing staff knew what OSA was. I couldn't believe it. I had to tell them what it was. Any time they gave me any sort of medicine in my IV, I had to ask if it would affect my Sleep Apnea, they looked at me like I was talking some strange language or something. Let's just say, that by the time I was released, they knew a little bit more than they did when I arrived. Chaulk one up for our side . I'm just glad to be home, and I'm very humbled by all of the well wishes of my return, Thank You All so very, very much, it means the world to me.

Big Hug's to All,
Judy
Welcome home! I did wonder about if you used your machine in the hospital and was going to ask. I understand how the hospital staff is so unaccustomed to OSA. When my father was in the hospital he wouldn't go without his machine and they tried to talk him out of it saying that he had a pulse ox on his finger and they'd know if his oxygen was low. Sheesh.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon : )

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:Welcome back, Judy.
Ditto!

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Welcome back. I'm glad you are feeling better. Rest up!
Sleep well and live better!